Back to forum
rss 197 weeks ago
I've been noticing a trend with some of the commentary of late, and because I'm a nosy Clavin and all that, I was compelled to throw in my two cents, like a ninja, or a pig, in a cage, on antibiotics.

First, the Star Wars shirts. Yes, there may be a lot of them at different intervals. There's good reason for that, and that is because official Star Wars shirts are often incredibly boring. Yay, Anakin again, the one we don't like much. My first purchase from Tee Fury was "My Son", which is an incredibly clever design. I've shown that shirt to non-geek family members and they, too, have bust a gut. Funny at first but abdominal aneurysm is no laughing matter, really. I digress.

The point is that these shirts are popular, they get attention, the design gets circulated through the blogosphere and that means more customers for the site. That means the site continues on, which in this crappy economy is no small feat.

Second, the animal shirts. See point one and understand that the only thing more rabid and voracious than a Star Wars fan is an animal fan. PETA wanted to shut down 4th Of July fireworks this year because they frighten animals, and that's no joke. Respect the ferret fans for they have... the... POWER!

Third, when one cannot buy a shirt every day. Well, that saves you money, right? Even at $9 plus P&H, you don't have to buy a shirt every day. My last purchase was the '80s Toys Robot design from a few weeks ago. The shirts that have come by since just didn't do it for me, but that's for me. I'm sure they were just what others were looking for, and again, that's what keeps this enterprise afloat. I'm sure that a design that I love will be right around the corner and, fortunately, I'll have the money for it too. It takes diff'rent strokes to move the world and rest in peace, Gary.

Fourth, who owns this thing? Tee Fury prints the run of a shirt but, ultimately, that design is owned by the artist that designed it and that's a great thing. It fosters a positive creative atmosphere, and if that designer chooses to sell that design somewhere else, that's their choice. You do not want designers locked into binding ownership contracts with any one site because that's what killed the music industry. Artists sold millions of records but, when it was time to walk, the label kept the tracks and continues to make cash off them on iTunes. Meanwhile, the writers and artists are getting a fraction of the money they probably deserves... Except Bieber. He deserves an atomic wedgie.

My point is that when you're good to the artists, they're good to you and they give up the good stuff in return. When you start dictating terms or, worse, tell them you own their design now, they start turning in variation after variation of "I'm With Stupid." You think you dislike all the Star Wars and pet shirts? Whooo, Nelly!

Enjoy this Tee Fury thing folks. It's a unique entity. Like I said before, with Greece going under financially and the Gulf Coast slipping under the oily muck, a small venture like this needs your support, and when things aren't exactly like you'd like them to be, just wait a few days, because you never know what's coming around the bend.

And now, let's all join hands and start a rousing rendition of "Kum Bah Yah" (Or "Run To The Hills"... Whatever floats your boat...)

21Comments
    197 weeks ago
    Rock.
    Great points.
    Iron Maiden!
    197 weeks ago
    Nice post, but don't hate on Bieber.
    197 weeks ago
    RUN FOOOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIIIVES
    197 weeks ago
    i totally agree,thanks for taking the time to write your post ,respect the fury and enjoy dont put down there is always something out there for you but not necessarily at the same time if you dont like it today then the chances are you will tomorrow so just call it a break a chance to save a few quid,and remember what your old mum used to say "if you havent got anything nice to say ,dont say anything at all" well thats what my mum used to say.
    197 weeks ago
    when everyone is singing "Kum Bah Yah" just know that i will probably have "5 seconds alone" stuck in my head.

Wonderfully written and agreed on all points (especially Bieber!)
    197 weeks ago
    I agree 100% with pretty much everything you said. Tee fury is an amazing site and I'm SO glad it exists! Even if I don't buy the shrit every single day, there will be other days to buy shirts!
    197 weeks ago
    Thank you for your insightful post. I totally agree. :o)
    197 weeks ago
    FuzzyLogic said: Rock.

Great points.

Iron Maiden!

Iron Maiden ftw!

