Back to forum
rss 210 weeks ago
Hey guys, I'm new here but love all the art on these shirts. I was wondering is there a specific forum where we can post ideas for shirts for artist to see?

I would make a shirt if I was as good as these artists but I cant.

I was trying to see if there have been any bioshock shirts and if not is there any artist interested in creating a BIOshock tshirt?

Thanks guys, look forward in being here for a while.
49Comments
    210 weeks ago
    Hey shmarr. I have no artistic talent but I have a good idea every once in a while. Bioshock has a fairly limited universe and doesnt really scratch the surface of the biopunk genre. Was there something you had in mind?
    210 weeks ago
    i make lots of diver art but its not really bioshock themed. i personally dont think it would do well no matter how popular the game is. i still need to play bioshock 2
    210 weeks ago
    with video game parodies I try to stick to titles just about everyone has played (Street Fighter, Mario Bros, Pac-Man...etc)

perhaps we should have an idea thread where non - artists can post their ideas and if a designer pick it up they can be compensated

i dunno...
    210 weeks ago
    Ya I understand that concept. Makes sense that Bioshock isnt the same as Mario. I guess its just big with the groups of people I know but not universally loved like Mario. Thats cool, glad I found this site.

One of the most interesting and artistic places i've come across.
    210 weeks ago
    Need some Modern Warfare themes going on haha
    210 weeks ago
    Check out the side art for today. The first is a bishock design!! How eerily creepy
    210 weeks ago
    A coinkidink!
    210 weeks ago
    Exactly, I saw that AND Many comments seemed to have noticed. I think there is a crowd that would love an awesome bioshock shirt. Im telling you guys...theres so many angles to the game and the 1950s nostalgia is erie and soothing at the same time.

The artistic capabilities with this theme is endless, if only I was talented enough...
    209 weeks ago
    I think Left 4 Dead would do much better. Everyone I know either plays it or at least knows what it is. Plus, killing zombies with a katana is pretty much the most fun thing ever. My friend got a hoodie with a medpack printed on the back from the Valve store, and it's awesome.

Though, now that I think about it, I don't think you could print anything that was true to the game...if it's not considered spoofalicious, then it's copyright infringement, right?
    209 weeks ago
    I never played left for dead and I understand its a great game, but everyone that I know still plays Nazi Zombies on COD4 instead of the L4D. I dont know about how the copy right laws apply but I'm telling you guys. There is a huge bioshock audience...its a cult classic when it comes to video games.
    209 weeks ago
    ^ Did you just call bioshock a cult classic?! Bioshock is nowhere near a cult classic. I'd call it a AAA game.
    209 weeks ago
    MikeK47 said: ^ Did you just call bioshock a cult classic?! Bioshock is nowhere near a cult classic. I'd call it a AAA game.

It has its cult following* Sorry, I shouldn't have worded it in that way. BUT over time it will be. If you game, you understand some of the groundbreaking techniques that came from this game.

I could just watch the game, as if it were a movie. Oh ya, and I'm talking about the first bioshock specifically because the second one was great but basically the same as the first. The first Bioshock game was groundbreaking at the time when it was released.

209 weeks ago
    I'm a gamer sir and I'm not sure you can actually call Bioshock ground breaking. It was a great title no doubt but I'd say it just built more onto previous titles, most notably System Shock. I'd say it's story also draws heavily from half life.
    209 weeks ago
    Groundbreaking in the sense of Cinematics, playing that game was the same as watching a movie. I have never felt that way about a game and Im not talking about cut scenes either. I'm talking about simultaneously, the mix of gaming and cinematics.Where you can play and control the cinematics, but I can already tell that your going to beg to differ anyway, so I guess we can agree to disagree.
    209 weeks ago
    ^ Ok I can agree with that.

Back to shirt ideas though. If it has to be a spoof I think I have two good ones. There has already been a Rosie the Riveter shirt on Teefury with Princess Leia and you could do something like that with a Rosie Big Daddy.

Or the other idea I had was make night club and at the front door would be a Bouncer Big Daddy. The club could be called Rapture or something with a side door named the little sister entrance. And if it's possible have in the shadows someone selling some adam or something. Just some thoughts :)
    209 weeks ago
    Or have the side door be the Little Sister entrances they use and just have a VIP sign above it
    209 weeks ago
    Dude, if I saw that one on a shirt it would be SOLD. See thats an awesome idea. I seriously wish I was artistically inclined to produce something like that.

BTW nice to meet you MikeK47, I hope to get into some more awesome video game debates.
    209 weeks ago
    Nice to meet you too Shmarrr :) I love talkin about video games! I wish I had some artistic talent so I coud make that, but unfortunately I don't. :/

And if anyone out there with that kind of talent wanted to use those ideas feel free. I dont care cause I can't do anything with them except just picture them in my mind.
    209 weeks ago
    Also I'm glad you liked my ideas :)
    209 weeks ago
    Gotta love gamers ^_^
    209 weeks ago
    Yay I feel loved :D
    209 weeks ago
    there is a more gamer/geek focused site called someothersite. winterartwork has been printed there
    209 weeks ago
    biotwist said: there is a more gamer/geek focused site called someothersite. winterartwork has been printed there

thank you so much for telling me about that site. Thats a cool ass place too.
    209 weeks ago
    To the Gamers:

How to Mine for Gold

209 weeks ago
    i think my head just exploded reading this, but it's people like you who make me go back to Dragon*Con year after year! :)
  • Load More Comments