Back to forum
rss 208 weeks ago
Had my first "other person wearing Teefury!" encounter today. Well, not so much an encounter as me standing off to the side pointing and going "OMG ITS A TEEFURY SHIRT!" while eating an amazing hotdog.

So, random dude wearing the R2D2 conversion/upgrade shirt...HI! I'd be the creepy girl with the shaved head randomly fangirling in your general direction while holding 1 lb of natural soaps, goat cheese, 5lbs of tomatoes, and one bunch of asparagus.

I should have worn one of my shirts. One day i'll do that and hopefully see someone wearing teefury again. Then we can give each other "the nod" or a high five.
21Comments
    208 weeks ago
    lol we should totally make like a teefury "missed connections" section
    208 weeks ago
    GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

I wanted to go up to the dude and be all "omg teefury yay!" but then i was like...well, what if some friend bought that for him and he had no idea wtf teefury was so i would just freak him out with my enthusiasm....

so i chose the clearly classier option of pointing while waving my hotdog around in excitement.
    208 weeks ago
    You should have just freaked him out with your enthusiasm. Or you could have offered him part of your hot dog.
    208 weeks ago
    If I ever see someone wearing a teefury shirt I'll make sure to call them out. Or at least untill a teefury missed connections is up.
    208 weeks ago
    I would love to see someone with a TeeFury shirt on, hehe, but I would probably do the same thing you did Kayper :P

@Mike, did you join TeeBanter yet? Because you MUST :D
    208 weeks ago
    lazytulip said: I would love to see someone with a TeeFury shirt on, hehe, but I would probably do the same thing you did Kayper :P

@Mike, did you join TeeBanter yet? Because you MUST :D

I must huh? Well my charisma skill isn't high enough and my saving throws are always horrible so I guess I must :P Just for you tulip.
    208 weeks ago
    Hehe, I love the D&D talk, so nerdy *^_^* (Nerdy being a good thing!) Glad you will go check TeeBanter out! If you wouldn't have, I would have never given up, my constitution is higher than yours :P
    208 weeks ago
    ^ Oh I had already checked it out don't worry. I'm just not a huge fan of the traditional forum approach for talking and what not. And I'm not sure you could have made me go without charming me. My willpower is off the charts
    208 weeks ago
    Well I will always come to TeeFury first, if I don't see you on TeeBanter:) And irl, I am a totally crazy, shy girl. Somehow I can talk on forums, so obviously I love them, ehh silly me.

And Ok Mike, I must confess, I've only played D&D once... and I've never looked back...meaning...I sucked at it. -_-

208 weeks ago
    It's ok. I've never played D&D haha. I've played Neverwinter Nights though; it's based completely off of the D&D interworkings. Plus most modern RPG's still draw greatly from D&D

And Kayper I just read your bio. I absolutely hate it when people say I need when they order something. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    208 weeks ago
    Oh yeah I played Neverwinter Nights and I also played Baulder's Gate and Icewind Dale. So fun!

@Kayper, SORRY KAYPER! Didn't mean to turn your cool thread into a dork chat @_@ ...I'll stop. P.S. I admire your style, especially your hair, so, so awesome :)

208 weeks ago
    Oh plz, totally not a problem. I was a Magic girl instead of D&D, though!

Mike, it drives me absolutely crazy nutso when people say that. It's only become worse since working in food service. Feels like i'm the only one who says "can i?" "I'd like..." or "may i" anymore when it comes to ordering dinner!

Thanks, Ms. Tulip! It's pretty much the only part of me i'm happy with. Been wanting it since i was 15...so it only took 11 yrs to grow the balls to do it. The only time i've ever been bummed out was today when there was a "Shave your head for cancer awareness!" booth at the market i was at. For every shaved head, they would donate $20 to cancer research...and obviously i could not donate.
    208 weeks ago
    Jethro said: You should have just freaked him out with your enthusiasm. Or you could have offered him part of your hot dog.

Yeah, that wasn't happening. It's been one hot minute since i've had an all beef jumbo dog with natural casing. I wasn't about to share that puppy with anyone!
    207 weeks ago
    kayper said: Oh plz, totally not a problem. I was a Magic girl instead of D&D, though!

Magic > D&D any day. :)

The next step of either though is reenactment with boffer weapons. hah. Have you?
    207 weeks ago
    I just recently watched a documentary called "Monster Camp", and it is all about that, well about LARPing! I really liked the film, and it was quite entertaining to say the least ^-^
    207 weeks ago
    I'm totally going to have to find that and watch it! I generally don't say LARPing because people almost always think of Role Models and things go down hill.
    207 weeks ago
    Aw yeah? No this is SERIOUS LARPing! You must see it! If you have Netflix, it's on "Watch Instantly" :D

It not only shows them fighting, it shows their community and what goes on behind the scenes. I really enjoyed it. (I also laughed a lot)
    207 weeks ago
    I don't have Netflix, but I'm sure I can find it somewhere else. :) http://www.dragonspine.net/ is the Kingdom my area is in. haha
    206 weeks ago
    I saw somebody at the movies wearing my Ackbar Trap shirt. I smiled, and gave him a mental high five. My wife said I should go say hi, but I didn't

Oh well.
    206 weeks ago
    oh, this reminds me that last year at pitchfork fest in chicago, i saw someone wearing a teefury shirt. it was the cinco de mayo t-bird shirt, no less!
    206 weeks ago
    I saw someone wearing The Barack Zombie tee at Long Beach.