Back to forum
rss 183 weeks ago
Hey all! I just wanted to share some sketches/art of mine in case you'd like to take a look. Okay, that's not the only reason I'm posting here. My maniacal ulterior motive is to get feedback from the community because I'm having a hard time getting it anywhere else.

Either way, I really appreciate you stopping by to take a look whether you leave feedback or not. Thank you!

32Comments
    183 weeks ago
    Oh, and if you'd like to watch a time lapse video of a random session of sketching you can check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbunx_Uzrws

The most interesting stuff starts at 5:00.
    183 weeks ago
    Ok, don't watch that last link...it's like 6 minutes. This clip is of the most entertaining stuff from the longer version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go8kLhPihzU

Sorry about that! Should have made it shorter in the first place. Thanks for watching! :)
    183 weeks ago
    noiselessness, you have so many beautiful designs! The top one is what I could most see myself wearing. I'd like to know more about it. Is it purely from your imagination or is it related to something else? It reminds me a little of Coraline. It's painted very nicely.
    I love the form and strokes in the second one! The third guy is really neat and so well done! I also love the top two of the brown sketches! Keep up the great work!
    183 weeks ago
    Very very talented, all of it is great stuff, my favorite is the circus bear :D
    183 weeks ago
    Thank you both so much! You have no idea how much it means to me to get some feedback. :)

Abbi - The top design is actually modeled after my sister who is also an artist (www.noomx.com). Most everything she draws/paints is black & white and she absolutely loves iguanas so that is how the drawing turned out. I guess you could say the drawing is of a troubled artist and her muse. :)
    183 weeks ago
    im sorry. your stuff is too good
    183 weeks ago
    you have some great sketches here ,i watched the video too its great,youre very talented and i would love to see some of youre stuff for sale on here.
    183 weeks ago
    AMAZING!!! Such diversified creativity for all to enjoy:)
    183 weeks ago
    Wow N\noiselessness you have some great stuff! I think my favorite out of what you have shown here is the green guy in the 3rd image! Keep up the amazing work.
    183 weeks ago
    Your art is great! You're very talented. :)
    183 weeks ago
    Aww, thanks so much everyone! You all really made my day! :D
    182 weeks ago
    More sketchy updates.

All I want to do is make a t-shirt design, but then I go and end up with something like this. It started out with tee intentions but then just became a kind of Sheik fan-art doodle fail.

Hopefully will have something more worthwhile soon!
    sheik_rgb.jpg
    182 weeks ago
    Work in progress - "Don't Come In, I'm Naked!!"
    What do you think? Funny or smurfed?
    dont_come_in_im_naked.jpg
    182 weeks ago
    noiselessness said: Work in progress - "Don't Come In, I'm Naked!!"

What do you think? Funny or smurfed?
    dont_come_in_im_naked.jpg

Nice one!
    182 weeks ago
    Thank you, bleee! :)

Someone commented that the rabbit's mouth is distracting at the gum right below his nose. Granted this is a rough version, but I was wondering if anyone else thought the same. I thought it looked good but I can't always catch that kind of stuff with my own work!
    182 weeks ago
    That's one funny bunny:) You're full of AWSOMENESS!!!
    182 weeks ago
    I Love all Your wonderful art. Keep up the great work!
    182 weeks ago
    noiselessness said: Thank you, bleee! :)

Someone commented that the rabbit's mouth is distracting at the gum right below his nose. Granted this is a rough version, but I was wondering if anyone else thought the same. I thought it looked good but I can't always catch that kind of stuff with my own work!

In what way distracting? looks fine to me, unless you mean for there to be a slight gap between his nose and gum line?
    182 weeks ago
    bleee said:
    noiselessness said: Thank you, bleee! :)

In what way distracting? looks fine to me, unless you mean for there to be a slight gap between his nose and gum line?

I'm not totally sure what he meant was distracting. I couldn't see it and was just wondering if anyone else did. I guess I shouldn't worry about it...I mean, if I can't see what's wrong there's no way I can fix it! :P
    182 weeks ago
    awkycuz said: I Love all Your wonderful art. Keep up the great work!

Thank you so much! :D
    I will do my best to keep on keepin' on!
    180 weeks ago
    noiselessness said: Thank you both so much! You have no idea how much it means to me to get some feedback. :)

Abbi - The top design is actually modeled after my sister who is also an artist (www.noomx.com). Most everything she draws/paints is black & white and she absolutely loves iguanas so that is how the drawing turned out. I guess you could say the drawing is of a troubled artist and her muse. :)

Nice! Thanks for filling me in :). It's pretty neat that she as both your family and a fellow artist is one of your inspirations!
    180 weeks ago
    Ok artists and teefurians, I just wanted to share these totally awesome life-drawing resources/tools with you! They help you warm up and improve. I was told about them today and am already completely in love so check them out:

Humans:
    http://pixelovely.com/tools/gesture.html
    (Disclaimer: Includes nude models)

Animals:
    http://pixelovely.com/tools/animalgesture.html

Here are my 10 second, 30 second, and 2 minute sketches using the drawing tools:
    (Click to see them full size)
    hw_lifedrawing_human1.jpg

html>
    169 weeks ago
    Yay, I finally finished the naked rabbit design!

He's taking a bath...don't you knock?! :P

wade_naked_thumb.jpg
    169 weeks ago
    Life drawing study (kind of)

I used the van der pire gif from www.jamesvandermemes.com
    (van der pire gif)

...Played with halftones for once. Learned a lot! Thanks go to vandermemes for the hilarious expressions and ;jimiyo for the immensely helpful tuts and resources!

P.S....Is it ok to keep using this thread to share my sketches and stuff? I do not want to spam/annoy anyone!
    james_van_der_pire_640wide.jpg
    167 weeks ago
    Love your art! I don't have time to go through and comment on every single one, but they are awesome! You should be getting paid for this stuff :D
  • Load More Comments