Back to forum
rss 202 weeks ago
This has nothing to do with Tee Shirts, but it does have something to do with an awesome guy i know IRL. His name is Wilhelm Curse, member of Electric Hellfire Club, and touring member of Terrorfakt. He also DJs at a local industrial night in my city.

Currently he is the #1 ranked Industrial DJ on thedjlist. Of course we would like to keep it this way and keep his lead growing.

So, if you could, please vote! Keep your dance floor clear of VnV Nation, Cruxshadows, and horrible Tori Amos trance remixes. Support real industrial, (and real industrial DJs that would never wear a gas mask as a fashion accessory!) and please (if you can spare the 3 minutes to sign up) support my friend!

Right here plz!

I must note that the site's voting system can be a bit confusing. After entering the name of the DJ you wish to vote for, a drop down menu will appear. Personally i have accidentally voted for the wrong person about 5 times...so,uhm, don't be like me!

Also, it's a list of 10, but you do not have to fill out all of the spots...unless you're bored and just really want to.

Thanks to all that can help!

21Comments
    202 weeks ago
    I used to think Hellfire Club existed on nothing but industrial cover compilations
    202 weeks ago
    they exist in the hearts and minds of children everywhere. Like fluffy puppy dogs.
    202 weeks ago
    This guy go to Das Bunker?
    202 weeks ago
    didn't industrial music die a slow death in the 90's?
    202 weeks ago
    disembodied head said: didn't industrial music die a slow death in the 90's?

Not to my knowledge.
    And i think the people who attend Mera Luna, Kinetik, Wave Gotik Treffen, Convergence, Triton, and Eccentrik (just to name a few off the top of my head) probably agree with me on that one.
    202 weeks ago
    One Be Lo said: This guy go to Das Bunker?

not any time recently that i am aware of. He's pretty much based in Jax.
    202 weeks ago
    kayper said:

Not to my knowledge.

And i think the people who attend Mera Luna, Kinetik, Wave Gotik Treffen, Convergence, Triton, and Eccentrik (just to name a few off the top of my head) probably agree with me on that one.

yes it did if you keep in mind how popular it used to be all all other forms of eltronic music were strictly found in dance club or pop music at the time with new wave allready dead. NIN was one of the biggest acts of the 90's, bands like minestry, stabbing westward, rammstine all got major radio play and i feel the the industrial club scene was way bigger then too
    202 weeks ago
    biotwist said:
    kayper said:

Not to my knowledge.

yes it did if you keep in mind how popular it used to be all all other forms of eltronic music were strictly found in dance club or pop music at the time with new wave allready dead. NIN was one of the biggest acts of the 90's, bands like minestry, stabbing westward, rammstine all got major radio play and i feel the the industrial club scene was way bigger then too

just because something is more mainstream doesn't mean it's automatically more popular, it was just accessible to everyone via MTV and other manner of airplay.

The 1990s were a flash in the pan, IMO for industrial. None of it was really interesting, and NIN's PHM in the late 1980s was FAR better than Downward Spiral. It was the darker side of the boy band/girl pop 1990s explosion. It doesn't mean it "died", it just means the media found something else they could make more money off of. Industrial has always, and will always be, a niche genre. No matter how many times it gets played on the radio or music video channel of choice, it alienates more people than not. I highly doubt most conversations regarding NIN in the 1990s were praising Trent's musical talent, but rather being SHOCKED! at the Closer video/lyrics. Same with Manson, same with Rammstein (OMG GUYS THEY SHOOT FLAMING ARROWS ON STAGE!). The 1990s pimped industrial, but anyone can pimp anything. Doesn't make it better.

Now, with the rise in technology, larger venues that cater specifically towards industrial festivals (as opposed to the 1990s when the majority of industrial was either at the woodstock festival or at Lolapalooza), and freedom for bands to make their own sounds (instead of being tied to the sound that makes the most money. Seriously, EVERY commercialized industrial band sounded exactly the same in the 1990s), i stand by my assertion that currently is a very good time for industrial. At least a more interesting time.
    202 weeks ago
    Industrial is a pretty broad term no? So I don't know if these guys count as 'industrial', 'ebm', 'powernoise' etc. but I love Nachtmahr & Noisuf-X, mostly Noisuf ;)
    202 weeks ago
    i didnt say it was better or worse. i said it was more popular as in overall there were more bands that played more fans that listened to it
    kayper said:
    biotwist said:
    kayper said:

Not to my knowledge.

just because something is more mainstream doesn't mean it's automatically more popular, it was just accessible to everyone via MTV and other manner of airplay.

