Back to forum
rss 298 weeks ago
Hey everybody, Sokowa over at shirt.woot had a shirt in derby #47 that placed 4th and unfortunately did not get printed :/ her design was awesome though and I'd absolutely love to see it on a shirt, as I'm sure others would! Anyway here's the link to the shirt in case you guys here at teefury want to check it out.... and maybe print it! ;D http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=17686
29Comments
    298 weeks ago
    298 weeks ago
    I remember this shirt from the derby. I really wanted it to win. Far too few of my shirts feature lighthouse art.
    298 weeks ago
    whoa thats pretty cool! does this artist have a portfolio or some links we can check out ?
    298 weeks ago
    I'm not sure if she has a portfolio but I do know she has been printed at least once over at shirt.woot. http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2369628 That's the link, and I know if you have a account over there you can just send her a pm :) I've talked to her a couple times and I know she's had multiple entry designs in each of the last 4 or 5 derbys that I've seen =) Also she was interested in getting this shirt printed elsewhere when I talked to her although I don't think the 60 days has expired yet for her to get the rights back from woot. Anyway see if you can get in touch with her because she's had some fantastic designs!
    298 weeks ago
    Sokowa makes some great designs for sure.
    297 weeks ago
    Yea I liked this one too. I don't like how people vote on woot most of the time. A lot of follow the leader voting and sometimes it just seems like popularity contest.
    297 weeks ago
    yeah agreed. The voting system is really good in theory, it just doesn't always translate to the best shirts getting printed. I think this shirt is an example of that. There is no way that the rodent/mouse acorn house design should have won over this (and it showed in sales), but what can you do? You win some you lose some :) It would be awesome if it could get printed here though! Did you get in contact with her layne?
    297 weeks ago
    I love the rodent house ... The light house is beautiful but asphalt is an ugly color for T's
    297 weeks ago
    Layne, if you want to see all Sokowa's past Derby entries you can go to
    http://shirtderbystats.com/pstats.asp?owner=sokowa and flip through all the Derbies she has entered and see her different styles. She is quite talented and worthy of printing.
    297 weeks ago
    cool! thanks for that snarky, I didn't know there was a site that did that. By the way her entries start at the Winter derby I believe.
    297 weeks ago
    yeah, I'd definitely head over to Soko's shirtderbystats page, and from there contact her at woot. Sadly I don't think she has any official portfolio besides that.

and hey, if lighthouse isn't useable yet, I'm sure you could chat about some other design.
    297 weeks ago
    Hi guys. Had no clue this was going on :) Thank you all so much, this is awesome. Sadly, Adder is right, I don't have an official site . . .yet :) So the shirtstat page is it (I'll try to get something simple up soon).
    BTW for those that liked the lighthouse style, I also made this around the same time . . .
    http://www.polysoup.com/images/sonoftheserengeti_detail.jpg
    Pretty much everything is available to be printed (i.e. it's just sitting in my harddrive). I think the lighthouse is mine again next week. If anyone is interested in any of these I'd be thrilled to have it printed and will do what I can to help.
    297 weeks ago
    hi sokowa! glad to see you on here :) I'm definitely hoping for the lighthouse, and I've really liked most of your designs. The thing I especially like about this design that I'd like to see you try more is the concept. It's kinda that outdoorsy feel without being the standard tree/bird nature shirt like everybody else seems to do :D anyway I know you've got tons of ideas up there and I always like seeing them!
    297 weeks ago
    Glad you made it over here Soko :-)
    297 weeks ago
    I would love to see a few of your others printed as well, Sokowa. Bug is Beautiful comes to mind (since it was just up for voting again last week).
    296 weeks ago
    Thanks! Who doesn't like cockroaches with tutu's? Well we still have two more "do over favorites" left this week at woot so we'll see if Bug is a winner. Though it scored very low in votes (not that it matters). I'm almost done with a simple website, after that I'll post and see if Layne takes a fancy to any of them :) Thanks to Gambit for lighting a fire under my tush to get something up and running. Over time the site will mature into something respectable.
    296 weeks ago
    All right, step one complete (and a big step indeed)
    Polysoup is up. I have to thank my boyfriend for pounding out the javascteefurycopy in an evening. I look forward to polishing the title, text, etc as I have time.
    Next . . . get on the artist page here and start submitting.
    296 weeks ago
    awesome sokowa!!! :D I'm glad you got all that together so soon.. well soon relatively speaking anyway :) Can't wait to see that artist page go up!
    296 weeks ago
    bahahaha you honestly have some of the funniest shirts! my favorites are going green (although the shirt being green as well might make it indistinguishable green ^_^), coming home (obviously), energy rush, and Armageddon! keep it up! =D
    296 weeks ago
    Hooray!! It's nice to see all of my favorite Sokowa designs on one page. Nice site.
    296 weeks ago
    So many amazing designs. I hope TeeFury prints them all.
    296 weeks ago
    I hope they don't... surely other sites (with swanker payouts even) might want a couple ;)
    296 weeks ago
    Hey soko it's awesome to see you on the artists page!! congrats :D
    296 weeks ago
    Well, I submitted Coming Home to teefury now that the 60 days is up. Thanks again Gambit for giving me the motivation to get the site and this shirt back into circulation. (I just hope on the off chance it gets printed that it will meet your expectations o.O)
    296 weeks ago
    Hooray!
  • Load More Comments