Back to forum
rss 299 weeks ago
I'm wondering how these shirts fit as I am confused with the chart.

Are they similar to American Apparel?
53Comments
    299 weeks ago
    Our (TeeFury Size Chart is a little confusing when comparing with AA - the Width is just one half - so for example to compare with the AA chart just look at the width and double it:

For example for our mens Large (TeeFury Size Chart):

lengtLength: 31 in. Width: 22 in. (or 44 inch chest)

AA Large is (AA Size Chart): 42-44 inches in the chest

So they are pretty close in fit.

298 weeks ago
    I don't like how AA shirts run pretty lengthy (tshirts should not go way below the waist to cover the jeans' pockets!); and it seems that my AA mediums are not always the same size! I really hope TF shirts come with less deviation and a bit shorter.
    Waiting for my first to decide whether I need to up a size or not.
    298 weeks ago
    sleimanbs, come back and tell us how the length runs on these shirts. (I actually like my shirts a bit longer, but either way it would be cool to know what the length is like as well)
    298 weeks ago
    I like them longer, I really feel uncomfortable when my jean pockets are not covered, ha. So let us know, I sure would like to before buying one.
    298 weeks ago
    Are the shirts the same as the ones from DBH?
    298 weeks ago
    I'd like to know how they fit also...I just bought a MS last week and I'm hoping it will be about the same as a MS american apparel shirt.
    298 weeks ago
    ah this is something I just remembered that I'd really like to see implemented, layne, next to the shirt color or something do you think you guys could put what size shirt the models are wearing? I think that helps a lot when you dont know how a t-shirt will fit yet from personal experience
    298 weeks ago
    What I believe, which may be wrong, is that the models are wearing a plain shirt and the image is edited on.
    297 weeks ago
    Model size is a good idea - buying clothes online is tough - I mean nothing really beats going in a store and feeling the fabric, trying things on etc. I think what we could do to is maybe do some standard model shots showing each size for mens and womens. here is a quick photo I took the other day showing the wash shrinkage (one of my pet peeves with tees - I get really bummed when they shrink) - so this image is WORST case scenerio - I washed on hot and dried on hot - as hot as I could go to TRY to shrink the tee - here are the results:

297 weeks ago
    I might actually give the hot/hot treatment a try as my shirt just came in today and mens' medium looked a fair bit larger than I was expecting.

But printing and feel of the shirt pre-wash were excellent. Not the thin cotton your finding with some current printers, but I prefer a touch more heft.

So where does the apostrophe belong on t-shirt size possesives?
    297 weeks ago
    I'm soooo dissapointed! I usually wear a women's small, sometimes a Medium....I carefully checked measurements etc, before ordering. I can barely get my women's medium on. I'll definately have to handwash and dry it or it'll be useless. I love the "hope" design but may have to do some surgery to it just to wear it. My reccomendation would be to size up for sure.
    297 weeks ago
    After washing Hope on a hot/hot cycle, I saw a lot of shrinkage. Vivetteab's suggestion to size up might not be a bad idea.
    297 weeks ago
    I hate getting a shirt that fits great and then have it shortened by shrinkage. =(
    297 weeks ago
    I'd suggest ordering up two sizes. My XXL fits more like a small XL, and when I wash and dry it, it'll probably fit my child. Bummer.
    297 weeks ago
    I really dislike the sizing of most shirts from Design By Humans...I bought 8 shirts all the same size, and some fit perfectly, some too big, and some too small...all were washed together and dried together...very weird.
    297 weeks ago
    Got mine yesterday, (XXL) fit about the same as an AA XXL (as expected), both of which DO run small, I'd really say order a size up if possible.

All in all the shirts are great, the print job was well done, and the shirts are comfortable, and have the right amount of heft to them.
    297 weeks ago
    got the j3concepts one yesterday and it fits really well. they fit looser than AA shirts.

I will post pics later when I get home from work
    297 weeks ago
    Maybe I'm just a total noob (is that still vernacular slang?) but I'll never understand why places like American Apparel and the like don't just A) make their shirts bigger than normal pre-washing (making an XL closer to a 2X before washing, but truer to size after), or else B) Pre-wash. I would think that would be an ideal idea, but maybe that's just me.
    296 weeks ago
    FWIW...

I'm a six foot five inch male, 175 pounds (so yes, I'm basically a rail), and I just got a medium in the mail today.
    Very similar to AA, but not quite as long and slender. The fabric is fairly light and thin too, which is nice.
    It fits like a glove atm, but if I were to shrink it in the wash it'd be too small.

So yeah, order a size up.
    296 weeks ago
    posted a picture in this thread: Let's see your TeeFury shirt in person

I think the shirts fit nicely. They are soft and lighter weight. I can wear a small or medium depending on the brand, but I got a TeeFury small and I've got plenty of room. I haven't washed it yet though, so I will report back if it shrinks significantly.
    296 weeks ago
    I will say, after just getting mine-- Woman's Small:

It's rather long. Longer than most shirts in my closet! I was quite surprised. But I'm not complaining! Before first wash, it fits rather well. I'll be posting a picture of me in it tomorrow. :) I just can't be fussed to mess with the D-SLR this late at night...
    296 weeks ago
    I ordered jellybot in three mens smalls...or...I thought I did anyways, but I ended up receiving 2 smalls and a womens extra large. I'll probably give the XL away or something...ah well. I'll post pics tomorrow of how the MS fits on me.

A tad disappointed with my order but I'll live. It took longer than expected. I got the $7 shipping which said 2-5 days but didn't get here until 8 days later. But I'm still happy that jellybot was printed :)
    296 weeks ago
    so now I'm confused...

I just put on my Wotto shirt for the first time and it fits smaller and feels a bit heavier than my j3 concepts shirt. It still fits me alright, but I'm confused about one being lighter weight and looser and one being heavier weight and more snug.
    296 weeks ago
    I'm still waiting for my thor shirt to get here so I can check the sizing. Luckily I ordered the largest womens size, so I can always shrink them if need be, but if they fit like my woot shirts they'll be a tad long, and tight across the chest no matter what.
    296 weeks ago
    Just got my jellybot shirt, it printed great! I am 5'8 female and 135 pounds, broad shoulders, and order size medium from anothersite. This time I ordered a size large (because of advice to order up a size). The shirt is really long (which works for me because I'm tall), it's almost too long. It is definitely larger than a anothersite medium, so I tried to shrink it. It shrunk just a little bit...not as much as I had hoped, though it still fits decently. Next time I will order a medium!
  • Load More Comments