Back to forum
rss 198 weeks ago
Hey Everyone, I just had my first sale here at Teefury.com. It was the Major League Zombie Tee and it was a big hit, thanks so much for all the comments and buys. The grand total went up to 1147 Shirts Sold. I also got a lot of buzz for my other Design "Mario M.D."

Photobucket

A lot of people were very excited about this design and wanted it to be up. But according to Jimmy Benedict who curates my designs, believe it is a good design but may not fall under the safe parody category. I just wang to see what all you Teefury users think if it is safe to print or what changes I could make to it. I was thinking I might just drop the text below but i want to see what you all think.
41Comments
    198 weeks ago
    Yes, please have this one up. I want to buy one for me and the boyfriend. Any changes is fine, I like the concept.
    198 weeks ago
    You think people will still get it or want it without the text?
    198 weeks ago
    Wow congrats on your first on the sales of Major League Zombie. The only thing I think you should change is put some red in there since it's Mario
    198 weeks ago
    I really love this design, and hope it gets printed... but I dont think people would get the reference w/o the text. I would think it is safe, considering "im not lupus" got printed, and that was based off an actual photograph of hugh laurie.
    198 weeks ago
    ... I didn't think about the fact that it says "Mario" though. That might be a copyright issue or something.
    198 weeks ago
    Any other text Ideas?
    198 weeks ago
    If you're after advise on what's safe to print the only advise that really matters is that of TeeFury / the curators. Ask them what they feel would be needed to make it safe to print, understanding the exact issue I would imagine would really help.

Also if you can get it up for sale I would definately see it being a major seller.
    198 weeks ago
    MikeK47 said: Wow congrats on your first on the sales of Major League Zombie. The only thing I think you should change is put some red in there since it's Mario
    It's doctor mario and he doesnt wear much red, and plus, House doesn't wear red. So, no, keep those colours.
    198 weeks ago
    Would it make much difference, copyright wise, if you tried combining Mario & House instead? Horio might still work for example.
    198 weeks ago
    What's wrong with the shirt? I don't see any "copyright issues". Although, it does really resemble the House thing.
    198 weeks ago
    I Believe its the fact it says Mario...
    198 weeks ago
    colincc1097 said:
    MikeK47 said: Wow congrats on your first on the sales of Major League Zombie. The only thing I think you should change is put some red in there since it's Mario
    It's doctor mario and he doesnt wear much red, and plus, House doesn't wear red. So, no, keep those colours.

Actually he wears a red tie. But ok. I was just saying red since that that is an identifying factor of Mario
    198 weeks ago
    you could change the words to something like "everybody dies" and then put like an extra life green mushroom by it or something...

Everybody-Lies-house-md-1395803-1600-1200.jpg
    198 weeks ago
    I like it alot, but I wonder if it would be better to make mario look more like Dr.Mario (in a white coat and trousers) than more like House? I'm not sure.... Maybe the logo underneath is enough of a House reference without actually trying to make Mario look like he's wearing House's clothes? Just thinking out loud maybe I'm missing the whole point..lol I like it either way, Mario shirts are always cool.
    198 weeks ago
    just a few things...

* too much space between the "M", "A" and "R" of Mario

* the line thickness is all over the place on the character
    198 weeks ago
    Well the text is gonna have to change
    198 weeks ago
    I had an idea. I'm not sure if you'll be able to do it and make it look good. But I thought what if you switched the cane for a pipe that was L shaped. Like a play off that he's also a plumber
    198 weeks ago
    Photobucket

Im thinking that it says Mario is bad
    198 weeks ago
    One thought... in the house series there are tons of references to similarities between House and Sherlock Holmes. Since "Holmes" is similar to "House" and also has the "what up Holmes" which could also be akin to "Brother" as in Super Mario Bro's, how about...

"Holmes M.D."

It would take a little thinking for some to make the connections but to those that know the series it would click.
    198 weeks ago
    yes that sounds good but i really want the shirt to be able to be recognized right away
    198 weeks ago
    I dunno guy, Nintendo already sort of made an official Doctor version of Mario. It's kind of confusing to see Doctor Mario in a different docter suit, and the fact that Doctor Mario already technically exists kinda ruins the joke.

It's got the cane and grey hair but other than that I don't really think it resembles House enough. Honestly speaking, if I saw some random person walking down the street or whatever wearing that, I would probably think "...Does that person know anything about Mario? A Docter/House spoof of Mario when Mario is already technically a docter? Why is Docter Mario another Docter all of a sudden? He's not even that indentifiable as House..."

Plus, it's pretty obviously blatantly Mario. I'm not even sure if it's legal to make munnies off a licensed character like that. Spoofs are one thing, but... it's Mario.

Just sayin'
    198 weeks ago
    its because theres a Dr. Mario that I made a House version of him
    198 weeks ago
    and its supposed to be obviously mario as well
    198 weeks ago
    i think its great spitfire! would definitely buy a finished (legal :P) version!
    198 weeks ago
    I think the text is perfectly fine, it could use a different color for some sprucing up, in my opinion.

Doesn't mario wear red though?
  • Load More Comments