Back to forum
rss 201 weeks ago

35Comments
    201 weeks ago
    I really dig the idea of Empire propaganda. I suggest you research about the Empire and all to make a better color choice because this intense red, tho it looks good, it's a little bit too far from what the Empire stands for, you know? Like, take a look at the officer's uniforms, they're gray, with black helemtes, gloves and boots. The Troopers wear plain white armors (with the exeption of the high ranks, they have a couple of color stripes or details and that's it), you know what I mean?

One more thing, the whole point of propaganda is to make the viewer believe they can 'be all they can be' or something like that, right? I really don't think everyone CAN be Vader, there's just one Vader and that's him. I would recomend to use all Troopers helmets, Clones, Stormtroopers and Scouts, they all have different models of helmets and try to make your illustrations with thicker stroke, like to give the idea of strenght and power and all that.

Like I said, the idea is awesome and I think it could be a really neat shirt, which I would totally buy.

Oh and, sorry for the long comment 8D
    201 weeks ago
    very cool man. I see you are a big fan and know your "star wars" and i would really like to get some more input from you. I`ll make updates.

In the meantime..what colour do you suggest for the background?
    201 weeks ago
    Why thanks for letting me 'guide' you, haha. No but seriously, I think you could use like 50% black or maybe lighter, to give it the idea of the 'neutralness' color wise of the Empire. Also, maybe try making the statement a little bit more dramatic and less comic, something like "The Empire needs YOU" or something like that. You could check on the web if you can find some old WWI and II propaganda or even Communist propaganda, that'll give you a better idea of the text you should place.

Or, if you want to make it funny, try with some clever puns, something all SW fans would read and laugh about it, something like "Get your free dark side bonus coupon now! plus a WOOKIEE" haha, you know what I mean?

I'm glad to be some help, rock on dude!
    201 weeks ago
    Yeah actually i want it to be funny. The thing is if i make the whole poster black and white it`s not so appealing you know. I searched communist propaganda posters and they have bright colours. I`m not trying to make this 100% legit...so i`m gonna leave the red even if it`s not so empire-approved. The + a wookie is a terrific idea and ill use it haha.
    I tried to make the big message a little funny...but i still need to make it like a propaganda one. First i thought about "resistance is futile" but then i realised thats from star trek :D.
    201 weeks ago
    Maybe try something like "Stop being a rebel" or "rebels were born to die" or something related to 'rebels', that could make it even funier.
    Go ahead man, maybe you can use some bright orange/yello/red combos and make it look more like commy propaganda with a very pop side (dark side, haha)
    201 weeks ago
    that`s what i`m doin now. I`ll post the update as soon as i`m finished
    201 weeks ago
    So here`s what i came up with. I kinda love the vintage one even though i replaced the whites. I inputted the exact style of soviet propagandas. The second one...well i made it like a modern propaganda haha
    36901980.jpg
    201 weeks ago
    I like the designs! The outline on the helmets seem really thin and kind of weak though. All of the other lines around the letters are thick and the helmets are thin and don't seem to stand out to be as strong as they should.
    201 weeks ago
    i`ll try a thicker outline. I don`t see the need to thicken the inside lines
    201 weeks ago
    That vintage look is sweet.
    201 weeks ago
    Well this is the final version. Tomorrow i`ll sub it. Thanks a lot for your comments.
    Mad props to D4N13L for star wars intel haha. I have high hopes for this artwork. Wish me luck haha
    darksidepropaganda.jpg=
    201 weeks ago
    Wow I love this. If it gets printed I'll buy it in a heartbeat
    201 weeks ago
    Yes! The thicker outlines look so much better! I'll totally buy this shirt.
    201 weeks ago
    Rkdoo said: Well this is the final version. Tomorrow i`ll sub it. Thanks a lot for your comments.

Mad props to D4N13L for star wars intel haha. I have high hopes for this artwork. Wish me luck haha
    darksidepropaganda.jpg=

YES!
    Loves it, loves it a lots! One tiny thing, make the bottom text the same sand color and this is a must have for me. Nailed it with the thicker outline.
    Great one dude!
    201 weeks ago
    Thank you very much man. Let me know if you`re interested in that collabo. Thanks for your help.
    201 weeks ago
    I like the lighter shaded one best! Super awesome! Would buy in a heart beat!
    201 weeks ago
    i`m very glad you like it. Now it`s just wait and see. I`m kinda the pessimistic type but hey....who knows
    201 weeks ago
    This is a instant buy,great job!
    201 weeks ago
    I think you need thicker outlines on Darth Vader

also not to be a downer but this concept has been done before

Long_Live_the_Empire_by_domnx.jpg
    propaganda-star_wars9.jpg
    star-wars-propaganda-20100301-135405.jpg
    blog-star_wars_propaganda_5.jpg?w=460&h=572
    star_wars_trading_card_propaganda_poster_02.jpg
    AMSWOTLTD63lg.jpg
    201 weeks ago
    a lot of designs have been done before...especially star wars related. It`s not a downer for me. I`m still happy with the way my design turned out. It`s my own take on it and i like it better then the ones you showed me. Just my opinion. I didn`t rip off if that`s what you`re implying
    201 weeks ago
    no I don't think you ripped it off

if
    201 weeks ago
    edit: if I were working on a design I'd like to know if the concept had been done before

201 weeks ago
    i usually do a lot of research when i start a design. I stopped doing a lot of projects due to the fact that they had been done before. But with this one i just came up with the idea...drew the characters, searched some soviet propaganda for coloring end when i was near completion i wondered what i would come up with if i search star wars propaganda on google. Indeed i found a few of the ones you showed me but i just didn`t like em. so i continued with my design, my idea, i wanted to make it more comic, funnier, colourful.
    201 weeks ago
    + i did the design so that it would look good on a tshirt..not a poster
    201 weeks ago
    HOLY smurf THAT IS AMAZING!!! that is a must buy!
    Nice job dude, looking forward to more art work :)
  • Load More Comments