Back to forum
rss 306 weeks ago
I know these are a little overdone, but Annik and I were kicking around some political ideas for tees - but wonder if these are overplayed. Should we throw a few through the FURY? Political Tees cool or lame? Please discuss or perhaps share ideas of what you would like to see - or if we should leave the whole political thing alone.
40Comments
    306 weeks ago
    Oh.. please no..
    306 weeks ago
    I would prefer not. It's a niche that's been covered elsewhere.
    306 weeks ago
    Please no.
    306 weeks ago
    do not want
    306 weeks ago
    NO no and NO! Please No. 99 out of a hundred times, people who wear political tees are tools.
    306 weeks ago
    it's a no from me too
    306 weeks ago
    I'm afraid that I am with the majority here as well.
    306 weeks ago
    Agreed with the above.
    306 weeks ago
    ^^
    306 weeks ago
    no
    306 weeks ago
    Though it was a nice surprise seeing the Obama shirt at DBH, cause I didn´t expect that to be printed, I think that only worked so well as an exception and as a surprise, other than that I agree to the comments above. But of course I can imagine themes like environment, war, whatever, if it´s well done, so do not avoid politics, maybe just avoid politicians...
    306 weeks ago
    ^ agreed
    306 weeks ago
    ABSOLUTELY NOOOOOOO X 100.

in my opinion, doing this would take away from the individualism and uniqueness of these great artists and would put a sour taste in my mouth. one that would take a lot more than listerine to get rid of.

306 weeks ago
    haha, well I'm gonna be the first to disagree here, I'm in favor of it. I think you can be political without being offensive, I've seen many tasteful political designs, and for myself I like doing political designs that have a message of peace, which I don't see as being offensive but some people do no matter what the design is saying.

So, in interest of diversity which the fury seems to be all about I say take a couple shots, if it looks like noone is buying then scratch it.
    306 weeks ago
    even without it being a matter of offensive to people or not...simply NO
    306 weeks ago
    I think social commentary on a political topic would be fine if printed very occasionally – not more the one or two a month if even that many. I think a shirt regarding a politician would be a no for me.

I would worry about it becoming an excuse for people to bash others or the artist because they don't agree. I realize people express opinions already but you add politics into that and everything seems to get more heated.
    306 weeks ago
    I have to go with the general consensus of "no."
    306 weeks ago
    No thanks.
    306 weeks ago
    Nooooooooo. Please.
    306 weeks ago
    I agree with the majority here and say no
    306 weeks ago
    I like the whole unique artistic value of teefury. Throwing political tees into the pond would just ruin it for me.
    306 weeks ago
    everyone seems so against it, it seems like it would be a great idea.

i bought an Obama shirt, and i dont follow the political news whatsoever, or have a strong opinion about it, or even get shirts much at all especially big print ones. young people are wrong... big prints arent cool, theyre gaudy.

i thought it would be a good buy as a 'back when in 2008' kinda shirt. kinda like my stick man pearl jam shirt. lot more worth if its connected to an year, than some cool design that doesnt date whatsoever.

but im crazy so...

yes.
    306 weeks ago
    hah, you are crazy jimiyo! I would have to say... I don't think so. People just get so hostile about political leanings and the like that it never seems like you can get an accurate balanced message out of a single shirt without people throwing a fit. Maybe if it's more than just an Obama shirt... or McCain shirt (is their such a thing??) then it could work but I have to agree with some other people that just the face/slogan tees have been done already. Although I do think kind of a cool idea might be a shirt that somehow gets the message across to vote on it... Something with a sweet design. Just my two cents.
    306 weeks ago
    shiiiiiiiiiiiii, i read something about how they choose shirts to be printed at anothersite... controversy, and the amount of hate and love. and its obvious you guys would HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE some political shirts. Its on everyones agenda. The media coverage wont stop until November...

how bout

mortal kombat style Mccain vs Obama posing with their fists up.
    i dont know what their special weapons would be.

if it was Street Fighter whatever, you could call on the VPees as special attacks.

Palin would attack with self righteous rhetoric of invincibility...

and

Biden would attack with... I dont know.. I know nothing of him. He seems to have stiff hair. He could attack you with a stiff hair hairbutt.

306 weeks ago
    nooooooooooooooo
  • Load More Comments