Hello all!

My first time posting here after trying to submit a handful of designs to Tee Fury over the past few months (and none getting picked). So, I have another idea, but before sending it, I figured I would ask the community for their input! :) Plus, I am torn between two different looks and hope you guys can help me decide which would look better...

So anyway, I decided to make a design depicting the Cantina Band (from Star Wars) doing the Abbey Road pose (from the Beatles) and I have come to two different looks. One that shows more of the walkway, which looks more accurate, or one that crops it a bit and makes the figrin Dan artwork bigger.

Here's the artwork:

Any suggestions or comments are welcome!

Thanks!

-Jay
25Comments
    215 weeks ago
    I like the one that is up-close better. I like the design, but maybe you could do different people instead of the same one four times.
    215 weeks ago
    this is a great design but maybe a different background color?
    i feel like it would be a deterrent for most people.
    215 weeks ago
    oh and ps, i like the close up better.
    215 weeks ago
    The second one is better and I agree that a different shirt color would make it more interesting. As for making the modal nodes look different, it's tough because they do all look the same in the cantina. Maybe they could have different facial expressions? Nice job on the design! I would buy it for sure.
    215 weeks ago
    Definately the close up and I'd agree that you could do with some slight variations of their heads. Could see this selling very well on here.
    215 weeks ago
    Thanks guys for the feedback!

Here is my reasoning for the design choices... On the shirt color, I like the color as it represents the sand of the planet... But I am definitely open to other ideas... Any requests for colors?

As for the heads, to me I like having the heads the same! That was the joke I was going after! That while they are all in the different poses, the heads are all the same (just like in the movie)...

Thanks again for the feedback! Keep it coming!
    215 weeks ago
    It's iconic..... that's it... all about it!
    is this today gone tomrrow?!
    215 weeks ago
    TBJMayle said: I think this design would look great on heather grey or navy.

-J Mayle

Heather grey the actress?
    215 weeks ago
    we've been down Abbey road so much it's closed for repairs...

but hardcore fans might get a kick out of it

more distinction is needed in the heads...copy paste makes it look cheap
    215 weeks ago
    in fact even in the artist page you can see TOM CLANCY´s portrait... and sorry to say it but is almost same idea but with a really great execution, mebbe u must find another idea.
    214 weeks ago
    Thanks guys...

I'll work on changing the and heads up a bit and try a couple other shirt colors...

>>in fact even in the artist page you can see TOM CLANCY´s portrait... and sorry to say it but is almost same idea but with a really great execution, mebbe u must find another idea.

Unfortunately, I am pretty new to this site still and had not come across that design yet and do admit, it's pretty nice. If I had seen that before I started my design, I may not have moved forward with it, but I do still like my take on the subject... It may not be completely original, but I still think it's a bit clever...
    214 weeks ago
    Okay, here's the art with updated heads and a couple new colored T-shirts... :)

http://www.jasontracewell.com/images/jt-figrin_dan-abbey_road_art2.jpg

http://www.jasontracewell.com/images/jt-figrin_dan-abbey_road_shirt-03.jpg

http://www.jasontracewell.com/images/jt-figrin_dan-abbey_road_shirt-04.jpg
    214 weeks ago
    Ooops... Let's try this again...

jt-figrin_dan-abbey_road_art2.jpg

jt-figrin_dan-abbey_road_shirt-03.jpg

jt-figrin_dan-abbey_road_shirt-04.jpg
    214 weeks ago
    I like the grey, but I think the blue brings the details in the uniforms out more clearly. I would totally buy this shirt! I think the heads were fine they way were, it made them look just like the band in the movie.
    214 weeks ago
    I think this is pretty awesome. Unfortunately, not something I'd wear, but I like the idea and the execution.
    214 weeks ago
    how about an sketch of the background?
    That's would be awesome
    214 weeks ago
    It would be cool if they were toting their instruments!
    214 weeks ago
    it looks great on blue, i like the design its pretty clever and the detail is nice. if you want to be a bit more accurate you can make one of them bare foot :P
    214 weeks ago
    Awesome! The Bith of Chalmun's Catina on Mos Eisley, Tatooine!
    214 weeks ago
    Thanks again everyone for the feedback!

>>I think the heads were fine they way were, it made them look just like the band in the movie.
    Exactly what I was going for! :)

So now after seeing the 2 different versions, what does everyone think? Heads 1 or 2? And colors? I like the grey myself, but Kinky definitely brings up a good point of the blue bringing out the detail better...

It doesn't look like the design is a huge hit here, but I may see if I can get it printed somewhere else...
    214 weeks ago
    the details in heads 2 are better and i think blue might be a better color choise to bring out the design, just my opinion :).
    214 weeks ago
    I like the revised heads but on tan or maybe another color (not blue or gray). I also like the barefoot idea.
    214 weeks ago
    I like the last guy's head in the new version, but I think the middle two guys looked better before. The heads all look a bit small (keep in mind the originals were masks so they're larger than a human head). The hands are a bit weird. They should be the same color as the heads and have defined fingers.
    For reference:
    http://starStars.wikia.com/wiki/File:FigrinDan.jpg
    I like the grey background.
    Nice design!
    213 weeks ago
    mo92 said: I like the one that is up-close better. I like the design, but maybe you could do different people instead of the same one four times.

the whole idea of it is that the Cantina Band was all the same species called the BITH. they all look the same....
    I like the shirt design...and it would look great on the tan, Blue, or even Olive
    213 weeks ago
    Maybe you could make one of them barefoot like on The Beatles pic.