Back to forum
rss 191 weeks ago
I've been watching teefury for a few months now I have become very interested in graphic design. I'm even playing around with the idea of going to school for it. The thing is that I have pretty much no experience in it and I don't want to go to school for it if I won't enjoy it. So I was wondering if there are any suggestions about how to get into graphic design. Programs I can play with etc. Any feed back is much appreciated :D!
2Comments
    191 weeks ago
    Programs to look at: Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Both have 30 day free trials to play around with :) If you're in high school, see if there's a class or club or computer lab available to help you learn more (my high school had a graphic arts class).

Your local library might be a great source, too- see what their magazine selection is like. How, Communication Arts, and other publications in that genre will give you an idea of what kind of work is out there.

Best advice, though, is to experiment like crazy and be a sponge :)
    191 weeks ago
    Thanks for the advice :) actually I graduated last year and i've been clueless as to what to do and graphic design is the first thing that sounded appealing so far. I'll be sure to download those right now! Thanks again