Back to forum
rss 190 weeks ago
i don't know if this has been done, but...

i was on gonintendo.com, they posted a link to the real koopa troopa shirt back in february i think, and well the rest is history.

just write your little story.
73Comments
    190 weeks ago
    Honestly, I'm going to sound like a newb, but SlashFilm.com posted about one of the LOST shirts a while back, and I just had to have it.
    190 weeks ago
    I found out about it through a friend. A bunch of us went out for a mutual friends birthday and he was wearing "Epic Duel" (which is probably the best shirt I've ever seen) and I needed to have one. SO He tells me about teefury and by some stroke of luck (e.i- Act of God) I managd to get "Epic Duel" in a Grab bag! woot.
    190 weeks ago
    Miss Monster - I watch her on Deviantart

I'm always looking for good online shirtstores with prints from my favourite artists.
    190 weeks ago
    I just found out today, I belong to an action figure forum, and someone posted today's "plastic heroes" shirt. Looking at the ones from before I wish I would have been able to get em.
    190 weeks ago
    Someone commented on my deviantart and told me I should submit a design here! I never submitted the design, but I've been addicted to Teefury ever since! Almost my entire wardrobe consists of Teefury shirts now! (...and I admit I still have hopes of getting a printed here one day!)
    190 weeks ago
    I remember hearing some pre-launch buzz about TeeFury when I was reading a post on Emptees :)
    190 weeks ago
    I saw a guy wearing a shirt at a con. Asked him where he got it.
    190 weeks ago
    I think I stumbled here one day and I've been addicted ever since
    190 weeks ago
    One of my friends was proudly touting one in a cafe one day!
    190 weeks ago
    Google I guess - I was looking for artist T-shirt places and found an outdated article that had links to various places including Teefury
    190 weeks ago
    DBH showed me the way 8D
    190 weeks ago
    I was in a Lost chat and some one posted a link to teefury with the WWJLD shirt. I loved that shirt, and have bought many others since :)
    190 weeks ago
    Zombies and Toys on Facebook(they also have a cool store and a fun blog) posted about Propaganda by Conker because of the zombies and I had to get it with under an hour to spare. Then I kinda forgot to check on the site everyday for a few weeks and then have been here everyday after Jellyfish came out.
    190 weeks ago
    slizedew, I'm glad you started this thread; it's fun to hear people's stories.
    jdaniels said: I just found out today, I belong to an action figure forum, and someone posted today's "plastic heroes" shirt. Looking at the ones from before I wish I would have been able to get em.
    Neat!

I've often tried to figure out the answer to this question myself, but I just can't remember how TeeFury and I met! I may have just stumbled across the site one day, and it's been romance ever since :).
    190 weeks ago
    GAHHitsJON said: I think I stumbled here one day and I've been addicted ever since
    Huh, despite that I read your comment and everyones first I din't meant to copy - haha! Great minds think alike?
    190 weeks ago
    Being a big Star Trek fan, I was lurking on the ONTD_startrek community on Livejournal. Someone had posted something about a "Spock Paper Scissor" shirt on Teefury. To steal from slizedew: the rest is history.
    190 weeks ago
    I came for the grab bags and stayed for the collaborations! Here is my history with this awesome site.

So I remember stumbling onto to the site in early late 2008, early 2009, I got 3 shirts, including 2 Dead Birds, from the first or second grab bag. I was hooked and tuned in most days, commented some, I became a facebook fan and added the rss feed to My Yahoo page. Another grab bag came around and I got another 3, Tombstone and Hydro 74 Bear this time (which I gave to my brother), and I'd given the third shirt of both grab bags I'd gotten to my girlfriend, who in turn bought me Sporck Long and Prosper. I was so awestruck to be in the Furyous Omnibus IV and bought two of them! My girlfiend bought me El Vendedor Meurto, in the June 2009 Grab bag. I got Out of Date from the Cyber Monday Grab Bag.

My girlfriend, who really fed my love of the shirts, passed away in May. I bought Constant on May 18th 2010 in her honor and it became my first non Grab Bag or Omnibus purchase. On July 21st my second submission makes it to on the 2010 Collab Two, I've gotten rave reviews from it and even had it's teefuriousness spotted at Kaleid Gallery here in San Jose. Friday the 13th of August, I snagged the Eleventh Doctor, and I'm wearing him now! So I think by my account here I only have 10 Teefury shirts, and of all the shirts I've ever owned, they've gotten remarked upon the most.

I love the site and the people here, and I'll keep coming back, even though it'll probably be just for the grab bags ;)
    190 weeks ago
    I was just googling stuff and found a link to teefury. No idea how.
    189 weeks ago
    noiselessness said: Someone commented on my deviantart and told me I should submit a design here! I never submitted the design, but I've been addicted to Teefury ever since! Almost my entire wardrobe consists of Teefury shirts now! (...and I admit I still have hopes of getting a printed here one day!)

Please keep submitting. Your artwork is fantastic!
    189 weeks ago
    FuzzyLogic said:
    noiselessness said: Someone commented on my deviantart and told me I should submit a design here! I never submitted the design, but I've been addicted to Teefury ever since! Almost my entire wardrobe consists of Teefury shirts now! (...and I admit I still have hopes of getting a printed here one day!)

Please keep submitting. Your artwork is fantastic!

Aww, thank you so much, Fuzzy!! :D
    I will definitely keep trying forever and always!
    189 weeks ago
    an email from design by humans a few years ago
    189 weeks ago
    ahh, teefury. hands down my favorite site to hit up, and the only one i go on every day.
    nearly two years ago my best friend and huuuuge radiohead fan came over and was wearing the thom yorke teefury shirt, and showed me this site. my first shirt was "i can has humans?" and since then have bought nearly two dozen in grab bags, gifts, and plain old happiness. when i look back on old shirts, i don't understand why i didnt buy more, because i love so many of them! but i think it shows me that we change, our tastes, our everything, and it just makes me happy :] as an artist, i respect so many people on this site, and teefury for letting everyone join in on the collab shirts, and i aspire to eventually submit my designs.
    189 weeks ago
    I stumbled on here!

stumbleupon
    189 weeks ago
    great thread! i found out on emptees when layne hunter posted a thread asking artists to contribute art for the site. that was over two years ago.

http://emptees.com/posts/5320-artists-sign-up-at-artteefurycom-tee-fury-launching-at-midnight-est

http://emptees.com/posts/4481-teefurycom-call-for-artists
    189 weeks ago
    I found out about TeeFury from Pop Candy. She said they did a lot of LOST shirts here. :-)
  • Load More Comments