Back to forum
rss 181 weeks ago
Watch it tonite (halloween nite) on AMC 10/9c.
26Comments
    181 weeks ago
    I am excited for this :D
    181 weeks ago
    Been waiting for this! Looks really good... also Dawn of the Dead remake comes on before it.
    181 weeks ago
    gonna be awesome!
    179 weeks ago
    you should come watch it with me
    179 weeks ago
    Loved the first episode, the second though, wasn't all that great. Hope it picks up and gets better.
    179 weeks ago
    It got renewed for another 13 episodes! It is so well done. Enjoying it a lot.
    179 weeks ago
    Ohhhhhh myyyyy godddddd I love it... I wasn't so excited by the first episode, but second and third... jebus... I may have found something to replace Lost in my heart... for a while anyways... but 6 eps really won't do... and only 13 for s2? I've also heard a horrible rumor which I hope is false, that they're reset to the beginning when s2 begins, so they can cover stuff more fully or something... hopefully wrong...
    179 weeks ago
    Reset? If anything I would think they'd marathon the first season before the second season's premiere. Which most likely will not be until October.
    179 weeks ago
    crickitobs said: Reset? If anything I would think they'd marathon the first season before the second season's premiere. Which most likely will not be until October.

I told my friend who told me this he's gotta be wrong... why the hell would they reset something done so well already?
    179 weeks ago
    October?!? That Stinks! 6 episodes is like a tease...
    179 weeks ago
    When I found out Frank was directing this serie, I just had to check out the comics and a second after I bought The Walking Dead Compendium...love it!

Unfortunately I live in Denmark and have to wait a bit for the tv-show.
    178 weeks ago
    nailsnnovels said: October?!? That Stinks! 6 episodes is like a tease...
    They (AMC) are bringing back Mad Men and Breaking Bad, and a couple other new shows for next year, so yeah, my guess would be October. With the whole Halloween thing again most likely.
    178 weeks ago
    nailsnnovels said: October?!? That Stinks! 6 episodes is like a tease...
    They (AMC) are bringing back Mad Men and Breaking Bad, and a couple other new shows for next year, so yeah, my guess would be October. With the whole Halloween thing again most likely.
    177 weeks ago
    Huzzah! I knew there would be a crowd of fellow zombie nerds here that would appreciate my enthusiasm for this show. Tonight's episode was intense. I haven't been this enamored since Shaun of the Dead.
    177 weeks ago
    Eh, last night's episode wasn't my favorite of the season. I didn't really feel engaged until the last 10 minutes when they reached the CDC.
    177 weeks ago
    Too much smurf drama, not enough zombies.
    177 weeks ago
    I've said it elsewhere, and I'll say it here.

If you're wanting to watch The Walking Dead for just the zombies.. well, you're looking in the wrong direction. It's about people surviving, trying to cling to those last bits of humanity and stay sane. Character drama with a zombie apocalypse as the background. Hell, the "walking dead" doesn't even refer to zombies, the irony of the show calling them 'walkers' is that the people are the Walking Dead. People are the unpredictable son of a smurf monsters they need to be concerned about, zombies just want one thing and that's tear into your flesh.
    177 weeks ago
    crickitobs said: I've said it elsewhere, and I'll say it here.

If you're wanting to watch The Walking Dead for just the zombies.. well, you're looking in the wrong direction. It's about people surviving, trying to cling to those last bits of humanity and stay sane. Character drama with a zombie apocalypse as the background. Hell, the "walking dead" doesn't even refer to zombies, the irony of the show calling them 'walkers' is that the people are the Walking Dead. People are the unpredictable son of a smurf monsters they need to be concerned about, zombies just want one thing and that's tear into your flesh.

I couldn't have said it better myself!
    177 weeks ago
    Eh, my real problem with the last episode is that they are killing the characters off too quickly before really getting the audience invested in their well being. They killed the younger sister off 40 minutes after a scene that basically introduced her. I don't even remember her name, and honestly, the only reason I cared about it was because Andrea was so upset. They need to spend more time developing the characters before they kill them off. Especially if, like you said, the point of the show is about how humans cope with surviving.
    177 weeks ago
    Amy first showed up in episode one not by name, but she was the one that tried to talk to Rick over the CB. And the other people that died? Red shirts. Amy's death is pretty much Andrea's woman in the refrigerator. She was never meant to live, merely being Andrea's needed growth.
    176 weeks ago
    crickitobs said: I've said it elsewhere, and I'll say it here.

Its not just that I want to see more zombies, but the acting hasn't been great either. I understand what your saying about survival but its hard to get into it when the acting isn't convincing.
    176 weeks ago
    Never noticed this thread, but I also wanted to chime in. I was completely taken back by how well the survival aspect and story played out, so far, and can't wait to see the last episode. Generally these kind of shows, or movies, or anything within the zombie genre focuses mostly on the zombies or the living. While they do mix, obviously, its never done as gracefully and at particular times and moments that just seem right to the audience. Walking Dead has done it fantastically well. They've managed to bring intricate details to both sides of the story, which seamlessly intermingle throughout the episodes. The "walkers" have got to be the most realistic in the sense of how they would interact with the environment, how their brains would function. What kind of consciousness is actually left over. Then they add in a perfect amount of personal loss. The mother who kept wandering around near her family, in which those scenes played out in a terrifying but honest way. Then you have the middle ground. Loss of a brother, but not at the hands of the walkers, but in a situation brought on by the changes brought on by the walkers. Then you have the loss of innocence, with the kids and what they have to encounter. You see the perspective of the loss and recovery of a family and loved ones, while at the same time, in the same moment you lose something and someone because you realize the best friend of your husband had lied to you, and you have to figure out why. What were the motives?

I could go on forever. There are so many edges and cliffs this movie tilts on. So many different perspectives of almost the same emotions and experiences but yet, experienced totally differently, walkers, kids, siblings, husbands, wives, teachers, survivors, cowards... Same human experience, in such a diverse way of existence, all with the right amount of focus, all intertwined and played out in a smooth, distinct, clear way.

It definitely goes well beyond the typical human/dead thing, the whole philosophy existing behind it. Its refreshing to say the least. The problem of living, and dying and that philosophy seems to be last on the list this time here in the Walking Dead series. Bravo, Bravo! Excellent work, indeed. Just need the minute hand to swing around the clock another 15-20 times and we can watch.
    176 weeks ago
    Well they're replacing all the current writers as well, so lets see how that goes for the upcoming season.
    176 weeks ago
    Actually, they're not. Kirkman's even said it's false.
    Chic Eglee is a high-level television writer. He was brought onto The Walking Dead with the idea that Frank was going to work on the first season and then go off and do movies. Chic didn't want to be second-in-command on a show when he's used to being a top dog, and so he decided to go off and do something else, which is something that happens and is not a big deal.
    Besides that, admittedly some of the acting from the support is off, but it's support.
    176 weeks ago
    can you send me a link to that story saying its debunked? I want to show some people I'm friends with about the info.

I've searched and couldn't find the article anywhere.
  • Load More Comments