Back to forum
rss 218 weeks ago
There's been an issue lately of people posting shirts that directly compete with what we're selling at TeeFury, so I'd like to clarify that rule.

Don't post about competing sites here. Competing sites are sites that post new shirts on a daily or near daily basis and/or in our general price range.

It's just not cool to post about the competition here. It's unfair to our artists, who only have one day to sell their design, when people try to show those potential customers something they might buy instead.

Thanks for reading, we appreciate your help with this! If you have questions about the rule, post them here and we'll clarify if needed.
36Comments
    218 weeks ago
    smurf i think that was me. Sorry :(
    218 weeks ago
    Understandable but honestly with your low price and very high quality print i don't think any of the other sites really compete.
    218 weeks ago
    This wasn't posted because of any one person- there have been about a dozen posts in the last week that did this. I figured it was just because we haven't been clear enough about this rule, and hopefully this will fix that problem :)

Thanks, Rah!
    218 weeks ago
    Oh whoops, I've been plugging some awesome sites recently haha. None total for $11 so I'd say your safe.
    218 weeks ago
    agreed, good call MJ.
    218 weeks ago
    MJ just to clarify, promote desings upload to sites with daily and competition like DBH is ok?
    218 weeks ago
    sergio37 said: MJ just to clarify, promote desings upload to sites with daily and competition like DBH is ok?

DBH is allowed.

Promoting an entry that is in voting (but not for sale at any site) is also allowed, although it should be put in one of our general "Vote for Me" threads instead of creating a new thread for every entry.
    218 weeks ago
    we have spots on teebanter where u can promote other sites if anyone is interested...

we bring together teefury, woot, anothersite and dbh

www.teebanter.com
    218 weeks ago
    Yeah. There was a post about a site on the front page today.
    Cool art, but wow. Terrible shirts. I fell ill to this posting rule. My Bad. But in fairness, it was a warning to stay away. The blanks they use are the absolute cheapest shirts anyone could buy anywhere. They remind me of the smurf you'd get at a FAIR, winning a shirt in a DART game with a bootleg Rush logo.

Yeah. Not cool to promote in this way.
    It would be like going into a Burger King and announcing how much better McDonalds Big Mac is. (Just the mentality, I hate those places)
    Maybe that's not the best way. hehehe.
    Sometimes I talk too much. MJ can attest to that. I mean well. I really do.
    218 weeks ago
    I used to work at Blockbuster and people used to come in and be like "screw this ill get it on netflix" or "ill just go to red box" do it up assbag.
    218 weeks ago
    Yeah I did it too...Sorry teefury management...although in fairness WHEN i DID IT I said how much more money the shirts were then yours.
    218 weeks ago
    You really can't beat the prices and quality here at TeeFury, and the people and curators here are amazing as well :D

Like Mel said, TeeBanter is a great place for chatting about most everything shirt related, we have fun there.

Teebanter.com
    218 weeks ago
    Yay for another place to promote teebanter =P
    218 weeks ago
    melbel said: we have spots on teebanter where u can promote other sites if anyone is interested...

we bring together teefury, woot, anothersite and dbh

www.teebanter.com

They need a tilteed forum :)
    218 weeks ago
    FuzzyLogic said: Yeah. There was a post about a site on the front page today.

Cool art, but wow. Terrible shirts. I fell ill to this posting rule. My Bad. But in fairness, it was a warning to stay away. The blanks they use are the absolute cheapest shirts anyone could buy anywhere. They remind me of the smurf you'd get at a FAIR, winning a shirt in a DART game with a bootleg Rush logo.

What site is this?
    187 weeks ago
    I'm bumping this thread because people seem to need another reminder.

I'm getting especially tired of warning the same people multiple times, and as much as I hate to ban accounts it is getting to that point.
    187 weeks ago
    I've done it the once, and it was for a shirt that is no longer available here and someone wanted it, it was the same artist selling the shirt so it was actually fair to the artist in question as they would sell more ... I totally understand you not wanted people mentioning other competing sites for business reasons, but, again the shirt I was helping someone get is not available here anymore ...
    187 weeks ago
    bleee said: I've done it the once, and it was for a shirt that is no longer available here and someone wanted it, it was the same artist selling the shirt so it was actually fair to the artist in question as they would sell more ... I totally understand you not wanted people mentioning other competing sites for business reasons, but, again the shirt I was helping someone get is not available here anymore ...

