Back to forum
rss 203 weeks ago
This is a design I came up with referencing Chief Iron Eyes from the old 70's PSA trying to prevent people from littering. I'm calling it Talkin' Trash but am open to other suggestions. It may be a little obscure but growing up it's one of those things that really stuck with me. Anyway I'm trying to see if you guys think it would be a good fit foe the fury and if not what alternative sites might be good?

thx oh and wacky fun fact it turns out the actor was not a Native American but Italian. go figure.
Iron Eyes

talkin' trash shirt mockup
11Comments
    203 weeks ago
    I like the execution, looks neat. I'm not sure I relate to this cuz it's not my context and I would've never guessed what the shirt was about if I didn't read the descrption. But hey, that's just me! I'm Bolivian, I live in the heart of South America and most of he things I know from North Amercian culture is from TV (loves me cable!) and internet 8)
    So I'm giving you a thumbs up for the art. YOu should try and submit it here, if they like it, they'll print it, if they don't, well you can always try Red Bubble.
    203 weeks ago
    D4N13L said: I like the execution, looks neat. I'm not sure I relate to this cuz it's not my context and I would've never guessed what the shirt was about if I didn't read the descrption. But hey, that's just me! I'm Bolivian, I live in the heart of South America and most of he things I know from North Amercian culture is from TV (loves me cable!) and internet 8)

So I'm giving you a thumbs up for the art. YOu should try and submit it here, if they like it, they'll print it, if they don't, well you can always try Red Bubble.

Hi D4N13L,
    Thx for the advice. I think it's so cool that the TF community is global I'm assuming you are still in Bolivia? I really dig your cloned to kill design btw.
    203 weeks ago
    Does anyone know does TF always responds to submission?
    Or if you don't hear from them assume your design is rejected?
    203 weeks ago
    Filthyrich said: Does anyone know does TF always responds to submission?
    Or if you don't hear from them assume your design is rejected?

From what I understand is that if you don't hear from them in a couple of weeks, you're to assume that your submission has not been chosen.
    203 weeks ago
    Great style. That PSA is burned in my head, too. Good luck!
    203 weeks ago
    Filthyrich said:
    D4N13L said: I like the execution, looks neat. I'm not sure I relate to this cuz it's not my context and I would've never guessed what the shirt was about if I didn't read the descrption. But hey, that's just me! I'm Bolivian, I live in the heart of South America and most of he things I know from North Amercian culture is from TV (loves me cable!) and internet 8)

Hi D4N13L,

Thx for the advice. I think it's so cool that the TF community is global I'm assuming you are still in Bolivia? I really dig your cloned to kill design btw.

Yup, I'm still here and will be for year to come, not planning to move no time soon so, I'll be here 8)
    I'm glad you like it! more news on that, next! hehe
    203 weeks ago
    I like the design, but I don't know anything about what it's referencing either.
    203 weeks ago
    Captain_RibMan said: Great style. That PSA is burned in my head, too. Good luck!

thx Captain
    203 weeks ago
    melx said: I like the design, but I don't know anything about what it's referencing either.

here's a link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R-FZsysQNw
    203 weeks ago
    just submitted with this quote from spike tv

"It is the quintessential classic public service announcement from the early '70s that brought widespread attention not only to eco-conservation, but to crying Indians as well."
    203 weeks ago
    I do remember the psa very well. I would say that the image is probably still under copyright and if it isn't, the actor has a right to control how his image is used. I, for one, would never buy it.