Back to forum
rss 312 weeks ago
Hello everyone, well our first week was just awesome and we have had over 540 people join the Fury!

So we started thinking a little about everyones acconuts and were wondering if we should build a little more functionality to at least allow everyone to interact with each other - so here is the question - if we gave everyone a profile page what should we have on your page?

For example if you clicked on my name "Layne" we would take you to my profile and then we could display stuff about me - here are few things we were thinking - please tell us your ideas and let us know if we should even do this or not:

Profile Page Items:
- Name
- Recent comments
- Recent posts

Should we have:
- Comments on profiles?
- Photo uploads?
- Favorites/friends (be able to make someone your favorite)?
- Favorite artists?
- Email?
- Tees I have purchased?
- Links to other stuff like facebook, flickr, DA, emptees, DBH, anothersite, etc.?

36Comments
    312 weeks ago
    Tees I have purchased would be cool.
    312 weeks ago
    for artists profiles it should have the designs they have had printed.
    312 weeks ago
    this would be an awesome idea as i had been trying to communicate with one of the member but could not so i had to communicate with them on the comments but you should have a private message thingy so you can send messages to each other
    312 weeks ago
    Gosh! I'm liking the Tees I have purchased, photo uploads. Most definitely Tees I have purchased. ;P
    312 weeks ago
    But, also, on the topic of Tees I have purchased, can't we have a gallery of past tees? If for some reason, the artist doesn't want their Tee in the gallery, wouldn't they also not want it on the tees I have purchased?
    312 weeks ago
    I like the idea of more interaction, but not sure what we should include. I also am really happy with the link to websites just by clicking on an artist already...
    312 weeks ago
    Let us include a link to our own websites and all the recent contributions to the community (shirts bought, forums/replies posted, etc.)
    312 weeks ago
    awesome ideas! I especially liked tees I have purchased, photo uploads, and some sort of messaging :D
    311 weeks ago
    Here are my 2 cents of things I'd like to see.

Name:
    Email:
    About the member:
    Friends List:
    Comments:
    tees bought:
    photo uploads:
    number of dead birds:
    favorite artist:
    member status:
    "Add me as a friend function"
    Latest post:
    "send private message to member function"

- david
    311 weeks ago
    I like the "tees purchased" thing.

Would also like the Private Messaging function. Don't like leaving my e-mail visible on websites ;)
    311 weeks ago
    definitely like the idea of profiles and interaction with other members. and the "tees i have purchased" is a must!
    311 weeks ago
    I'm definitely in for just about everything David said up there.

And just like everyone else, the tees purchased thing would be great. I also like the idea of favorite shirts/favorite artists.
    311 weeks ago
    You should have a special staff insignia on staff members' avatars so we know whether the person we're talking to is a chosen one or a just a pleb :)
    311 weeks ago
    All good thoughts! keep em comin!
    311 weeks ago
    i'd say keep it simple, adding profile comments and all that is a little too "social networking". Tee Purchased would be cool, also an e-mail link.

311 weeks ago
    Maybe a delete post button for your own posts. Or an anti-flood (you must wait 15 seconds before posting again) or something. Because I just doubled posted by accident. =(
    311 weeks ago
    In bringing member profiles to life, I can really see Teefury establishing a social-network cult with a common interest in limited edition tees. There is lots of potential for this website and its community for sure.
    311 weeks ago
    A small suggestion that I would appreciate is an auto-login check box...
    307 weeks ago
    I think it's always a good idea to push the community aspects, and also it would be nice to see pictures of the tees people have bought. It's kind of reassuring when you see that the printed tees look really great. The only place to see that now is in the one blog where people were posting pictures. A gallery of product pictures would be a great form of promotion and also give the site a little record of its own history as time passes.
    307 weeks ago
    Rather than a user profile page, just the ability to send private messages would be helpful.
    307 weeks ago
    would love to see which shirts I bought, and also what other peoples got.
    306 weeks ago
    Would it be possible to make the "tees I have purchased" function optional? Some people really, really get into the idea that if someone hasn't bought a tee yet, they have little or no right to say anything about a tee that's up for sale. It's gotten to be like a caste system over at Woot, some play "better-than" and "less-than", and some take it so far that it just gets to be like an over-the-top judgmental thing. If someone wants to display all the shirts they've bought, they can utilize it, but if another person prefers to keep their purchase history private, they would be able to do that. Not everyone has a lot of disposable income to buy lots of shirts! And nobody wants to be judged on that basis. :)
    306 weeks ago
    That is not a feature of Woot. Those people that display all their purchases do that themselves in their signatures. It is not something Woot makes available as an option.
    306 weeks ago
    I think he may actually be referring to the little bar next to peoples names on woot which says approximately how many woots you have. I don't really have a problem with it but then again I never really look at it either :P
    306 weeks ago
    I know that, but thank you for pointing that out that very obvious fact, and here's another one: if you look at people's user names on Woot, there is a little colored box next to them that shows how many tee shirts a person has bought. That's what I'm talking about. It does not show exactly WHICH shirts a person has bought, I am well aware of that, but it's the same idea. Some people judge others by how many shirts they've bought. I am attempting to give Layne a heads-up in an effort to avoid that kind of thing here.
  • Load More Comments