Back to forum
rss 188 weeks ago
TeeFury is filled with wonderful people from a variety of walks of life. I'd love to hear about you and what's going on in your life.
30Comments
    188 weeks ago
    ok here goes..........i am a single mum of 5 ,yes thats five wonderful kids ,
    aged 19 yrs,16yrs,14yrs,10yrs and 3 yrs ,4 boys and 1 girl,
    i dont work as i am officially my 10 yr old sons carer as he is autistic and at home all the time as he cannot cope with schools etc so thats my main full time job ,
    well that and buying teefury shirts,for my collection(will talk about that in a mo) and my 19yr olds university tee collection,
    ok now more on my collection of tees,when it comes to tees i am a bit of a freak, i dont wear them i collect them and put them in protective display boxes like art because to me thats what they are limited edition pieces of art so i have a tee collection.well more of a library actually.
    i have recently been lucky enough to come second in the teefury 2nd birthday competition run by fuzzylogic and won some wicked stuff including one of the jimiyo hope tees which was the first tee ever released on teefury so thats got pride of place in my collection.
    ok thats all i can think of saying for now,

188 weeks ago
    whoops sorry forgot to say ABBI OF ALL TRADES where is your info we want to no about you too,
    188 weeks ago
    Dippycow, it sounds like you work really hard; it's just not work you get paid for. I think it's fantastic that you're able to be his full time caregiver! I notice that you're always so sweet by your comments, so I'm sure that you do a wonderful job. Five kids is plenty of work just by itself, too, so kudos to you!!

That's really interesting. How long have you been collecting tees? Do you put the display cases up on walls or are they upright on top of furniture? (I don't have any display cases, so I don't what I'm talking about yet intrigued.) A library of tees - awesome! Oh yeah, I remember that. Yes, I'd noticed Jimiyo's beautiful Hope shirt in the TeeFury gallery, before!
    188 weeks ago
    Thank you for asking, dippycow! I'm just simply learning how to live again. I've spent so much of my life wrapped in fear and stuck on being perfectionistic that I'm trying to just be more open and live with love and expressively.
    188 weeks ago
    thanks abbi ,my collection is actually all stood on a shelf like a library of books only bigger i have to many to display them all but i love them all and tend to rotate which ones are actually on display so they all get there turn,i came up with the idea because im not a t shirt wearer really and was gradually collecting more through teefury and red bubble amongst other places and didnt want them just hung in the wardbrobe out of the way so found a supplier of these display boxes and bought up a whole load and thats where it all began .

im glad you starting to enjoy life and live a more open life ,its great to have you here ,maybe you can pop over to the now_the_mystery_is _over thread and have a chat with some of us regulars who have created a place to come and chat regualrly on here ,here is the link to the page

http://www.teefury.com/forum/2332/Now_The_Mystery_Is_Over__________/
    188 weeks ago
    That's really neat, Dippycow! A library of art!! What do these display case look like? How long have you been collecting? Do you collect anything else, as well?

Dippycow, you are so sweet! Thank you! It's a gradual process, but I guess most good changes are :). Ok, here I go :) - thanks :).
    188 weeks ago
    To start, i am a 22 year old dude born and raised on the water (starting at the Phillipines and ending in Florida). I've lived life at the beach but still found time to pursue all walks of life such as my avid pursuit of dungeons and dragons. I've been a genius since kindergarten and have always had high expectations set for me which has more likely than not led to my rebellious/lackadaisical nature. I attend FSU to pursue my dream of become a top notch game designer and am currently tearing final fantasy 13 a new one :D
    188 weeks ago
    Thank you for joining us, ekiechi! Ah, Dungeons and Dragons :)! I only played it a little back in the day but had a lot of fun doing so. I'm glad it continues to live on! It's nice to know about you and your love of the water :). I love the word lackadaisical! It sounds like your good at being true to yourself :). It's great that you're are a genius and even more great that you do what you want with those talents! I am all for lack of pressure!
    ekiechi said: ... I attend FSU to pursue my dream of become a top notch game designer and am currently tearing final fantasy 13 a new one :D
    That's awesome!
    188 weeks ago
    I don't want to blab too much, here but give everybody else a chance to share, but I am realizing maybe I should share a little more about myself so people feel more comfortable stepping out in here.
    I'm 31 and recently went back to school for Fine/Visual Arts. I never finished college and instead did child care for a long time. I nannied and taught some great little kids but then decided I wanted to get more education. I'm still figuring out what I'm doing with my life, but for the first time in my life, I'm ok with that. I love to read - esp. stories (biographies, sci-fi, fantasy, inspired stories, the book of Ruth). I also dig Encyclopedias and like to read random articles I suddenly get interested in! I carry a mini dictionary and thesaurus around with me most ever where I go - so much fun! What do you mean I'm a nerd *gasp*?!
    188 weeks ago
    Im basically a failure. That's it.
    I also eat alot without turning fat.
    188 weeks ago
    abbi it sounds like youve done ok and are continuing to do so,thanks for shareing

