Back to forum
rss 217 weeks ago
Hey, I'm a huge micro brew fan and I see from the brilliant Real Names and PYP post the Tee Fury commune is made up of peoples from about the world! I thought it would be cool to hear a few of the Teefurians favorite beers.

I know a lot of you are from around Cali. so I can name drop Sierra Nevada out of Chico as one of my fav.s but Dogfish Head from Milton, DE is the top of my list!
38Comments
    217 weeks ago
    i really like dogfish, and we have dogfish restaurant out here in northern virginia which is pretty danke..

but ive been really poor lately so coors light is pretty much all i live by now....

i love hooegarden though, and when my band played warped tour we got alot of free starr hill, which is based out of virgiina.
    217 weeks ago
    magic hat all the way.
    im also a sucker for any sort of white ale
    217 weeks ago
    217 weeks ago
    I live in a town that produces Oberon. One of my favorite beers.
    Getting it fresh and on tap is AMAZING.
    Yeah. I love me some microbrews.
    I wish I was a billionaire (For billions of reasons)
    But I'd love to throw a TeeFury party. Wouldn't that be a trip?

-David

attachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D44798%26stc%3D1%26d%3D1238461987
    217 weeks ago
    biotwist said: magic hat all the way.

im also a sucker for any sort of white ale

Man, I *LOVE* That company. I especially love #9!
    217 weeks ago
    When I first got into micro brews several years ago, Flying Dog was my favorite. They have a good range and some quality seasonal brews.

Now there are just too many to name, but my current favorite by far is called 'Trois Pistoles' by Unibroue. It's a dark ale but slightly sweet with a smooth finish.
    217 weeks ago
    Griggitee said: When I first got into micro brews several years ago, Flying Dog was my favorite. They have a good range and some quality seasonal brews.

Now there are just too many to name, but my current favorite by far is called 'Trois Pistoles' by Unibroue. It's a dark ale but slightly sweet with a smooth finish.

Yeah Flying Dog has some bad ass WesleyCrusher for sure, and you have to love the Hunter S Thompson state of mind the bottle alone puts you in... now if only i could find a 45 and some mescalin
    217 weeks ago
    I used to live by a store called The Andersons, which had an amazing selections of Micro-brews and Wines. I used to build my own six-packs every week so I could try out all the different beers they had.

Closest thing like that for me now is at World Market, but not as much selection. Although, there are plenty of taverns that have beer tours with huge selections but you're paying $4-$12 a bottle and that's just way too expensive.
    217 weeks ago
    try milk stout but the lefthand brewery
    217 weeks ago
    I had that while in training in NC, I found it at a World Market however since heading back to MD I have not seen it. The closest thing I can find is the milk stout by Lancaster Brewing Co.
    217 weeks ago
    Not a huge fan of alcohol but I like trying new drinks sometimes. I went to Bevmo before work and had a tallll one of these:
    Arrogant bastard! Pictures, Images and Photos
    Twas good, would get another. Still want to try a dogfishhead bottle
    217 weeks ago
    One Be Lo said: Not a huge fan of alcohol but I like trying new drinks sometimes. I went to Bevmo before work and had a tallll one of these:
    Arrogant bastard! Pictures, Images and Photos

Twas good, would get another. Still want to try a dogfishhead bottle
    biotwist said: try milk stout but the lefthand brewery

Both excellent beers!
    My wife's favorite right now is the Cookie Jar Porter from the Brooklyn's Brewmaster's Reserve. It's draft only and available mainly on the east coast.
    217 weeks ago
    Another Magic Hat lover here. I'm completely in love with their Lucky Kat.

Dogfish (Autumn needs to get here STAT so i can stock up on Punkin Ale again!)

FLYING DOG!!!! (Garde Dog, Dogtoberfest, Snake Dog IPA being my top 3, with Gonzo Imperial Porter being a VERY close 4th)

And my Smuttynose Brewery love is pretty impossible to kill. Not buying their Smoked Pumpkin Ale when i saw it in the store, only to find out (not even a week later) that they were completely sold out until the next year...worst beer lover pain i have ever known.
    217 weeks ago
    Flying Dog is worth it just for the Ralph Steadman designed labels alone.
    217 weeks ago
    biotwist said: try milk stout but the lefthand brewery

Yummy. Good stuff.
    Man, we gotta go for a beer someday.
    Maybe 12.
    217 weeks ago
    MMmmmm, some good sounding stuff here.
    I'm a big belgian ale fan,... loving all three CHIMAY varieties. But, weirdly enough, most american microbrews done in the belgian style make me sneeze. Funky huh?

We have microbreweries a plenty here in San Diego,... up in North County I'm loving our local brewery called Lightning Brewery, Old Tempes Ale, Electrostatic Ale.
    I'm also all about some good stouts when the mood is right, porters w/ coffee in it - let's pour some!
    217 weeks ago
    there is a a local bar neat near that i hear brews some fantastic oatmeal stout but i'm lazy
    217 weeks ago
    This brings me to something i've been meaning to ask someone, I recently was berated with amazement that i dont drink. Is it really that specially to be sober for 22 years?
    217 weeks ago
    if you ever are rolling through the Seattle area I suggest you find yourself a seat at a bar serving Manny's Pale Ale and/or some Mac & Jack's African Amber. both are absolutely delicious.
    217 weeks ago
    I brew my own. Best beers I have ever drank. Aside from that; arrogant bastard and double bastard (tho only around November), mayflower makes good beer, Rouge is not bad, Unibroue, makes some great stuff. Left hand's milk stout is good, but up until a year or so ago the was a company called Mackesson that made a milk stout called XXX stout that was fantastic, sadly it is no longer available in the US of A, but if you are in Trinidad, you should give it a try (the version they make in the UK is not the same).
    217 weeks ago
    I'm not able to get up there as much as I used to, but Kodiak Island Brewing Co. has some of the finest brews I've tasted. Ben Millstein is the owner/operator and also does seasonal brews. http://www.kodiakbrewery.com/
    217 weeks ago
    Big fan of Flying Fish, Flying Dog and Dogfish Head! Pangaea is AWESOME if you can find it.

27wwyfa.jpg
    217 weeks ago
    FuzzyLogic said: I live in a town that produces Oberon. One of my favorite beers.

Getting it fresh and on tap is AMAZING.

Yeah. I love me some microbrews.

I wish I was a billionaire (For billions of reasons)

But I'd love to throw a TeeFury party. Wouldn't that be a trip?

-David

attachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D44798%26stc%3D1%26d%3D1238461987

Bell's is great. I get a 6 pick any time I visit home. I'm also a big fan of Arcadia Ales; same general area.

Where I live now, Anderson Valley is a must try (new favorite)
    217 weeks ago
    Big Rock all the way!
    http://www.bigrockbeer.com/

Native to Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and named after a giant rock in the middle of nowhere.
    217 weeks ago
    What? A beer named after a supercontinent? MUST FIND.
  • Load More Comments