Back to forum
rss 231 weeks ago
Here is a design I finished a couple of days ago and submitted for approval.

Give me some opinions, love, hate or whatever.

[URL=http://img704.imageshack.us/i/pipboysmall.png/][IMG]http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/9996/pipboysmall.png[/IMG][/URL]
17Comments
    231 weeks ago
    Sorry :)

pipboysmall.png
    231 weeks ago
    I can't really see the appeal as it's literally just a standard picture of pipboy. I generally like designs where the art interests me (this is far too plain for this and hopefully not traced, based on image searching pipboy) and the subject is just a little too uninspired and unoriginal for something I'd expect to see it on here. Good clean lines though! This may seem somewhat brutal of an answer but if you've drawn this from scratch then you obviously have some skill, just maybe you need to think about the subject of your tee designs a bit more.
    231 weeks ago
    Just an idea that popped into my head that is kind of random and alot of people wouldn't get the mixed reference to, but..you should have the vault boy doing a pose like Atomic Robo here, except with the nuke from Fallout 3 in Megaton

Photobucket
    231 weeks ago
    thanks for the input. Yes, I do agree it is unoriginal, but that was my original intention, since I really like the character. It may seem a bit too boring for this site, but when I look at it it reminds me of the game and that's what I was going for.

I like the idea with the bomb, but I doubt I will have time to get around to it :(
    231 weeks ago
    otis!
    Time is not your enemy! You always have time when it comes to art.

Nothing should ever come before art. Not even eating!
    Except maybe, Eating Art! :D
    salvador-dal%C3%AD-freuds-perverse-polymorph-bulgarian-child-eating-a-rat-c-1939.jpg
    231 weeks ago
    I like it a lot, but agree that it is too plain for this site, maybe try to do something with all the different poses pipboy does with the perk illustrations, or make it interesting in your own way.
    230 weeks ago
    Did you do these as well?
    Found all over the internet.

283999-200623_pipboy_t_shirt_design_by_thecoconutguy_large.jpg

pipboy300.jpg
    230 weeks ago
    This one too?

Pipboy.png
    230 weeks ago
    I would actually really love to see a Fallout tee, but this is way too simple. It really is exactly like every standard picture of Pipboy that you can find on the internet.
    230 weeks ago
    im a fallout fan and the art seems cool but isnt this a bit of copy write infrigment? the original art and your drawing look very similar.
    230 weeks ago
    also, sadly teefury never seems to print any video game related tee's :[
    230 weeks ago
    malix said: also, sadly teefury never seems to print any video game related tee's :[

they printed some of them.. i remember at least 2 marios bross related
    230 weeks ago
    i know but with mario at that point its more iconic exploding bacteria than game related. there was a game shark shirt which sadly i missed :(
    227 weeks ago
    Pipboy is such a like able little fella.

Merged with some other pop bacteria reference I think it would make a great shirt.
    227 weeks ago
    I think you should do something wher ethe pipboy is active. I loved fallout 3. For ideas you might want to look at the photos of achievements or the perks in the game. They're pretty cool
    227 weeks ago
    or with that little Hawaiian dancer/bobble that pops up in various movies and games: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Hulagirl_Bobblehead
    227 weeks ago
    otis said: thanks for the input. Yes, I do agree it is unoriginal, but that was my original intention, since I really like the character. It may seem a bit too boring for this site, but when I look at it it reminds me of the game and that's what I was going for.

I like the idea with the bomb, but I doubt I will have time to get around to it :(

That's really the laziest thing I've ever heard from an artist. At least try to make some attempt at being creative with your subject. Just wanting to reproduce the character is really a poor place to aim, even if that's what you were "going for." Just slapping a favorite character on a shirt is not enough, there has to be some kind of concept there.
    And what do you mean you have no time? You have the rest of your life, there's no deadline.