acex222 no one is a failure i am sure you have many good redeeming features to you ,like being able to eat loads without gaining weight thats something id like to be good at,sadly im failing at that ,lol
    188 weeks ago
    acex222, I agree with dippy. You are not a failure. You may not be where you want to be right now, but I wish you the best! You can do great things! Yes, I don't know you, but we all have a lot of potential. It takes a lot of hard work to know when to accept tough stuff and when to fight against it. I'm certainly far from being success, but I'm learning. So are you!

Thank you for your support, Dippy! You are such a loving person!!
    187 weeks ago
    cheers abbi,i love that you looked up the word "natter" on the other thread it did make me giggle,and after the week i have had its good to giggle so cheers again.(i forgot to mention it on there ,)
    187 weeks ago
    Thanks guys, but seriously. I have ever achived anything. Oh well, least i'm not hospitalised.
    187 weeks ago
    Abbi of all Trades said: Thank you for joining us, ekiechi! Ah, Dungeons and Dragons :)! I only played it a little back in the day but had a lot of fun doing so. I'm glad it continues to live on! It's nice to know about you and your love of the water :). I love the word lackadaisical! It sounds like your good at being true to yourself :). It's great that you're are a genius and even more great that you do what you want with those talents! I am all for lack of pressure!
    ekiechi said: ... I attend FSU to pursue my dream of become a top notch game designer and am currently tearing final fantasy 13 a new one :D
    That's awesome!

i appreciate that you feel that way. Good to get some feedback from people that are not complete trolls all the time (curse you /b/). I also appreciate that you started this thread, because i feel that people out there like to get their stories out there for a community (such as teefury) to read about and all that jazz. Makes people feel like part of something bigger.
    187 weeks ago
    @Dippy, it's funny how different British and U.S. English can be! I'm glad I made you laugh, again! I'm esp. thankful for that as you've been having this tough time lately! *hug*

@acex222, I do understand your frustration! I haven't achieved much, either. But I've learned that what we do isn't what makes us valuable! Why do you love people? I'm sure you're very loved! I and Dippy are just meeting you, and we know you're valuable.

@ekiechi - Yes, I absolutely feel that genius shouldn't be limited and that it's great that you're marrying it with your passion! It would thwart your gifts to use them in a way that you hated. Thank you for your support! It is fun to get to know fellow TeeFurians, better! I am glad to make anyone feel like they are part of something bigger than they originally thought! We are all meant to have great purpose, even if it's "just" to love others in this world!
    187 weeks ago
    @Abbi of all Trades, People are cool, because they have stories to tell, while I only have stories to repeat. But thanks for the Valubility (not a word) compliment (^o^)
    187 weeks ago
    i bet you have stories to tell you just dont think they are worth telling,give it a go you might be surprised what come out when you get going,
    187 weeks ago
    I'm a 23 year old guy from Philadephia, PA that is probably way too geeky for my own good. I'm a writer for examiner.com and essentially my job is to read comic books and write whatever I want about them (reviews, previews of upcoming stuff, spotlight articles, ect). I can't really complain. Beyond comic books I'm wayyyy into video games (Zelda, Resident Evil, Halo, ect) and I collect action figures (more specifially Transformers and a few other lines).

Outside of my absurd level of geekiness I hang out with friends and work on my music during most of my free time. I play in a (currently) local band and we're currently in the process of recording out first official EP, so it should be interesting.
    187 weeks ago
    Hey, acex222, like Dippy says I'm sure you have stories to tell. But if you'd rather repeat one or just listen that's cool, too :). Like her I do encourage you to try when you feel comfortable.

Dippy, you're a sweetheart!

