Back to forum
rss 184 weeks ago
why are a lot of people on teetrade so freaking rude? really makes me disappointed in the t-shirt community.

ive had maybe one good experience, the rest of people have been straight up mean or rude. some dude tried selling me a shirt for $20 + shipping that he got out of a grab bag. really guy? he responds with "should of got it within the 24 hours"

thanks, prick.

/endrant

p.s. please leave postive stories of teetrade experience. i need my faith to be restored.

p.p.s if anybody has respect the chemistry in a mens medium, please let me know!
23Comments
    184 weeks ago
    I've only done one trade on there so far, but it was pretty seamless. I have another one in the works and it seems to be going fine too. There are jerks everywhere in life, but there are also decent folks.
    184 weeks ago
    i guess i just keep finding the jerks. sighhhh oh well.
    184 weeks ago
    For awhile I was making a lot of trades on TeeTrade. I only had one experience I would classify as bad- a guy who sent me a shirt with a bleached spot on it, ugh. And a lot more that went awesomely, including a few where people sent me more than I traded for.

There were a few that either didn't respond or responded in ways I didn't like (like your $20 guy), but I actually don't mind that- I view that as a strong indication that those guys aren't worth dealing with. They're just saving you time, really. It would be so much worse to actually send something to them or have to hope they'd send something to me! At least you know quickly to move on :)
    184 weeks ago
    Next time I have second thoughts about a shirt, I'll look you up. :)
    184 weeks ago
    I've had four good experiences over there....I guess I got lucky. I do hate when people don't answer you back though.
    184 weeks ago
    I hope I'm not jinxing myself but I've had all great experiences on there. I've done about 8 trades so far and they were all pleasant. Some were straight trades for shirts; others involved exchange of money through paypal. I never paid more than $10 for a shirt and that included shipping which I feel is a good deal. I do hate when people don't reply on there. I encourage you to leave negative feedback on the folks that are rude. Then maybe they'll learn. Just click on their username and you can give them a sad face and leave a comment.
    184 weeks ago
    Don't worry! I've had a guy try to pull a $17 sale on me.... :/ However, I've done swaps with several other people with great results! I was able to get the "Original Gamer" shirt I missed due to being sick. And the awesome "I'm Nutritious, The cake is a Liar," I was able to get that one for only $7!!!! Have faith there are some great people out there.... :)
    184 weeks ago
    thanks for the positive stories guys. makes me feel a little bit better that not everyone smurfs out there.
    184 weeks ago
    Hey Niku, there's one up on teetrade (I know, I know) but they don't have anything to trade. Just thought I'd let you know. Trader is User: RJ3000
    184 weeks ago
    yeah i already tried.

thanks though.
    184 weeks ago
    Sorry to hear you've been having a hard time with people on there, Niku. :( I've gone through with two trades, one was when I traded a grab bag Ziggy / Jason shirt for the X-wing invaders one, went beautifully, and even better, I was able to locate the "Poe It" (literally my favorite shirt now) for $5, including shipping. So very happy. I always leave good feedback when a trade goes well.
    184 weeks ago
    Now I have visions of Walter Matthau sitting in front of the computer in his underwear trading shirts....thanks. :o)))))
    184 weeks ago
    I've traded 4 times and every time I had a good experience. People were polite and had packages sent out very quickly. That guy just sounds like a prick.

I dont blame ya Niku. If that happened to me, i'd feel the same way.
    183 weeks ago
    I have nothing but good experiences with the people on Tee Trade.
    180 weeks ago
    Just received another shirt through TeeTrade.org, the Samurai Mind one from nearly a year ago.. Very pleased. ^_^
    180 weeks ago
    niku said: yeah i already tried.

thanks though.

You were the one saying you would straight buy it, too bad what i offered was obviously not as extreme as you seem to make it out to be because someone bought it, FOR YOU nonetheless.

i honestly didn't even make money off of it, merely broke even.
    180 weeks ago
    Someone seems to be too cheap to take a negative criticism about themselves. You must be upset cause I exposed your ways of trying to hustle people on teetrade, but it's whatever. You eventually find a sucker to pay your ridiculous prices in the end. Don't get your panties in a bunch, there is plenty of time still to flip tshirts!
    180 weeks ago
    Well if you really get off on LYING to STRANGERS on the INTERNET about things that aren't really that big of a deal like A SHIRT (which you now own) thats fine.

Sure I'm the bad guy who only wanted a fair trade, but its cool keep up the LIES to people to make yourself look better.
    180 weeks ago
    The tl;dr version of this argument seems to be that one of you thinks the stated price on a shirt was appropriate and the other does not.

This does not strike me as an argument worth investing a lot of energy in. How about you guys agree to disagree? :)
    180 weeks ago
    MJ said: The tl;dr version of this argument seems to be that one of you thinks the stated price on a shirt was appropriate and the other does not.

This does not strike me as an argument worth investing a lot of energy in. How about you guys agree to disagree? :)

I can, but this entire post is an attack against me. He used this site to slander my name, which isn't exactly fair.
    180 weeks ago
    agreed to disagree, out of respect for teefury. that same respect doesnt extend to flippers though.
    180 weeks ago
    The only bad experiences I've had are people just not responding.

Out of over 15 attempts, 2 people replied. 1 I bought a shirt from, the other stopped emailing. *shrug*
    179 weeks ago
    $20 for a grab bag shirt? ouch, thats a rip off