Back to forum
rss 180 weeks ago
Hello TeeFurians!

As an avid (or possibly even rabid) fan of Firefly, I've long been disappointed by the lack of awesome t-shirt designs for us Browncoats, and so I've decided to try to help matters by creating one myself! With the continued popularity of my LOST-inspired "Polar Beer" design, I thought it would be fun to create a Firefly design with the same sort of subtle ties to the show, but in a style that better fits the content. To that end, I give you "Serenity Sake"!

Now here's where you come in - to most closely resemble classic sake labels, the design works best on a white or cream shirt. I know though, that a number of people seriously dislike white/cream shirts, so what I want to know is - on what colors would you consider purchasing this design (if it gets printed)? Your answers will help determine how I submit it and what colors it will be on if it prints so be totally honest!

I know there is no way to make everyone happy, but I do want to please as many people as possible, so hopefully there will be a clear consensus on colors - if not, I'll choose between the most popular.

Thanks for your help!

GUYS - Which colors would you consider buying?
White
Cream
Powder Blue
Silver
Sand

pollcode.com free polls

GIRLS - Which colors would you consider buying?
White
Powder Blue
Silver
Military Green

pollcode.com free polls

28Comments
    180 weeks ago
    Love the design! I really hope it prints.
    180 weeks ago
    lovely idea, nice one!
    180 weeks ago
    Cool, thanks! The more votes I get, the more accurate the results will be, so don't forget to vote.
    180 weeks ago
    AWESOME design. I've been waiting for a Firefly-inspired shirt!!! If it prints, I'll DEFINITELY buy one. Especially if it's on silver... =]
    180 weeks ago
    I really, REALLY, REALLY hope this prints. I'll buy one for myself and one for my buddy who loves Firefly. Good luck, and any color will do. It's too epic.
    180 weeks ago
    Wow, this is impressive. I love it in silver.
    180 weeks ago
    I also voted on it being on silver. Very cool design. Surprised there hasn't been any Firefly designs that I've noticed.
    180 weeks ago
    If this gets printed it will be buying 6 shirts. No joke. I've been waiting for a Firefly/Serenity shirt on here for forever... I hope this gets printed. This will look great on any color it's printed on. Great job dude.

Browncoats Unite!
    179 weeks ago
    I like cream

but either way people are going to whine about the color lol
    179 weeks ago
    I think the cream looks good because of the contrast, so if you're going with a color... i think a lighter green would look really good actually.
    179 weeks ago
    Amongst my various polling places, it looks like SILVER was the winner! I really like some of the other colors as well, but like many of you, I think the extra contrast on silver makes the design stand out a lot more.

Thanks for your opinions everyone! Sorry if your preferred color didn't win, but hopefully you still enjoy the design!
    179 weeks ago
    I think cream would look better on girls but hey, silver was my option for guys :D
    179 weeks ago
    This is somewhat against the cultural blend of the show because it was Chinese and American cultures, not Japanese (like sake). Rice wine would be more accurate. (Sorry, totally nitpicky :P)
    179 weeks ago
    wicked design but got to point out a really annoying mistake in the words,
    where it says
    "warning this product has been proven to by the alliance to severely irritate authorities"
    sorry this is not correctly written the first "to" shouldn't be there it should read,
    "warning this product has been proven by the alliance to severely irritate authorities"
    sorry i hope you dont mind me pointing this out,
    179 weeks ago
    We need more Whedon tees
    178 weeks ago
    This is amazing. I really hope this prints.
    178 weeks ago
    Shh, it's kind of a secret, but.... Approved! Coming soon to a TeeFury near you!

Also, thanks for the tip, dippycow_5 - without your help, I would have sent in the final art with that error still in it, but luckily you caught it before then. Thanks again!
    178 weeks ago
    I like the top colour best, even though, as you said, people don't seem to like white/cream shirts much. But the top colour does work best...
    Would be the top right and bottom left after the very top image. But honestly, I'd buy whatever colour it was printed on lol. It's Firefly.
    178 weeks ago
    Honestly I'd buy any of those.
    178 weeks ago
    Love the brush style! Well done Sir! :D
    178 weeks ago
    I'd def buy it on sand. I feel like I'm required to, being both a fan of Serenity and sake...
    177 weeks ago
    I like it in every color so so much! D:
    But I like cream shirts so cream it is.
    177 weeks ago
    Love it!!! I don't care what colour really I'd wear it anyways. :D
    177 weeks ago
    Military green would be my top choice, followed by silver, but I like the design so much I'd most likely buy it no matter what.
    175 weeks ago
    For sale here at Teefury tonight at Midnight! Mark your calendars or, uh... watches!
  • Load More Comments