Back to forum
image
rss 196 weeks ago
Hey, as most of you guys know, I'm a fairly regular poster over here on the teefury forums. The reason I'm posting this particular post is becaus eI just got a job writing for examiner.com as their official comic book examiner! What this essentially means, is that its my new job to read a ton of comics and write reviews, articles, and character spotlights! If you've got a chance check it out! As a new writer I could really use the support! I'm also open to any suggestions for articles if anyone's got anything they'd like to see!

http://www.examiner.com/x-57668-Philadelphia-Comic-Books-Examiner

Thanks again guys!
72Comments
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    do spiderman
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    What a cool gig! Getting paid to read comics. Wow. I'll remember to read your articles regularly! And even post a comment on them if I can think of one. I read your review on Batman Beyond #1 and enjoyed doing so.
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    I don't know if you're into Batman or not, but HUSH is a great read :)
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    Congrats on the job, what a cool opportunity!
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    Thanks for all the kind words everybody! I'm relaly excited for this new job and I'm hoping I keep at it for a while. I'm only 22 and its a great way to get my foot into the door of Journalism.

    @Slizedew that's kind of a vague response, I'm totally going to be doing some spider-man reviews but its kind of hard to just "do spiderman". Sorry?

    @the aguilar Yeah it's pretty awesome. I've been reading comics forever so its nice to actually be getting PAID to read them. On top of that, I'm getting free books in the mail every week from DC comics for review purposes now! I haven't heard anything back from Marvel yet but hopefully they decide to do the same I'd hate to seem biased to one over the other.

    @Nerdbaitplus3- Oh man I LOVED Hush. it was really good and I love what they've done with the character since. I hate to sound Biased, but I love pretty much anything to do with Batman (Tim Drake is my favorite character in comics).

  • image
    196 weeks ago
    seceret six is the best DC book on market. also the regular deadpool book is awesome but not all the other dead pool stuff... i talk about about this more but im drunk
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    biotwist said: seceret six is the best DC book on market. also the regular deadpool book is awesome but not all the other dead pool stuff... i talk about about this more but im drunk


    I've enjoyed the Merc With a Mouth serious....its been fun, good writing and you can't go wrong using the Zombie dimension.

    The Deadpool Corps and the Team-Up I can see going nowhere, I never thought I'd say it, but there is just too much Deadpool.

    I'm been enjoying Joe the Barbarian, cool story and great art.

    And the re-boot of all the Avenger titles is looking really fun, I for one would like Marvel to run for awhile with no cross-over events. I know its a tough ask for them, but I'd really like to see each title develop on its own.
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    Y: The Last Man is an awesome graphic novel. I would love to read your article on that!
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    hruna said: Y: The Last Man is an awesome graphic novel. I would love to read your article on that!


    Y the last man is AMAZING, I own the entire series haha. It's a little dated already though so I'm not sure if I'll be covering it. I think they want me to mostly be covering newer books as they release.
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    Batman The Long Halloween anyone?
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    You could always do a review on the final Scott Pilgrim book that is released in 9 days! (figures I'd recommend this, what with my avatar)
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    and this is pretty cool. I'm always trying to find out more about new comics coming out. Hate wasting money comics that are no good. So many variations of so many characters
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    Shmarrr said: Batman The Long Halloween anyone?


    Yes! The Long Halloween is my favorite Batman story of all-time. Such a great comic. I own the Absolute edition. So worth the money. Harvey "Two-Face" Dent is my favorite Batman character.
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    there is also Wade wilsons war. also the new avengers book is so pointless. every single person in that book is is on another teem with thing-fantastic 4, luke cage-thunderbolts, spider- the other avengers, wolverine- the other avengers, every x men book and all 3 of his ongoing books ect
    codenamerocky said:
    biotwist said: seceret six is the best DC book on market. also the regular deadpool book is awesome but not all the other dead pool stuff... i talk about about this more but im drunk



    I've enjoyed the Merc With a Mouth serious....its been fun, good writing and you can't go wrong using the Zombie dimension.


