Back to forum
rss 202 weeks ago
We're having some trouble narrowing down the errors some of you have reported with Paypal, but we'd really like to get this issue solved :)

If you've had a PayPal error when buying a shirt on TeeFury, can you tell us a bit about what happened?

If possible, let us know:
- What the error was
- What operating system you were using
- What web browser you used
- Were you able to get around the problem? How?

Thanks guys! Here's hoping we can get this problem cleared up :)
43Comments
    202 weeks ago
    my problem usually is my NOT hitting the PayPal button LOL
    then it says Error & i HAVE to Read what the problem is.............ME
    201 weeks ago
    I had issues with it the other day, it would decline every-time, and I ultimately just used the card payment method.
    Login to paypal would be fine, it was just the final stage of payment, it would decline it.
    201 weeks ago
    I've had the same problem as thunderbolt, and didn't find a way to get around the problem....so I missed two awesomw shirts... :( but that problem I've had I think is paypal/GalacticTreasury issue... not paypal/teefury... :P
    201 weeks ago
    I don't have any profile info filled in on Teefury except my email address (same as my Paypal address). I believe I bought the shirt on my work PC Windows 2000 and Firefox browser. On Paypal there are several variations of my address and though my verified address is correct as are most of the alternates (which do or do not abbreviate words etc) but I also had one alternate address that had the wrong country (Spain). Paypal told me those extra addresses come from Ebay. But my primary address there is correct as is my verified address at Paypal. When I bought the Teefury shirt (Dylan) and tried to pay with Paypal, I got an error that you don't ship to my country, then it took me back to your main page with an empty Cart. I re-bought the shirt and payed with Visa. Since then, I got Paypal to delete my extra address with the wrong country.
    201 weeks ago
    I had the error on the red ring of death shirt (makes sense) and I couldn't figure it out in time to snag one. Oh well!

The only option for payment was Paypal buyer credit. Apparently this was not a valid form of payment (then why list it?). The way I eventually fixed it was to remove both of my credit cards as well as my GalacticTreasury account information and then re-add it all.

Safari 4 on OSX Snow Leopard.
    201 weeks ago
    I had an error telling me the transaction could not be processed. It finally worked once I logged in to teefury. Before that I was buying without an account so I wasn't used to logging in!
    201 weeks ago
    hey!!! I have always had an error that says "you cannot ship to the country of origin" WTF??
    201 weeks ago
    I get the cannot ship to country of origin error every time I've tried to order through Firefox (3 separate occasions), when I use IE it works fine. I'm on Windows XP.
    201 weeks ago
    Country of origin error....
    201 weeks ago
    I had an error where every time I logged into paypal and would continue forward it was telling me that the shipping method I chose was not available for my county of origin (which is the US). I use a mac that has Safari version 4.0.5. and the way I got around it was to get on my desktop and use IE.
    201 weeks ago
    I always get the not available in your country error (UK) when using Firefox with Windows 7 but it always works with IE
    201 weeks ago
    Windows 7, Chrome and IE8. Never has worked for me. I get the country of origin error.
    201 weeks ago
    More than several times, I get that it can't be shipped to the country, and I'm in the U.S.
    But the last several days, been trying to use PayPal to order some custom buttons on CafePress. PayPal is declining the transaction even though it's got funding. Spent 30 minutes on phone with PayPal customer service rep. Never did get it worked out.
    201 weeks ago
    I got a message that it can be shipped to my country and I'm in the US. Using Firefox. And it was the other day when you were selling the Bob Dylan tee. Ended up entering a credit card.
    201 weeks ago
    Country of origin error... Several times.
    201 weeks ago
    country of origin error

some how i was able to get around it by switching browsers from firefox to maxthon.
    201 weeks ago
    - What the error was
    paypal cannot ship from country of origin to country you are trying to ship to. But i was trying to ship to Friday Harbor, WA, USA. It was either because of the different shipping and billing addresses, or because it couldn't ship from country of origin. But they were both in the United States.
    - What operating system you were using
    mac OS snow leopard i think
    - What web browser you used
    firefox
    - Were you able to get around the problem? How?
    just entered my credit card instead of using paypal
    201 weeks ago
    I've given up on using PayPal as my method of payment as I get the "country of origin" message every time. Too bad because it was so convenient. I e-mailed them about my problem and never received a response. Windows Vista and IE.
    201 weeks ago
    - What the error was: denied payment
    - What operating system you were using: Windows vista
    - What web browser you used: Mozilla Firefox v. 3.6.3
    - Were you able to get around the problem? How? Payed with credit card instead :C

I have bought a total of 5 t-shirts (4 transactions) and have had the problem every time.
    201 weeks ago
    I had the "cannot ship to your country" error too. I know I chose United States of America, twice to be sure. Still said can't ship. I was using Safari 4.0.3 on OSX 10.5.8.
    201 weeks ago
    Here's another question for people who have had the "country" error: Were your shipping and billing addresses the same or were they different?

Thanks to everyone for helping us out with this, your input is helping us to solve the problem!
    201 weeks ago
    MJ I always get the country error when using Firefox and have got it when the shipping and billing addresses were the same as well as different.
    201 weeks ago
    mj: my shipping and billing address were the same.
    201 weeks ago
    I have had a problem with teefury paypal checkout. I live outside the US but would want the shirts to be shipped to California.

When I checkout it displays the message "Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish to"

Already contacted Teefury before and Paypal but issue was not resolved.
    201 weeks ago
    Nope... never had a problem...
    (Living in Norway)

Thought that info on successful use of PayPal might be of use as well..
  • Load More Comments