Back to forum
rss 225 weeks ago
Hi folks, just wondering if it would be possible to purchase tees and then have you hold onto them (for a limited time (say upto 6 weeks)) before shipping.

WHY???

So that purchasers in the UK (and other fine countries) can combine postage on more than one shirt.

BUT WE DON'T WANT THE HASSLE; WHAT'S IN IT FOR US

Simple, it's good business; for the cost of hiding a tee in a drawer until I request it be sent you'll have me thinking about your site everyday. Do I want todays tee? I'm already getting one shipped out; if I want another tee I'm essentially paying half price... WHAT A BARGIN. A tee that I might reject for only being 90% perfect suddenly becomes a total steal.

YOU'RE TOTALLY BRILLIANT MR BELL WHAT SHOULD WE DO?

Just stick a check-box on your order page that says "Create tab" and another that says "Colate with existing order" and a brief description that explains that the money will be taken directly from my account when you click purchase but these purchases won't be sent until requested.

Oh, you also need to send me a free tee for being so smart :)

take care
Gray
22Comments
    225 weeks ago
    i'm in :)
    225 weeks ago
    great idea, but i think that might make their jobs harder than they already are.
    225 weeks ago
    it's been talked about many times. I'm sure if it were that easy, they'd have already done it.
    225 weeks ago
    What happens to those who change their minds after purchasing (like buyer's remorse) but it
    s still in the tab? The shirt has already been printed and it could cause some issues where lawyers would get involved. Instead of going ship once method, why not suggest that TF finds a good tee supplier/printer that could create the shirts somewhere in Europe and adjust price according to those costs? This would mean that people in Europe could get them far quicker and cheaper for s/h. This would mean they'd need to do some research over this, but it could be a means of expansion. This could cause issues if North American suppliers have a certain coloured tee while Europe doesn't but there could be ways around it (such as offering a colour to one and not the other unless the purchaser paid to ship it overseas). This idea would require coordination and someone in Europe who's trustworthy and committed.
    Or you could just move to Canada, we've got loads of space still available eh. :)
    225 weeks ago
    Yeah much as it would be a really nice addition in many ways especially for us international peoples, TeeFury aren't a tiny company and the number of shirts they could end up having to store would likely be far too many for them to be able to.

And anyway I'm from the UK too and including postage it's hard enough finding tees for that value especially of this caliber.
    225 weeks ago
    I think there may be legs in this, I bought a tee yesterday and am now thinking, oh I LOVE this shirt but another $9 just on postage puts me off. Whereas if it was wow another tee, I've already paid postage, it'd be like wow! I'd be buying three tees each time. To avoid the legal issues, the item could be classed as shipped straight away and say you only have a limited time, a week or ten days to add to your order??? I wanna buy more shirts, help me make it happen!

PS I agree that £12 in total is great value but I'd definitely buy more often if I don't have to shell on postage each time. :)
    225 weeks ago
    I think much as it would be great for us to save money, I just don't think they would have the storage space for this, Though this is all my presumptions. I've never seen a definitive answer to this from the TF team, would be great to hear even if just so we had an answer to give it each time this is asked.
    225 weeks ago
    hmmm intersting
    225 weeks ago
    I concur.
    Not going to happen...but I concur.

It is infuriating that if I buy two shirts in a row,
    I'm paying $36. Thank God there has never been 3 or more in a row awesome enough for me to buy.
    225 weeks ago
    matt2kool said: it's been talked about many times. I'm sure if it were that easy, they'd have already done it.

Matt is correct :)

Unfortunately, this is a much more complicated undertaking that it sounds- it's tricky because there would be extra space required to warehouse the shirts until people decided to pay shipping. There would also need to be extra employees to keep track of those shirts, take care of the new postage situations, and handle resulting customer service. There are also some problems that would need to be solved, like what happens if some customers never ask for their shirts to be shipped, how billing would work in a new postage situation (possibly also involving some legal issues), etc.

