Back to forum
rss 214 weeks ago
so i was working tonight, deliverin some deliciousness when all of the sudden BAM, accident. The front of my car is smashed up and the cops have given me a citation claiming it to be my fault. To make matters worse, it was my girlfriends mom's car and apparently, my auto insurance that my folks pay for, hasn't been legit for about 2 years. HOOOOOOOOOORAY terrible life to come. At the very best, i lose my license, pay the ticket and the money for the damages out of pocket, and wind up homeless.

I know none of this effects you guys, i just had to rant.

Thanks for reading :)
11Comments
    214 weeks ago
    Man, that socks. Hope you can get it sorted.
    214 weeks ago

dude that socks.

Here's hoping you find a winning lottery ticket...
    214 weeks ago
    That's too bad, I hope things get better. My life is always F**KED, so welcome to the fold bro, hopefully our lives will go back to being meow one day again. Hopefully.
    214 weeks ago
    i know the feeling brother, i hope some goodluck rolls your way soon
    214 weeks ago
    wait! Your parents have been paying for insurance that isn't legit? How can that be? That socks big time. Sorry to hear dude. Welcome to the life socks big time club. Hope you get out of it soon and you don't become homeless. Nobody deserves that over a car accident.

214 weeks ago
    maybe i'll just hop into the game of tee design to help make all the financial trouble to come go away. Anyone know where i can buy some talent?
    214 weeks ago
    ohai.jpg

Stop trolling. Your next disrespectful post will lead to a permanent ban.

If you have questions about what constitutes respectful posting, take it to the Posting Guidelines and ask there.
    214 weeks ago
    I've been in a few fender benders myself--you shouldn't have to worry. Although I don't know what state you live in and perhaps that stuff varies. But at least here in Mass the owner's insurance(the mom) cover's non-related drivers. By related I mean if it were your girlfriend who was driving, and she was still living with her parents she'd have to be on the policy. But if she lived on her own and just wanted to borrow her mom's car she could do that without a hitch.

A few month's ago I banged an illegal U on a major route and collided with someone while driving my girlfriends car. Didn't have to pay a dime.
    214 weeks ago
    ekiechi said: maybe i'll just hop into the game of tee design to help make all the financial trouble to come go away. Anyone know where i can buy some talent?

haha yeah. ymca. community college. private tutors. spongebob. all kinds of places.
    In a pinch, try a stranger in an alley. they sell everything!
    214 weeks ago
    you can buy me a new tablet.
    and then i will design tshirts, and split the profits with you.
    214 weeks ago
    That socks, buddy. In most states, I think the liability falls on the driver who does the ramming, so to speak. Back in February, I was involved in a minor accident in which a woman mistakenly thought that red meant 'go' at a stop light, and she plowed into me from behind. Her insurance company paid me a fair amount, as Nevada law states that drivers are supposed to be aware of their environment, and that anyone who gets hit from behind is automatically not at fault.

I know that this doesn't help your case. All you can hope for is a really sympathetic judge (especially if this is a first-time offense, and you have a pretty good driving record). See if you can negotiate your way into community service to reduce the fine. Hell, you can possibly volunteer at the Y and play sports with kids who don't have a proper role model, meaning you'll possibly have a tiny bit of fun in the process of rectifying the situation. Hope it works out for you in the near future.