    The Deadpool Corps and the Team-Up I can see going nowhere, I never thought I'd say it, but there is just too much Deadpool.


    I'm been enjoying Joe the Barbarian, cool story and great art.


    And the re-boot of all the Avenger titles is looking really fun, I for one would like Marvel to run for awhile with no cross-over events. I know its a tough ask for them, but I'd really like to see each title develop on its own.
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    Shmarrr said: and this is pretty cool. I'm always trying to find out more about new comics coming out. Hate wasting money comics that are no good. So many variations of so many characters


    Just an suggestion, if you don't want to waste money on comics you're uncertain of, you could always download them using pretty much any torrent site available (Demonoid, Pirate bay, ect). I downloaded alot of older storylines that I couldnt find all the single issues of anymore so I could read them. Its pretty great, but it'll also help if you're uncertain about a new series. Just download it to check it out, then buy the issue later if you like it!
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    Hey guys just letting you know I posted a new article! I reviewed this new graphic novel that DC just released form their Wildstorm division called "A God Somewhere" that they were gracious enough to mail me a review copy of! Go check it out!

    http://www.examiner.com/x-57668-Philadelphia-Comic-Books-Examiner~y2010m7d12-Review-A-God-Somewhere-Graphic-Novel
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    Great article! I think I'm going to have to read A God Somewhere now. That premise seems extremely interesting, and with the right execution, it could be an incredible read.
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    Write a review of I Kill Giants. It's is one of the best things ever written.
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    theAguilar said: Great article! I think I'm going to have to read A God Somewhere now. That premise seems extremely interesting, and with the right execution, it could be an incredible read.


    I'll look into that! thanks for the suggestion!
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    Jordamus_prime said: Hey guys just letting you know I posted a new article! I reviewed this new graphic novel that DC just released form their Wildstorm division called "A God Somewhere" that they were gracious enough to mail me a review copy of! Go check it out!

    http://www.examiner.com/x-57668-Philadelphia-Comic-Books-Examiner~y2010m7d12-Review-A-God-Somewhere-Graphic-Novel


    It really was an incredible read! I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it to be honest. I expected mediocrity from it but I think it'll be amongst the ranks of the great ones (Watchmen, V for vendetta, 300) soon enough.
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    Congrats your reviews are easy reading without loosing content :)

    As for other comics;
    See if you can slip some Manga in there, like Full Metal Alchemist

    If that includes online comics that are going to print:

    Dreamless: http://dreamless.keenspot.com/ (Finished but not all online yet, pre-order open)

    Remind http://www.remindblog.com/ (Unfinished but printing financed)

    Phoenix Requiem http://requiem.seraph-inn.com/ (Ok no news of printing soon and not quite finished but worth keeping an eye on)
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    Jordamus_prime said: Hey guys just letting you know I posted a new article! I reviewed this new graphic novel that DC just released form their Wildstorm division called "A God Somewhere" that they were gracious enough to mail me a review copy of! Go check it out!

    http://www.examiner.com/x-57668-Philadelphia-Comic-Books-Examiner~y2010m7d12-Review-A-God-Somewhere-Graphic-Novel


    Apparently the Author of the book I just reviewed (John Arcudi, "A God Somewhere" saw my review! He liked it so much he wrote me a thank you letter! hahaha this new job is awesome!
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    what about webcomics? are you able to do those? i know a couple god ones...
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    hruna said: what about webcomics? are you able to do those? i know a couple god ones...


    I don't know if I can cover those or not. I read quite a few of them myself already though haha. My personal favorites are "Shortpacked!", "Joyce and Walky!", "Its Walky!", Questionable Content", "Ctrl-Alt-Del", "The least I could Do" and "Gutters"
  • image
    196 weeks ago
    Dang, I wish I had that job.
  • Load More Comments


Back to Top