Hi, Jordamus_prime, it sounds like you're living your passion and making a living with it! That's fantastic! Do you love your job as much as you'd hoped, when starting out? From what you said here and from seeing you in other threads, you seem like a lot of fun! Being geeky is great! I think most if not all people, are geeky in some way. What instrument do you play and what type of music do you play with it? How long have you been in this band? Congratulations on recording your first EP! By the way, does EP stand for extended play, electronic piano, or something else? I am not hip :).
    186 weeks ago
    @Abbi Yeah I love it, comics have sort of always been my thing and I love writing, so it's essentially hte perfect job for me. I've always sort of worn my geekiness on my sleeve and it's never let me down yet.

I sing lead vocals and play rhythm guitar in my band. We play sort of like a mix between alternative and pop-punk, and we've ben together since last November. RIght now we're actually in between members as we found a sudden need for a new Bassist, but beyond that things have been going steady for a while.

EP stands for 'Extended Play', so its like releasing a CD single, except its 5 or 6 tracks instead of one, but it isnt a full length album.
    185 weeks ago
    Oops, I took to long and got logged off. I am that null :0).
    185 weeks ago
    * Ack, I meant too :).
    185 weeks ago
    said: Hey, Jordan, I can't believe it has been a whole week, already! I apologize. I love it when people are able to get such joy/satisfaction out of their work! I like that you used the on your sleeve phrase. Keep wearing that geekiness proudly!

Do you write any-all of the lyrics? Wow, thank you for opening up that new world of knowledge in talking about the rhythm guitar. Hopefully, Google and Wikipedia served me correctly. I expected it to be a type of guitar but learned it's a particular method of playing. Do you use an electric, acoustic, or a humbucker-equipped electric guitar? I "had to" look up the humbucker, too :0). Does not having a bassist, make the sound less rhythmic? Wik was telling me that different rhythm guitarists can choose to play off various other instrumentalists to get different affects. Whether Wik led me the wrong way or if you feel like elaborating, then I look forward to learning more. That's only if you'd like to :0). I hope all works out with finding a bassist. Your music sounds like it's intriguing.

Ah, so it's one song that takes up the space of a bunch of tracks? (I'm lazy and tired now, so I'll talk to Wik, later :0).)

I write most of the lyrics either myself or with my manager who is a close personal friend. Usually one of us will come up with something to start then we'll bounce ideas back and forth until a song is finished. Also, I play several gutiars. I usually bounce back and froth between my '05 Gibson SG Electric and my Ibanez Electric Acoustic. Our sound is kind of mixed so depending on what song we're playing I play a different guitar. Not having a bass makes things harder to do because it's ALOT less rhythmic, but we're looking for a new bassist right now. Unfortunatly they aren't as easy to find as you think. I just recently bought a Bass of my own so I may be taking over Bass Responsibilities and just finding a new rhythm guitarist, considering there are more guitarists around than bassists.

And to explain an EP a bit further, it isnt one song hat takes up several tracks, it is several songs usually on a CD or some other format. Just less songs than a full album would have. For example, a full length album would usually have about 10 to 15 songs on it, where as an EP usually only has 5 or 6.
    185 weeks ago
    I enjoyed reading all of your stories, thank you! In return, I will share my own :)

My name is Randy, I'm 29, just celebrated my 3rd wedding anniversary on Sept. 1st, and we are currently trying to start a family. I've been messing with computers for about 22 years, but a couple years ago I realized it wasn't what I wanted to do for a career and I immediately started off on a completely different path: Exotic Animal Training and Management! :) So, I just graduated with my general program associate's degree as well as secondary degrees in Animal Behavior Management and Wildlife Education. Basically I really wanted to work in a zoo, but now an opportunity has arisen to train Search & Rescue dogs for a non-profit organization and I really really want to do it. (I am actually typing this from a hotel room because I have a 2 day working interview tomorrow and Tuesday.) I figure I will just volunteer at the zoo in my free time to get my exotic fix :)

I also did a year of volunteer work at a marine mammal rescue center rehabilitating sea lions and seals, which is where I fell in love with the family atmosphere of non-profit organizations. Needless to say I have plenty of interesting stories to tell.

More recently, I've been afflicted with a t-shirt addiction that knows no cure. :) This has brought me to somewhereelse.com (thanks to a close friend who bought me a shirt as a gift) and then here to teefury, and it has reawakened my artistic side (which was seriously stifled as a child, but that's another story.)

So, if you have any animal questions, or any computer questions, I'm more than happy to help :)

and just for fun and an 'aww' moment, here's a picture of me training a 30 year old baboon named Rosie how to paint with a brush for the first time:

teacher_and_student_by_rtofirefly-d2yq11i.jpg
  • Load More Comments