I have a scanner and I enjoy deviant art. How ever I don't post anything for they never look as nice as other designs that used programs. I would appreciate a list of programs for finishing art, fine tuning, etc. Please! pretty please!

Thank you for your time

Glitter Graphics - GlitterLive.com

9Comments
    201 weeks ago
    Well the standards are photoshop, illustrator, painter, and that's about it. But they're expensive if you're legit, so maybe look into Gimp, it's a free one and quite a few people use it.
    201 weeks ago
    thank you very much Tuism
    201 weeks ago
    Gimp is the way to go if you're looking to save money. It can do just about everything PS does, more or less.

Also, you should look into Inkscape which is the free version of Illustrator. Again, can do just about everything Illustrator does, more or less.

201 weeks ago
    Thank you for toys =D
    201 weeks ago
    I'd also saaay

look into a tablet pen. :D

I used to scan items onto my comp, but they never look as good as drawing them digitally.
    201 weeks ago
    Everyone loves Photoshop but personally I prefer Illustrator for doing most designing. Its just more natural when it comes to creating line art.
    201 weeks ago
    sobermidget said: I'd also saaay

look into a tablet pen. :D

I used to scan items onto my comp, but they never look as good as drawing them digitally.

to each their own - I prefer to hand draw stuff with a real pencil (clutch) then scan and process. Tablet drawings to me are never as good as the real deal. I do use the tablet extensively for colouring though.

GuyFaux said: Everyone loves Photoshop but personally I prefer Illustrator for doing most designing. Its just more natural when it comes to creating line art.

Photoshop VS Illustrator all depends on what you're doing. Making vectors in Photoshop is Rikered while textures/painterly effects in Illustrator is impossible.
    201 weeks ago
    0_o Bunny only just starting, not spending 3k on fancy stuff tell my art is worth it. I do appreciate all info =P advice and tips and I love watching others create.
    200 weeks ago
    I agree with Dustbunny, and I was wondering what is thought of the more rugged looks.