Back to forum
rss 291 weeks ago
For promotional purposes, Im having a drawing. I need to garner votes for my 10K DBH entry. Made it to the Final Round.

Votes have been reset for the final round, so if you voted last week, you can vote again.

somewhereelse.com LINK TO VOTE...

If you go VOTE and COMMENT, you will be put in a drawing for 3 original sketches on 11x14 paper. One person will get all three.

I know I'm not famous so it might not be worth anything to anyone, but you can write your grocery list on it, and it will be the most awesome grocery list ever. You can burn it if you want, all combined they represent many hours of my life. An excellent allegory of the meaninglessness of art and life it would be...

Also try to convince Layne to print any of these designs so I can get more exposure. (This week preferably...)

These have been freeD from design prison!!!

24Comments
    291 weeks ago
    That crow is awesome.
    291 weeks ago
    "That crow is awesome."

+1

Hell, they're ALL awesome. Jimmy's in a class by himself. I voted but left no comment, and won't. I voted because I love the design and that's enough for me. I envy whoever gets the prize, though.

You ever thought about just selling your sketches on eBay, Jimmy? Not these, but any in the future? I'd be more than happy to bid on them and I'm sure others would, too.

Good luck in the contest, you've got some stiff competition. There are three designs including your own that look like possible winners. I don't consider you an underdog by any means but I do consider you the hardest working man in the tshirt design business judging by your output. You're the James Brown (jimibro) of the tshirt world. Seriously, good luck. I'm rooting for ya.
    291 weeks ago
    I like the second pencil sketch and if that was done up to be printed, I would buy that.

Geez... I just voted yesterday or something like that for the DBH shirt. So I have to do it again? :)

Congrats and good luck!
    291 weeks ago
    Great idea Jimi. I voted for your DBH one...and really hope you pull off the top spot! Best of luck!
    291 weeks ago
    I just voted (again) on DBH for you! I been voting for you for the past few rounds - that shirt is absolutely amazing!
    291 weeks ago
    add some color to that second pic (sketch) and make it into a shirt, its totally bad ass
    291 weeks ago
    sorry jimi your designs ARE amazing, but just too busy for me. Besides I really like that cctv one :) Best of luck though!
    291 weeks ago
    Agreed on the second sketch. I want to wear that. Also, good luck in the 10k competition!
    291 weeks ago
    thanks for the props and votes peeps! :)

and the second sketch is actually up on DBH...

291 weeks ago
    HEY GUYS.... ANTE UP.

10 people will win $100.... If I win the contest at DBH.

See http://www.jimiyo.com for details.

Thanks!
    ;j
    291 weeks ago
    wow..bribing people to vote. I am so in :D
    291 weeks ago
    Jimi, you are so awesome!
    291 weeks ago
    Did you use burn/dodge for your 10k finalist entry? If so, that's just amazing.
    291 weeks ago
    Theo: Yes, only when in grayscale to accentuate shadows/highlights. Also used gradients of black fills to darken areas.

;j
    290 weeks ago
    I definitely voted and commented. :)
    290 weeks ago
    i sure voted for ya! your drawings are incredible!
    290 weeks ago
    vote, check, comment, check. Good luck dude!
    290 weeks ago
    Well, good try, gratz on the $1000 and 4th place!
    290 weeks ago
    thanks for all the votes and support, and pat on backs.

its actually been a really awesome experience, so many people rooting for me, etc. really very... i dont know.. the word... very affirming for my identity. :)

anyways... just wanted to show you guys the inside joke i uploaded to DBH.

when i uploaded the hi-res version so they could make screens from them, i had this on the top photoshop layer.

always makin jokes jimmy! arent you ever serious?!?!?!?

------ anyways, ill probably come up with more ways to say thanks to the online community for their help. maybe some more giveaways of sketches, etc.

this set of sketches was won by AttilatheMom.

anyways. Thanks!
    290 weeks ago
    I'm sure they got a kick out of the top layer Jimi! Congratulations to AttilatheMom. Very cool! She'll love the sketches! Lucky gal!
    290 weeks ago
    sorry no big win man, but a print? You can't complain with that.
    290 weeks ago
    >>>>>Arrow: sorry no big win man, but a print? You can't complain with that.

Im a Wooter at heart... so yes... I Can complain.
    Jokes jokes.
    Yeah, Im happy that they raised the prize to $1000 instead of the $500.
    It was good experience.

290 weeks ago
    haha no doubt, exposure alone, is worth it.
    290 weeks ago
    Fourth place? That ain't right. Mathiole got robbed, too. If it's any consolation they had your shirt on the home page for a long time and that's got to help sales. I imagine it's hard to compete against the BRC and their built-in advantage for gathering votes. Still, great shirt and I'll own it soon.