Fair to that specific artist, maybe. Fair to the other artist we were promoting that day? Debatable.

We try to be as fair as possible about this stuff, but really, there's no excuse for promoting our direct competitor to our own customers by using our own forums. If you want to help, tell the person to go to the artist's own web page (or Twitter, or Facebook, etc). It helps us to lose less business and is also a much more effective way of promoting that artist (who knows, they might have other projects, products, or even a mailing list that the buyer is interested in, too).
    187 weeks ago
    MJ said:
    bleee said: I've done it the once, and it was for a shirt that is no longer available here and someone wanted it, it was the same artist selling the shirt so it was actually fair to the artist in question as they would sell more ... I totally understand you not wanted people mentioning other competing sites for business reasons, but, again the shirt I was helping someone get is not available here anymore ...

Fair to that specific artist, maybe. Fair to the other artist we were promoting that day? Debatable.

We try to be as fair as possible about this stuff, but really, there's no excuse for promoting our direct competitor to our own customers by using our own forums. If you want to help, tell the person to go to the artist's own web page (or Twitter, or Facebook, etc). It helps us to lose less business and is also a much more effective way of promoting that artist (who knows, they might have other projects, products, or even a mailing list that the buyer is interested in, too).

fair enough, if I try to help anyone again, buyer (or artist), then i'll send them to the artist's site, in that particular artist would have pointed them at the same site I did as it's plastered all over their site and facebook etc... at least i tried to make them work to find it by being subtle with my first post;)

(if there's a way of private messaging them, i would have done and it wouldn't have been open to all eyes)
    187 weeks ago
    A PM system would be fantastic :)
    187 weeks ago
    can you explain to me how PM ing someone doesnt do exactly the same thing and typing in the forum only in private, i am not sure you understand what MJ id saying.
    basically if its for sale somewhere else then dont go on about it in here ,thats about the gist of it,
    teefury is a great place to meet people and chat but try and keep it uncompetitive ,as in not about the competition.there are loads f other places you can chat to mates about other sites or shirts etc.
    it just a matter of common sense and respect .
    187 weeks ago
    dippycow_5 said: can you explain to me how PM ing someone doesnt do exactly the same thing and typing in the forum only in private, i am not sure you understand what MJ id saying.

basically if its for sale somewhere else then dont go on about it in here ,thats about the gist of it,

teefury is a great place to meet people and chat but try and keep it uncompetitive ,as in not about the competition.there are loads f other places you can chat to mates about other sites or shirts etc.

in a pm only that one person sees it, in the forum everyone sees, yes I do understand what MJ is saying ... the shirt in question has already been sold here and is not available anymore here ... it was nothing to do with competition, someone asked if it was available as they missed it and I answered .. I repeat, they were looking for a particular shirt that is no longer on sale here ... if it was on sale here then yes, fair enough ...

187 weeks ago
    dippycow_5 said: can you explain to me how PM ing someone doesnt do exactly the same thing and typing in the forum only in private, i am not sure you understand what MJ id saying.

With a PM you can help that ONE person. In the forums, its open to everyone and you can sway so many more people. Thats why a PM would work. I understand what you are saying about keeping TF business in TF but there are a million of shirts and artists out there. People should have the right to know where they can buy a certain shirt or where they can locate certain products.

Again, I don't think anyone should be posting competing sites on this forum AT ALL. I'm just saying PMing one person about an artist wont hurt or do anything drastic to the sales of an artist of that day.
    187 weeks ago
    bleee said:

in a pm only that one person sees it, in the forum everyone sees, yes I do understand what MJ is saying ... the shirt in question has already been sold here and is not available anymore here ... it was nothing to do with competition, someone asked if it was available as they missed it and I answered .. I repeat, they were looking for a particular shirt that is no longer on sale here ... if it was on sale here then yes, fair enough ...

Ah beat me to it by 17 secs bleeeeee
    187 weeks ago
    bleee said:

a pm would direct the one person to get the one shirt they want, be it a rival site, the artist themselves, who in turn may direct them to the rival or where ever ... in the public forum several hundred people might see it as a chance to look at a site they might not have heard of before ...
  • Load More Comments