Back to forum
rss 198 weeks ago
I'm kind of on a Toy Story kick lately after seeing Toy Story 3.

If I had the time or ability, I'd try to put this together myself, but what about a shirt featuring Buzz and Woody in the real world instead of as toys?

I'm picturing Woody as a classic bad-ass cowboy, like a Clint Eastwood or John Wayne-type. And Buzz as a beefy action hero.

You could take elements of their costumes (purple hood, clear dome, green and white spacesuit for Buzz; cow print vest, yellow plaid shirt for Woody).

While I think it'd be a better design as the two main characters, it could also be done as a group design with more of the toys done as non-toy versions. A mean looking T-Rex, a fat pig, a cute cow girl, a potato, a dog, and a horse.

Looks like somebody has already taken a stab at a version of Buzz: http://loyalkng.com/2010/02/25/realistic-buzz-lightyear-by-raoni-nery-pixars-toy-story-character-comes-to-life/

14Comments
    198 weeks ago
    maybe i will finish this one day real story
    198 weeks ago
    I like it!

I was thinking more along the lines of a static stare-at-the-camera pose, but a action scene like your sketch could work too.
    198 weeks ago
    My favorite part is drawing mr potatohead as an actual potato... im going to need to put the pig in a think
    198 weeks ago
    I would definitely buy one! You could do one with just Buzz and Woody and one with the whole group...then I could have a sweet new wallpaper for my laptop!
    197 weeks ago
    I love the style of today's realistic Yogi Bear shirt. This is kind of what I'm looking for in a realistic Toy Story design.
    197 weeks ago
    herm...
    I like this idea.

I'm going to start on a background for it :)
    192 weeks ago
    landfieldjc said: herm...

I like this idea.

I'm going to start on a background for it :)

Anybody know what the status is
    191 weeks ago
    http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web04/2010/2/25/10/real-life-buzz-lightyear-6826-1267110221-13.jpg

191 weeks ago
    I think you'll love this one :

tumblr_l6v8s5wIJo1qcbo9lo1_500.jpg
    191 weeks ago
    yeah, these are pretty epic. I'd almost definitely buy a real-life Toy Story shirt. Even if it was just for a friend or something.
    191 weeks ago
    I really like it, it'd likely be an instant buy for me.
    190 weeks ago
    Very nice! Clever take on the three-eyed aliens.
    190 weeks ago
    I like the idea of woody riding rex, instead of buzz and woody fighting side by side have them fighting each other, maybe put Bo Peep in the back with a look of concern on her face. Give woody a nasty lookin 5 o'clock shadow and give buzz a manly butt chin, Urija Faberesque almost and keep him smirking. Maybe pencil in some of the green alien guys, army men or have a wanted poster of one eyed bart blowing in amongst all the chaos. Its still an awesome idea and a definite buy for me. I love the toy story movies
    189 weeks ago
    This is the best shirt ever. Give me, give me, give me.