Back to forum
rss 308 weeks ago
Okay - so I just purchased a moleskine to help me jot down ideas and finish that pesky childrens book I have been working on and just got my digital moleskine going at laynehunter.tumblr.com

If you are on tumblr then let me know, would love to "follow" you.

I have been very impressed with Tumblr so far, and with an iphone tumblr app and a firefox extension making content updates is super quick and easy leaving me no excuse to be lazy.

19Comments
    308 weeks ago
    i do! i just started at least...

http://realreason.tumblr.com/
    308 weeks ago
    I'm finishing up a children's book myself, can I see any samples you got?
    308 weeks ago
    you want to follow us? creeeepy! haha
    308 weeks ago
    in the dark alleys.

As far as the kids book developing I just have lots of sketches, about 5 versions of the same story, a few full color colored pencil drawings and a whole lot of confusion on where to go next . . . maybe I should start a site that has everyone contribute to the story and we all publish the book together . . .I may post some images, but really, i would feel very exposed. I have to think on this a bit.
    308 weeks ago
    watch it now. some people like creepy men following them.

i'm confused. you'd trust people to collectively publish a book yet you'd post panels and feel too exposed? yeah, i'm confused on that one.

on the same kinda topic, my friends and i are going to do the comic book thing. it's probably more for us and our friends but i think it will be pretty boss. alas, i am artistically challenged as far as drawing and such goes, so i'm stuck being an idea machine/editor. *sigh*
    308 weeks ago
    I know how that goes layne, I have only put up one sample page from my book on my site, not ready to show much else till I finish up the type and bakcover.

bleou- took me 6 years working with a writer feeding my pieces of a scteefurycopy to get a volume one done of 20 pages, it's hard work, comic cons are a great place to take it when you got something though along with lulu.com which is cheap self publishing, if not image, dc or dark horse works if you want more exposure minus more money. But who does comics for the money right?
    308 weeks ago
    The story is contrasts being selfless and selfish, giving and greedy, love and hate - stuff like that - from what I have read on some children's publishers they are looking for series based books where your treatment can turn into a 10 volume set (think bernstein bears, or Dr. Seuss) - so having a stand alone story is already one strike against me, strike number two is I have written and illustrated the story and from what I understand typically the publisher likes to match up an illustrator to the story. I have made this story a priority and will post bits and pieces as it continues to come together.
    308 weeks ago
    That sounds cool, no harm in searching self publishing options. My writer researched that same thing about multi-volumes, which is the way we could take it all depending on the feedback from this first one.

Looking forward to some samples.
    308 weeks ago
    so arrow - have you published quite a bit? anything of yours I can purchase? would love to get some more advice. . .
    308 weeks ago
    I'm on there, and very impressed with it so far!

http://olechka.tumblr.com/
    308 weeks ago
    Beautiful sketches Olcheka. Kudos!
    308 weeks ago
    layne- HA! I wish, I have only printed my own work and sold a couple on hand, I have given away more copies then anything. But my writer for Blackout is searching now, I'm hopeful.

Olechka- Really great sketchs!
    308 weeks ago
    308 weeks ago
    soon.....
    308 weeks ago
    I 'followed' you :) Goodness that does sound a little creepy. Anyway my tumblr is pretty much just for art links and journal entries, but anyone is welcome to read. I also love seeing other peoples' blogs so I'll be sure to check out the other tumblrs in this thread.

andoceans.tumblr.com
    308 weeks ago
    So many places to have accounts at and blahblahblah...

Can't seem to keep up with them all :( If it's not one thing it's another and they keep multiplying! *runs for the hills*
    264 weeks ago
    Follow me!

craigladines.tumblr.com
    264 weeks ago
    I can't say that I've ventured much into the publishing world except self publishing one on lulu that I'm really proud of from an amateur standpoint (it's called {un}comfortable and it's definitely not a children's book) so I'm not sure I'm totally qualified to dish out advice, but something stood out to me about your book, layne and I thought I'd throw it out there. When you were describing your book it sounded to me like those were the first three books in the series. You could just take each of those contrasts and expand on that. It sounds like that book you've compiled so far could act as a pitch for your whole series. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you hadn't thought of it already.
    259 weeks ago
    i got a tumblr!

Follow me!