Long story short, it would be a difficult undertaking at any price, but at $9 a shirt it's pretty much impossible :)
    225 weeks ago
    Shame, it would be great.
    Guess I'll just have to keep buying the Grab Bags 3 shirts at a time!!!
    225 weeks ago
    Chaosbeast said: What happens to those who change their minds after purchasing (like buyer's remorse) but it

s still in the tab? The shirt has already been printed and it could cause some issues where lawyers would get involved. Instead of going ship once method, why not suggest that TF finds a good tee supplier/printer that could create the shirts somewhere in Europe and adjust price according to those costs? This would mean that people in Europe could get them far quicker and cheaper for s/h. This would mean they'd need to do some research over this, but it could be a means of expansion. This could cause issues if North American suppliers have a certain coloured tee while Europe doesn't but there could be ways around it (such as offering a colour to one and not the other unless the purchaser paid to ship it overseas). This idea would require coordination and someone in Europe who's trustworthy and committed.

Or you could just move to Canada, we've got loads of space still available eh. :)

That sounds a bagillion times more difficult.
    225 weeks ago
    If any of you international teefurians want to ship your shirts to me, I'll hold on to them and send them whenever you want. It would still cost $2 per shirt sent to me and then whatever the shipping would be when you asked me to send them, but it might be cheaper. just a thought.
    225 weeks ago
    matt2kool said: If any of you international teefurians want to ship your shirts to me, I'll hold on to them and send them whenever you want. It would still cost $2 per shirt sent to me and then whatever the shipping would be when you asked me to send them, but it might be cheaper. just a thought.

yeah id be willing to do that as well to help out.
    225 weeks ago
    Depending on how you shipped them, this could work. The cost of mailing one shirt in a USPS Readypost envelope was about $2.50. I don't know what international rates are, though.
    225 weeks ago
    Cheers Matt 2 Kool, I could well be requesting your services!!! :)
    225 weeks ago
    Matt has shipped a shirt to me in the UK before, though this was quite a while ago. He may or may not remember roughly how much he paid to send it. Also Matt I may have to email you with a seperate cheeky request!
    225 weeks ago
    Thanks chap-types, I thought that this would be the answer - but nothing ventured.

The only thing worth clarifying is that I was suggesting that the purchaser paid p&p with the first tee - so the costs are already covered. He-she then adds other tees to that order (paying for each tee as it is ordered). When she-he decides he-she wants the orders (or a certain amount of time passes) then they're released. In the UK this would mean that purchasers get three tees for the price of two.

But as is said above - in the UK teefury tees come in at 12 quid a pop - that's a total bargin for a almost unique high quality tee!
    225 weeks ago
    niku said:
    matt2kool said: If any of you international teefurians want to ship your shirts to me, I'll hold on to them and send them whenever you want. It would still cost $2 per shirt sent to me and then whatever the shipping would be when you asked me to send them, but it might be cheaper. just a thought.

Wow! That is a really generous offer guys! Hell of a lot of hassle for you though!
    I just had a Teefury shirt sent via teetrade from Arizona to Oz and can say the USPS website estimate of $10.76 was correct, so shipping costs using those details would be fairly accurate.
    Might keep that offer in mind though if it is not in jest!
    224 weeks ago
    10.76? Does that include proper tracking?
    224 weeks ago
    begee08 said:
    niku said:

Wow! That is a really generous offer guys! Hell of a lot of hassle for you though!

I just had a Teefury shirt sent via teetrade from Arizona to Oz and can say the USPS website estimate of $10.76 was correct, so shipping costs using those details would be fairly accurate.

YEAH!!! Ill do that too!!

unless its a shirt I want... then... its MINE!

:P

Just kidding.
    224 weeks ago
    begee08 said:
    niku said:

not in jest, id be willing to help out fellow teefurians, id just rather not do it for just one tee...if you wanna get a couple and then ill send em out at the same time, ill def help out! it would only cost me a lil bit of my time and some gas, but the post office isnt too far away from me.