Back to forum
rss 308 weeks ago
I look at the site everyday, i'd say about 75% of the time i see a shirt i'd buy, but i can't buy it because i live in the UK!

Damn you!
10Comments
    308 weeks ago
    I think TF should give you the option for international users to pay for your shirt, but not ship it. Then when you get 3-5 shirts paid for, you can pay to ship them at once which will only be 10-15$.

my $0.02 :)
    308 weeks ago
    Simplysped, I really think you have come up with something great here. I love the idea of being able to purchase but place a hold on the shipping until you're basket is large enough to ship a few out at once. It would give the customer complete control over shipping costs and I actually think that this is something that could be put into place.
    308 weeks ago
    Yeah but what if someone decides to not buy it? Or never pays?

That would mean some wasted teeshirts.

You'd have to put in a method of purchasing the teeshirts and then putting them in a basket to be shipped maybe at the end of every month or something. Or divide by countries on ship date. Such as UK th 2nd of every month, Canada the 10th, to dither it out a bit work-load wise.
    308 weeks ago
    ^ Whoops, misread the first bird of simplysped. =p

Pardon my early morning headache!
    308 weeks ago
    ^ Whoops, misread the first bird of simplysped. =p

Pardon my early morning headache!
    308 weeks ago
    you could try making a friend in the mean time who will order the shirt for you and then ship it to you. i'm not even going to bother working out the logistics for that one. lol
    308 weeks ago
    I feel the same way when look at LaFraise or any of the other European sites. I could buy from them but with the weak dollar and shipping it halfway across the world it just isn't worth it.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were a TeeFury equivalent in the UK? Since the rights to the designs revert back to the artist after one day there could be some sort of cultural exchange between the sites for shirts that sold especially well on one site or the other. We'd get the best of the UK shirts and you guys across the pond would get the best of the TF shirts, just a few days later.

It is expensive to ship a shirt from California to London but what does it cost to email a file from California to London? Nothing, basically. So why not send the designs instead of the shirts? The shirts would get printed locally and shipped locally, no crazy international shipping fees required and it wouldn't take weeks to get your shirt.

TeeFury may lose the international sales (which they aren't getting now anyway) but they'd gain a test bed for new shirts. If they were unsure about a design and saw that it sold poorly in the UK they could pass on it, or contact the artist of a shirt that sold really well on "the other TeeFury".

Any ambitious Brits out there looking to start an online shirt site?

P.S. noFunk, your avatar frightens me.
    308 weeks ago
    Sam, that's a lovely idea.

I would volenteer to help get it set up, but I don't really have the funds at the moment to really d much cept donate some time and resources :)

Oh well.. we can see where that goes...
    308 weeks ago
    If any of you international Tee Fury fans want to buy a shirt, I would be more than willing to buy and ship it to you if you give me the money up front. You could send me the funds through pay pal, and I would ship it out the day I get it.

According to USPS.com, first class shipping to the UK would be about $8-9.
    308 weeks ago
    I've said before that I really wouldn't mind paying a bit for international shipping- still works out far cheaper than any equivalent in Britain