I love Dancin Stars, animals, am an artist, and I love and nerdy things in general... Honestly, I don't know how I lived before Teefury.
    197 weeks ago
    Totally disagree. I want every shirt to be a SW/animal shirt. Chewbaccat. My Little C3POny. R2Donkey2. Darth Manatee.
    197 weeks ago
    Thanks for this...I get sick of telling people to show a little respect! I was always taught that if you don't have something nice to say...then you shouldn't touch a pony there.

"Ruuuun toooooo theeeee Hiiiiiiiillllls....Ruuun forrrr your liiiieeeeeiiiife"
    197 weeks ago
    comic_junkie said:

Honestly, I don't know how I lived before Teefury.

I second that. I visit this site every day now that I've discovered it. I never want to go back to my pre-teefury life.
    197 weeks ago
    Mrichhh said:
    comic_junkie said:

Honestly, I don't know how I lived before Teefury.

I second that. I visit this site every day now that I've discovered it. I never want to go back to my pre-teefury life.

Me either! pre-teefury life = boring
    197 weeks ago
    Captain_RibMan said: Totally disagree. I want every shirt to be a SW/animal shirt. Chewbaccat. My Little C3POny. R2Donkey2. Darth Manatee.

I have to tell you. I'm incredibly tempted to draw all those examples. ESPECIALLY the Darth Manatee one o_o

AND! Wow, I totally agree with everything said up there. Bravo. I'm still newer to teefury.. but I don't know how I did tshirt shopping before I found it! It's fun and exciting and I love waiting for new designs. Hooray, Teefury!
    197 weeks ago
    Nice post...I am usually good for 1-2 shirts a week and am actually glad when something doesn't catch my fancy as my collection is starting to get out of hand. : ) I am also very happy when a design comes up that is a big seller even though some people whine about the theme of it (The Constant tee comes to mind).....I just say to myself "there's a happy artist out there tonight" and in this economy, that's a good thing, a very good thing.
    197 weeks ago
    I mostly agree, I think that its good to have a break but if TeeFury decides that its going to for sure do a certain themed shirt on this day of every week then thats kinda not cool. Then its just like an add for that thing. The gods of TeeFury should try to do something original every day and sure, do things that relate to us and to current affairs but don't tie TeeFury down and make it a tradition to have a theme/shirt repeated endlessly.

But really, what more is there than S.t.a.r W.a.r.s and Animals?
    197 weeks ago
    Yep, agreed on all. Haters gonna hate though.
    197 weeks ago
    jacckskellington said:
    Captain_RibMan said: Totally disagree. I want every shirt to be a SW/animal shirt. Chewbaccat. My Little C3POny. R2Donkey2. Darth Manatee.

I have to tell you. I'm incredibly tempted to draw all those examples. ESPECIALLY the Darth Manatee one o_o

AND! Wow, I totally agree with everything said up there. Bravo. I'm still newer to teefury.. but I don't know how I did tshirt shopping before I found it! It's fun and exciting and I love waiting for new designs. Hooray, Teefury!

Tell you what, you can have Darth Manatee as long as you PROMISE to buy next Wednesday's shirt. ;-)
    197 weeks ago
    I'm only here for the hippo shirts. You don't see me whining every day there isn't a hippo. Because the world doesn't revolve around me.

Thanks squarerootofpi for hooking me up with the latest hippo shirt.

Thanks DW for the awesome post.

Thanks teefury for catering to a variety of preferences.

And thanks for the visual of My Little C3POny. I appreciate that, even if I only like hippos.
    197 weeks ago
    Captain_RibMan said:
    jacckskellington said:

Tell you what, you can have Darth Manatee as long as you PROMISE to buy next Wednesday's shirt. ;-)

Lol. I love that deal. But I'd never be able to do Darth Manatee justice... I will still make the promise for next wednesdays shirt, though. =D
    197 weeks ago
    Okay, I have to create a "My Little C3POny" shirt! :-)

And keep your eye out for Grand Moff Hippopotarkin.
    197 weeks ago
    I'D SO BUY THAT. Do it, and I'll love you forever!