Back to forum
rss 211 weeks ago

Hey guys!
So my friend gave me this.. ABSOLUTELY brilliantly giggleworthy idea (at least to me. I'm a loser. My giggles are not so giggleworthy to most other people. =p)

And I'd love some feedback on whether or not I should try and complete this and submit it. WOuld anyone want to see something like this on a t-shirt?

Suggestions would be absolutely AWESOME. I'd love ya'll forever.

27Comments
    211 weeks ago
    And somehose I messed up the little img thingie. So HERE'S THE LINK!

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/441/unicornasuarusrex.jpg
    211 weeks ago
    I love it, but I would leave out the unicorn and T rex in the beginning, and just have their lovechild on a shirt. Will he have a pink mane and tail? And a gold horn? These things are vitally important, ya'know.
    211 weeks ago
    Honestly, I haven't decided on colors yet. I literally just finished the sketch about 5, ten minutes ago.. and wasn'ts ure if I should carry it through all the way. The horn will definately be gold since that'd likely be more striking than silver, and I"m leaning towards purple or blue for the mane and tail, perhaps blue blending into purple towards the tips. The skin.. maaaybe will be a paaaaaale, pale green or blue. I'm hoping to avoid white, because I"m so TIRED of white unicorns.
    Maybe zebra stripes? white/green?

Too many colors bouncing in my skull!
    211 weeks ago
    The nerd in me is screaming that it should be Unicornosaurus Rex, not Unicornasaurus Rex. Other than that, I love it.
    211 weeks ago
    Ohfudge. You're right. It should be o rather than a. >_>;; My bad. But thanks! =D
    211 weeks ago
    I want one of these ow. Thanks for creating a brnad new mythical creature for me to wish was real.
    211 weeks ago
    Awesome. I leik unikornz and deinosaurz.
    211 weeks ago
    I want it to be more dinosaur than unicorn.
    It looks like a wonderful design/idea...But in this case, execution is EVERYTHING.

I don't think it looks right being so ... fluffy and friendly looking.
    211 weeks ago
    Thaaanks guys =D

@landfieldjc, I was actually thinking about that before I sketched it out.. having this big burly thing with teeth bared and all that. it was tough to decide which personality would be the more dominant.. and -everyone- sees cranky t-rexes. So the floofy creepy teddybeartrex was born.
    I am gonna go back and edit some things about him, though.. (like his muzzle, which bugs me to no end), so I'll totally look into making him look more like his daddy =P
    211 weeks ago
    Okeeday. Added some rough colors and did some editing. Not much, but a li'l bit.

Hows this? Any better? Got better ideas for colors?

And an even better question. Should I keep the equation, or should I just have the evil/sparkly spawn?

Thanks for looking!
    some_text
    211 weeks ago
    I LOVE IT! I like the equation. But I don't think the Unicorn is gawdy enough. It needs to be more bright and sparkly. I will buy one for sure.
    211 weeks ago
    "Unicornasaurus – Tee Fury’s Unicorn-Dinosaur MashedPotato
    by A BOY WITH NO LEGS on SEPTEMBER 12, 2009"

unicornasaurus.jpg
    211 weeks ago
    So maybe I'll keep the equation then. Hmhmhm. I like it too.. But I dunno if it'll be too much or too obvious. I'm super glad you like it though. =D

Meeeh.. it was already done? ;_;

So... should I not bother with this?
    211 weeks ago
    Yours is better, imo. If it doesn't make it on teefury, I'd like to know if it is picked up somewhere else, cuz I'd buy one. Still think the equation should be dropped.
    211 weeks ago
    Thanks, gaiaspriestess. I'm glad you think that. MAkes me smile. =D

Alright. I'm working on the final design right now. When I'm finished with it, I'll post a version with the equation and without, just so people can see it... aaand hopefully seeing 'em side by side will let me make a decision on which I should submit.

Or.. do you think I'd be able to submit both versions? First time submitting anything here, and I"m not entirely certain on the rules.. since there's nothing concerning that on the FAQ. Maybe let.. uh.. whoever picks the shirts decide which is better?
    211 weeks ago
    so much stuff has *already been done*

The fast that someone posts something that's already been done (like most everything in the world) doesn't mean you should not post it.

It's a different take and there's so many people in the world, we all get the same ideas whether we know it or not.

I've seen so many of my own ideas all over the internet. Just like other people. Won't stop me from creating. Ever.
    Inspiration. Amalgamation. Approximation. Abomination. Fuzzyjestion. Logicpastion. Evil Nation.

Just eat more paste!
    Your digital artwork kicks a55!!!!
    211 weeks ago
    I like the equation, and I think it makes it more unique. But I think that you should make the Unicornosaurus and the unicorn way more sparkly. Also, I think that if you made them have a rainbow colored tail/mane. Hopefully this helps/makes sense.
    211 weeks ago
    i can see a family tree kind of thing, not an equation.
    211 weeks ago
    Lol, thanks Fuzzy. Though I wasn't so much worried about finishing the idea as I was submitting it. Buut I'm gonna go ahead and do it anyway because.. turns out I like this design now more than I did when I started.

@hiphopanonymous, I did add sparklies to the mane and tail of both of 'em.. I didn't want to overdo it though, so I didn't really put 'em anywhere else. Figured I'd see where this goes first. And I was toying with the idea of rainbows or gradients, too.. but again, I was worried about overdoing it. Which in this case.. actually might not be a bad thing. Tomorrow I'll experiment with it.

As for the family tree thing, I may end up rearranging the equation to be more like that, with mum and da on top and the babeh on the bottom between them.

But for now! This is what I got so far!
    Equation version up top, and lonely, larger rex version just below it!

Hooray!

some_text

some_text
    211 weeks ago
    A rainbow would be a great idea for the art, but a bad idea for the purpose of making a TeeFury shirt. You are already at 5 colors, and the maximum amount that the TeeFury screens can handle is 6.
    Maybe some extra shading, or a shadow, but using that last color, or not... it's up to you, and it already looks amazing.

But aside from that it looks totally ready.

And submit them both, what's the worst that can happen; they print both of the shirts? heh

I would be forced to buy 2 of these, one for me and one for my girlfriend.

The TeeFury Submitting guidelines can be found here
    with furthing reading
    here

i've been having troubles with a hrefs tonight so,
    the first link: http://www.teefury.com/service.php#prod_8
    the second link: http://www.teefury.com/forum/1166/How_can_I_get_printed_on_TeeFury?
    211 weeks ago
    OH SWEET!
    they worked :)
    211 weeks ago
    One thing that is kinda bothering me from a genetic standpoint--patterns (stripes) are a separate gene from colors (green/white). So where is baby getting the stripes from?
    211 weeks ago
    gaiaspriestess said: One thing that is kinda bothering me from a genetic standpoint--patterns (stripes) are a separate gene from colors (green/white). So where is baby getting the stripes from?

The T-rex has stripes :)
    211 weeks ago
    I think it needs a little pink somewhere, or just lighter colors maybe. There is too much white on the babah.
    211 weeks ago
    I am attracted to contrasting colors and things that look mischivous. If I was a unirex I'd look all cute and sweet with an evil shineing big teeth grin or using a persons foot for a toothpic or there would be bones lying around my lair. Also what about a nightmare and trex breed? FLAMES

I think the white is suppose to be the color of the shirt I don't know what would look good with baby blue and army green..... teal, pink and purple.... green, yellow, and brown..... blue, black and grey.... are colors that attact me like a moth to flame. for color inspiration I look at clothes what ever is on the clearance rack is a no go.
  • Load More Comments