The 1990s were a flash in the pan, IMO for industrial. None of it was really interesting, and NIN's PHM in the late 1980s was FAR better than Downward Spiral. It was the darker side of the boy band/girl pop 1990s explosion. It doesn't mean it "died", it just means the media found something else they could make more money off of. Industrial has always, and will always be, a niche genre. No matter how many times it gets played on the radio or music video channel of choice, it alienates more people than not. I highly doubt most conversations regarding NIN in the 1990s were praising Trent's musical talent, but rather being SHOCKED! at the Closer video/lyrics. Same with Manson, same with Rammstein (OMG GUYS THEY SHOOT FLAMING ARROWS ON STAGE!). The 1990s pimped industrial, but anyone can pimp anything. Doesn't make it better.

Now, with the rise in technology, larger venues that cater specifically towards industrial festivals (as opposed to the 1990s when the majority of industrial was either at the woodstock festival or at Lolapalooza), and freedom for bands to make their own sounds (instead of being tied to the sound that makes the most money. Seriously, EVERY commercialized industrial band sounded exactly the same in the 1990s), i stand by my assertion that currently is a very good time for industrial. At least a more interesting time.
    202 weeks ago
    biotwist said: i didnt say it was better or worse. i said it was more popular as in overall there were more bands that played more fans that listened to it

And i counter that point by saying that there are far more festivals now that cater only to industrial that get larger audiences than in the 90s. Thus, there are more people that go to shows/listen to it (especially overseas) and more bands playing it. Granted, the bands in the late 80s/90s pioneered the sound as it is today. But there are so many more bands in so many more genres of the "industrial" umbrella now than there were. In the 1990s everything sounded like NIN. Now, there are so many more styles to it that reach out to a broader audience that can span genre likes and dislikes, whereas before "industrial" meant one sound and one sound only.
    202 weeks ago
    One Be Lo said: Industrial is a pretty broad term no? So I don't know if these guys count as 'industrial', 'ebm', 'powernoise' etc. but I love Nachtmahr & Noisuf-X, mostly Noisuf ;)

Nachtmahr makes me happy inside!!! Noisuf-X is a bit too melodic for me. I tend to go towards powernoise and aggrotech if we're going to get all sub-genre with it. I do like all styles for various reasons, but i would much rather go out and dance to something angry (Suicide Commando, Hex Rx, the occasional Combichrist track that's not overplayed beyond all belief, etc).
    202 weeks ago
    kayper said:

In the 1990s everything sounded like NIN. Now, there are so many more styles to it that reach out to a broader audience that can span genre likes and dislikes, whereas before "industrial" meant one sound and one sound only.

I would disagree with that. yes, NIN helped pioneer the industrial sound if you're talking heavy use of guitar but not everyone sounded exactly like him. Einsterzen Die Neubauten, Pigface, KMFDM, Skrew, Ministry, swamp terrorists, etc. some were more metal, some were more dance, some were a bit of both but they were all uniquely different imo
    202 weeks ago
    disembodied head said:
    I would disagree with that. yes, NIN helped pioneer the industrial sound if you're talking heavy use of guitar but not everyone sounded exactly like him. Einsterzen Die Neubauten, Pigface, KMFDM, Skrew, Ministry, swamp terrorists, etc. some were more metal, some were more dance, some were a bit of both but they were all uniquely different

I was speaking of those that were getting TV/radio play.
    202 weeks ago
    Even though I'm not very familiar with industrial music, I'll try to find the time to vote for your friend.

This is all I know about Combichrist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5Iaq8ATCDQ
    202 weeks ago
    1up01 said: Even though I'm not very familiar with industrial music, I'll try to find the time to vote for your friend.

This is all I know about Combichrist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5Iaq8ATCDQ

thanks, yo!

personally i only really enjoy this is my rifle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ism2I3HCGU

and Sent To Destroy (because i LOVE Bill Moseley and the Romper Stomper lyric inspiration)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8pBe1Zbd3Y

Which never get played in favor of "This Sh.It will f.uck you up" and "get your body beat". Both awesome tracks until i heard them i dont even know how many weeks in a row.

Whatever fills a dance floor i guess.
    201 weeks ago
    btw, have you heard Margin of Error? the lead singer is a friend of mine
    201 weeks ago
    have not. Any place to check them out?
    201 weeks ago
    probably their myfinalfrontier
    201 weeks ago
    kayper said:
    One Be Lo said: Industrial is a pretty broad term no? So I don't know if these guys count as 'industrial', 'ebm', 'powernoise' etc. but I love Nachtmahr & Noisuf-X, mostly Noisuf ;)

Nachtmahr makes me happy inside!!! Noisuf-X is a bit too melodic for me. I tend to go towards powernoise and aggrotech if we're going to get all sub-genre with it. I do like all styles for various reasons, but i would much rather go out and dance to something angry (Suicide Commando, Hex Rx, the occasional Combichrist track that's not overplayed beyond all belief, etc).

I haven't checked out the latest Nachtmahr release but I wasn't going wild on some EP songs. Noisuf brings the awesome for me =D Gets me movin' I own a suicide commando cay day, thing rules. Go check out Nachtmahr next friday at Das Bunker in LA
    201 weeks ago
    Here's a toe tapper:

If it doesn't work it's Shnarph-"Der Liebe Tod"