Back to forum
rss 295 weeks ago
I would really like to see a 6/150 type thing, marking which number in the limited run you got. Most limited shirt companies print them like this. I wouldn't even mind if the price went up a 1$ or so for this.

It would be cool if you got 1/150 or 150/150 :P
9Comments
    295 weeks ago
    I wouldn't mind getting an AP!
    295 weeks ago
    cant you take solice in knowing that they are limited edition themselves, with out having to have the bragging rights of getting 1? its very trivial.
    295 weeks ago
    I second that Octo. I think the more trouble Tee Fury has to go through will just raise their overhead and possibly lower the quality of what we already seem to like about this site.
    295 weeks ago
    Numbering the shirts would add a little appeal I suppose but I can happily live without it. Endangered Wear numbers their shirts but I've never been compelled to buy anything from them even though I like a few, meanwhile I'm closing in on a dozen TeeFury shirts. The numbering didn't sway me in any way.

The problem is that there isn't an easy way to number the shirts that is also fair. You basically have two options:

1) You can number them based on the sequence they were ordered -- this is fair but it ain't easy. It adds a lot of work and that drives up the cost and slows down production, which slows down shipping, which slows down delivery...

2) You can pre-print and pre-number the shirts the way Endangered Wear does. This is much easier, you grab a stack of shirts, flip them over and print your x/150 (EW puts the number on the back, just below the neck). The problem with pre-numbering is that it isn't fair. If you buy a Men's L from Endangered Wear you are guaranteed to NOT get 1/150 because they number the XS first, then S, then M, etc. You can be the first buyer of a design but if you buy a Men's XXL you may get 141/150 because they only printed 10 at that size and they are numbers 141-150. If you care about the number then you're screwed unless you are the size of an Olympic gymnast, and if you don't care about the number then why bother printing it on the shirt? Since TF prints on demand this isn't a practical option so you're left with #1.

If you really want your shirt to say 1/150 just buy some ink from the craft store and a stencil, or a fabric pen.
    295 weeks ago
    We do everything via screen printing, so numbering the designs would be quite the challenge, and if we did do some type of numbering, we would have to number them based on the order they were purchased, again very difficult -

However one thing we might be able to is print this info on a card or something in the packaging - however I think everyone would feel better if this money was spent better with stickers, pencils, tatoos etc.
    295 weeks ago
    im with you layne i rather get a vinyl sticker or tattoo or some free little gift
    295 weeks ago
    totally down with the sticker idea. would be sweet.
    295 weeks ago
    while i'm absolutely LOVING the sticker idea, a magnet would be so boss. i'm probably the only nerd here that collects magnets tho...
    295 weeks ago
    Yeah, what if you had like, an optional mystery gift for $1 or $2, and then whatever you guys could come up with, be it stickers, buttons, pins, tattoos, etc..., you would ship that item. That would be awesome. I have a perfect place on the back of my car for the TeeFury bird!