Back to forum
rss 225 weeks ago
Ok I'm just making this because the current design (hybrid) and the last mario design's page have been riddled with discussion of manly colors. So express your thoughts here.

Now for mine: I personally like powder blue. I don't really know how you would define a manly color though. If I'm wearing a shirt with a mario design I wouldn't want to look manly. I'd rather look nice and approachable. If you want a manly colored teeshirt why not just rip it off and wear no shirt. Or better yet if you like the design and it's on powder blue, get it and then go beat some tough guy up and soak up his blood with the shirt. That would be pretty manly.

If your beef is that you don't really like powder blue or you already have too many of them I understand. It smurfs that sometimes you have a lot of shirts with the same color but that's life... Its like a box of chocolates :P
23Comments
    225 weeks ago
    wow... I must just be tired... socks*
    225 weeks ago
    I personally like when the guys and girls have different t shirt colors so that i get to pick which color i like more :)
    225 weeks ago
    melbel said: I personally like when the guys and girls have different t shirt colors so that i get to pick which color i like more :)

This is a valid argument. Saying that you can't wear yellow because it isn't manly enough is not. Though, when the shirts are different colors, we always end up with people complaining that the other sex got the better color.

Personally, I've recently fallen in love with the turquoise color they use. I got the koopa print in my grab bag, and it's become one of my favorite shirts because of the color it is. I would like more bright colors like that. I have enough black/brown/navy shirts.
    225 weeks ago

i think if the guys and girls colors are different, you should have the option to pick which color you want for your tee.

i personally think teefury should expand their palette further than what they have...i feel like they repeat the same colors alot, and dont branch out to other ones (ie purple, bright green etc etc)
    225 weeks ago
    as long as they arent brown, green, yellow or orange im happy.

i hate those colors.

totally.
    225 weeks ago
    You're never gonna be able to make everyone happy so yes some people aren't secure enough in their gender to be willing to wear certain colours, but some people like those colours. In reality everyone only suits a certain pallette of colours anyway, and knowing what suits me does vary what I buy but if the designs still good enough I don't usuually care!

I just hate pastels!
    225 weeks ago
    I'm secure enough in my gender to wear powder blue...but I don't want to wear it ALL the time.
    I didn't buy Mario Sushi as awesome as it was because I already have Superhero Washing and the Flight of the Conchords shirt in the same color...Had I liked todays design, I wouldn't have bought it either.
    225 weeks ago
    Looking back through the Love there's far too many shirts in Powder Blue (or a similar color)...Far too high a proportion

Spock Paper Scisscors
    Plumber
    Viral Marketing
    King Pong
    Real Troopa
    Spock On
    Flying Bear
    Spongebath
    Kung Fu Soccer
    Super Laundry
    Desmonds Replacement
    Flight of The Conchords
    Mario Sushi
    Hybrids
    225 weeks ago
    brilliantboy said: Looking back through the Love there's far too many shirts in Powder Blue (or a similar color)...Far too high a proportion

I think you'll find that no matter what colour you pick you'll find quite a lot of tees in that colour due to the overall number of shirts that are printed here. I would say that it does encourage the idea of teefury getting a larger range of colours of blanks but this would mean more to store etc. and I have no idea what facilities they have. Would be nice for those of us regularly buying shirts here though.
    225 weeks ago
    I dont think it has to do with being secure enough to wear pink or powder blue.. some guys just dont like it.

And as a 23 year old chick... I dont dig dudes in pink.
    225 weeks ago
    simwells said:
    brilliantboy said: Looking back through the Love there's far too many shirts in Powder Blue (or a similar color)...Far too high a proportion

I think you'll find that no matter what colour you pick you'll find quite a lot of tees in that colour due to the overall number of shirts that are printed here

Sure, but you go anywhere and you're likely to see a lot more black, brown, navy etc. than powder blue. That's not the case on Teefury

melbel said:

Aw! Pink and powder blue is all I've got in my closet...
    225 weeks ago
    I agree that there are too many manly colors on Teefury. When deciding to buy a shirt or not I strongly consider color. I would buy an ok design on a great color but not a great design on an ugly color. This has prevented me from buying a lot of the shirts featured on teefury.
    I wear bright and fun colors, I don't buy dark colors especially green, brown, and only bought two navy blue shirts because they were l.o.s.t shirts and i had to have them.
    225 weeks ago
    It's the man in the shirt I'd be interested, if he's happy in his skin/powder blue unmanly (??!!) shirt, that's attractive to me. So I just bought it for my hubby ;)

You can't please all the people all the time. I agree that if the colour is wrong for you then the design misses out, but isn't this what life is all about? Waiting for the right one at the right time???
    225 weeks ago
    @brilliantboy

So you want teefury to be like every other site??? And I'm not sure how far back you've counted but Teefury has 368 photos of different tees on their facebook and I'm pretty sure that's still not all of them. But if 14 of 368+ is too many I just can't agree with you.
    225 weeks ago
    brilliantboy said: melbel said:

Aw! Pink and powder blue is all I've got in my closet...

