Back to forum
rss 294 weeks ago
I posted this on another thread but its all the way at the bottom and I thought a lot of people might find this useful.

If your shirt gets shrunk in the wash (inevitable) INSTEAD of giving it to your younger brother... all you have to do is handwash it with normal hair conditioner and leave it out to dry. By the next morning its back to its normal size, if not a little bigger.

Try it out.
10Comments
    294 weeks ago
    ahh. Maybe I shouldn't have ordered a size up? :[?
    294 weeks ago
    How can a shirt get bigger than it's original size...?
    294 weeks ago
    thats what i was wondering too. when something shrinks, it retains the smaller size, thus making the smaller size its now normal size. i dont get how conditioner is going to make it back tooriginal size, or even bigger? im interested in reading how this reaction occurs very much pls thx.
    293 weeks ago
    Maybe ImagineD works for Pantene...
    293 weeks ago
    I accidentally shrunk two of my favorite shirts so I'll try this. Thanks for the tip!
    293 weeks ago
    Not sure, maybe if you get some volume conditioner it might work the same way with thread/fabric as it does with hair? ;>
    293 weeks ago
    hah rikki.

Not really sure how it works, just know it did when I tried it, all three times.

I think its because when a shirt shrinks its fibers get closer together, and the conditioner loosens them up again. Opi, tell me if it worked or not.
    293 weeks ago
    Or you can just use Cheer True Fit. It works kind of like a lubricant on your clothes and makes them their original fit.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2BoFv%2B63SL._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-2,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg
    293 weeks ago
    When you wash the tshirt then use heat, the fibers curl and shrink- like hair. Using conditioner smooths and stretches it all out! Make sure to use cold water too.
    262 weeks ago
    cool. does that work for all shirts?