Back to forum
rss 307 weeks ago

Since many of the shirt websites out there offer limited edition and random shirts, I was inspired to create a website specifically tailored for t-shirt trading. I hoped to provide a user-friendly website that would make t-shirt trading from all shirt websites a hassle-free procedure.

teetrade.org was born out of that idea, and I believe it has come along quite well so far. It is a fully searchable t-shirt database of all of the shirts that our users have specified that they have available for trading, as well as the shirts they would like to acquire in trades. We have a user based rating system as well as trading comments to help assist users in being confident of the person they are trading with.

As with any community based website, it will only be as useful as the number of users willing to take the time to upload their shirts. Please visit the site and browse the shirts posted as available, and consider posting your own tshirts that you would like to trade.

Please contact me via the contact form on the site or by responding to this post if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, gripes, etc.

Thanks and happy trading.
42Comments
    307 weeks ago
    Wow, helluva good idea!
    307 weeks ago
    Great idea! Will definitely try to write you up at Shirts on Sale soon.
    307 weeks ago
    wow that's a fantastic idea!!! I already saw a couple I am interested in : )
    307 weeks ago
    Great idea Blu!
    307 weeks ago
    Awesome, I'm using it already :)
    307 weeks ago
    yay must put some of my shirts
    307 weeks ago
    such a good idea . . . . ;)
    307 weeks ago
    Cool!

Just a suggestion, on the search instead of having all the sizes checked on by default maybe have them off instead? Having to uncheck every box to search my size is a hassle.
    307 weeks ago
    Awesome idea. You should post this over at Emptees.com (t-shirt community)
    307 weeks ago
    Did you post this over at woot, I didn't see it on the forum but I know that it would be a hit there also.
    305 weeks ago
    Hey I didn't see a spot for suggestions on the actual site so I thought I'd post this here, in messages could you make a Re: for replying to messages? It's annoying having to type in a new subject when you are replying to someone else's message.
    305 weeks ago
    OK, fixed.
    305 weeks ago
    thanks!
    305 weeks ago
    Awesome job Blu. You've outdone yourself and you're a joy to the community :D
    305 weeks ago
    Any chance of getting a little bird icon or teefury link somewhere on your site? perhaps a section on the site with links to the original tee companies?
    305 weeks ago
    There is a page, although buried, providing links to the original tee companies.

I did not want to presume that the original tee websites would want their links, logos, etc, displayed prominently, but I am certainly not opposed to making it a bit more obvious on the main page upon request, and/or including something like the site logos. Will you contact me behind the scenes in regard to your logo and what legal comment you would need me to add if my current disclaimer isn't adequate, etc. You can either use my Tee Fury contact info, the contact form on the teetrade, or email admin [at] teetrade.org.
    305 weeks ago
    I'm not sure if there is already an feature like this and I just don't see it...but it would be GREAT if there was a tee-notifier. Let me give you an example:

I want "say no to scurvy" in a mens small...I put up a post about it. Someone else has it available but sifting through thousands of shirts isn't fun, or they miss my own post about it. I saw plenty of posts today with a situation of someone wanting a shirt, and someone else having it available. But they just haven't crossed paths.

So if there was some kind of automatic notifier if the same shirt was available or wanted. That'd be good :)

Make sense?
    304 weeks ago
    I think something like that is a great idea, SilkyGardens. Almost like a dating match-up function for t-shirts :) "Someone matching your qualifications has registered!"... but for t-shirts :)

I love teetrade, btw, bluchez. Already sent two shirts to good homes :)
    304 weeks ago
    Haha. Yeah, that's a perfect comparison :P
    283 weeks ago
    grab bag anyone?
    283 weeks ago
    LOL@ having to bump this, i forgot it was here.
    283 weeks ago
    That took way longer to find then I should have spent.
    283 weeks ago
    I've got some good shirts up for trade or sell.

http://www.teetrade.org/browse.php?search_user=merovingian
    283 weeks ago
    we are gonaa have to bump this a couple weeks till people start getting their shirts, cause 98% of them will come into this forum and want to start a new thread to trade one damn shirt.
    283 weeks ago
    I am still a bit wary of using teetrade.
    I had my small Pseudo's Daughter listed there as up for trade for a mens medium.

Someone asked me to trade for a "Mr M".
    I assumed this was just an abbreviation for mens medium.
    Turns out that he was referring to a Woot shirt I never saw before called "Mr. M-".
    I didn't find this out until I received the shirt.
    Woot mediums don't even fit me either.

Long story short, I was duped into trading away one of my favorite Teefury shirts thinking I was getting something else.
  • Load More Comments