Im sorry my sweetie pie... maybe its just not in the cards for us. Unless you are super hot. Then it is in the cards for us and I will love you even though you wear pink.
    225 weeks ago
    MikeK47 said: @brilliantboy

So you want teefury to be like every other site??? And I'm not sure how far back you've counted but Teefury has 368 photos of different tees on their facebook and I'm pretty sure that's still not all of them. But if 14 of 368+ is too many I just can't agree with you.

Out of 82 shirts sold since January 1st, 14 have been powder blue.
    That's a little more than 1 in 6. I didn't go back any further but that suggests about 63 in 368...

I just looked through the first 375 shirts at anothersite, 15 are powder blue-ish. That's 1 in 25.
    In DBH's catalogue of 335 man shirts, 14 are powder or neon blue.
    ie. 1 in 24.
    I won't check other places beacuse I'm sick of looking at all those douchey male models.

Bah, I don't mind really, I think I just have a genetic predisposition to arguing, but surely you agree the proportion of powder-blue shirts on Teefury is unusually high.

melbel said:

Im sorry my sweetie pie... maybe its just not in the cards for us. Unless you are super hot.

[lies]smoking[/lies]
    225 weeks ago
    As a person who's had shirts printed here I'd just like to point out that sometimes the colors Teefury chooses are kind of out of necessity or availability. For instance I've had a shirt or two I intended for one color but they didn't have it in stock and Jimiyo would suggest a color that they do have and we'd go with that instead. Sometimes it's also just them making an educated guess at what color is going to make the shirt more successful. If a certain color seems to not sell well then they'd probably be inclined to choose an option that does, ya know?

I'd also like to point out that just because something is a good idea doesn't mean a company can necessarily do it. So, I'm sure Teefury would LOVE to be able to print on any color of the rainbow any time they want and let customers have the option of what color they want. But for whatever reason it's probably not feasible or practical for them to do that. That's my assumption.

I think they do a great job with what they've got though.

ALSO... I think any man who can't look manly in powder blue probably just isn't that manly to begin with.
    225 weeks ago
    That list isn't just "powder blue." Slate and turquoise really aren't the same color. They might look that way in the pictures, but in actuality they aren't. The turquoise is a really nice intensely bright blue.
    225 weeks ago
    I like how teefury sometimes uses a different tee color if the design is already in print somewhere else. It still gives Furians an exclusive shirt.

Also I'd like to add that I won't typically buy red, maroon or black shirts. I do like silver, white(yeah i know i'm a minority), charcoal and navy shirts.
    225 weeks ago
    I know my skin tones and I know I don't look good in soft pastel colors or bright colours. I also look tired and ragged wearing whites and greys. It's just genetic, no biggie. As someone who studies gender in University, I love how gender (mainly masculinity) and shirt color seem to be linked somehow.
    225 weeks ago
    Chaosbeast said: As someone who studies gender in University

MwahHA!
    225 weeks ago
    Ok then can you define what colors are manly?
    225 weeks ago
    teefury has a much small range of colors then the other sites. you should have taken that into you math
    brilliantboy said:
    MikeK47 said: @brilliantboy

Out of 82 shirts sold since January 1st, 14 have been powder blue.

That's a little more than 1 in 6. I didn't go back any further but that suggests about 63 in 368...

I just looked through the first 375 shirts at anothersite, 15 are powder blue-ish. That's 1 in 25.

In DBH's catalogue of 335 man shirts, 14 are powder or neon blue.

ie. 1 in 24.

I won't check other places beacuse I'm sick of looking at all those douchey male models.

Bah, I don't mind really, I think I just have a genetic predisposition to arguing, but surely you agree the proportion of powder-blue shirts on Teefury is unusually high.

melbel said:

Im sorry my sweetie pie... maybe its just not in the cards for us. Unless you are super hot.

[lies]smoking[/lies]