Back to forum
rss 313 weeks ago
Awesome site!

Is there a way to see shirts that were up on previous days but no longer for sale? If there isn't, this would be a doubleplusgood feature!
26Comments
    313 weeks ago
    I am interested on everyones feedback on this issue - here are the kinks we need to debate/iron out:

1) Artists retain FULL rights to there artwork on Tee Fury, so when you see a new Fury everyday with a new artist, they are just "renting" their art to us for the day to sell and produce. Some feel having an archive of old shirts we featured may jeopardize an artists ability to sell this design to other sites/companies. So - if the artists WANT to have their work displayed then we can do it.

2) The other challenge here is a selfish one - basically we want everyone coming back to the site everyday or at least getting an update from the site everyday via RSS (I'm building this right now), twitter etc. So - does providing the old legacy Fury shirts make the site less sticky or reduce frequent daily visits?

Those are the two issues I struggle with - but I would love to hear what everyone else thinks.

Of course, there is nothing stopping someone from posting Todays, yesterdays and every Fury in the forums themselves . . .
    313 weeks ago
    My opinion on the matter:

1. I can understand this issue from the artist standpoint. But I think that most artists are going to reveal this information anyway so that it doesn't come back to haunt them later on.

2. I don't think it could really hurt to show previous shirts, in fact I think it would only entice people to visit more often. For example, if I came on yesterday for the first time and saw the batman tee (which is not my particular style of tee) I would be less inclined to visit daily if that's all I thought TF had to offer.

No matter what you still have to visit daily if you want to purchase a shirt because after 24 hours its gone.
    313 weeks ago
    Very good points - best place to implement? just add a forum tab? link on the home page which says "Past Tees"?

If we do show the old shirts (and comments) I just know service is going to get flooded with "Hey I tried to buy that awesome Jimiyo shirt but I can't! whats the deal??" - I will build a little gallery then of all the past tees - when you click on them it shows the old comments (and allows for ongoing discussion on the tees) - and if an artist wants us to remove one then no prob - we will just hide theirs. Any other suggestions or thoughts on how this could be really cool?
    313 weeks ago
    i don't think you need to put comments, just the shirt graphic and the date it was up...call it something like "Hall of Fame"
    312 weeks ago
    This is a good idea. I spent at least 10 minutes last night trying to find a link that showed the previous tees :D.
    312 weeks ago
    i'm with noFunk, it would be cool to have just an 'archived' page, with all previous teefury tees, without comments or anything, but maybe just a link to the artists site on each design.
    that wy, people could see what they missed out on, and even find out where to go to get one if it happened to be produced somewhere else by that artist later on.
    sound good? :)
    312 weeks ago
    Btw
    1)artist is allowed to print that shirt later or not? In case he can this would be first place to come for them.
    2)Have you everr considered some kind of once a month event, could be called ''Fury''. Reprint the best shirt (fastest sold or using some other criteria)
    3)Guys hoodies would be bloody awesome! Also it would make you more unique..
    3.1 cause afaik almost no1 is making hoodie contest
    3.2 selling hoodies along the shirts would fit with the your values of 1 per day.. you would just have 1 hoodie 1 shirt
    3.3 Summer is almost over and at autumn/winter hoodies will be in season.
    3.4 You can probably print them at same place
    3.5 Artists have many different sites mentioned that sell their shirts, but hoodie would immediately stand out.
    3.6 As new company this could extra edge to you marketing and traffic.

Just my 5 euro cents.
    312 weeks ago
    I also like the idea of a hall of fame section with links to the artist website. btw the artist section on here is really cool. Looking forward to seeing this site grow.
    312 weeks ago
    i second that arrow, this is a really neat, fresh concept for a tshirt site, im excited to see it grow as well.
    312 weeks ago
    I think an archive section is needed to set the bar for designers coming to the site to see what has printed before. Should help to stop masses of designs coming forward that are a bit shoddy. :)
    312 weeks ago
    I totally agree with Wotto, its always nice to see all the other winning shirts! Also have you guys thought about putting up images of people/customers wearing the shirts? or is that a little too anothersite?
    312 weeks ago
    I say keep it simple and only show the shirt of the day.
    311 weeks ago
    if it's a problem showing the artists work, but crediting them with a link to their site wouldn't help...hmmm, maybe we could send in photos of us WEARING the shirt. of course, then the site would be bombarded with photos. hmmm, just an idea.
    311 weeks ago
    i think rather than miles and miles of built up tee designs that most people will never look at, it would be a good idea to have a "last weeks designs" section. it would have to be updated everyday of course, but it would give the artists recognition for an entire week and new comers to the site would be able to see the wide range of designs that are chosen as the tee of the day.
    311 weeks ago
    I agree with Cuzzi in that the tees would quickly build if there were to be an archive. The art featured here is so diverse that even an archive of a week's worth of work would do the trick for anyone who was curious... The RSS still gets to be the primary reference point for ALL of the previous tees.
    311 weeks ago
    maybe just a page with thumbnails???
    311 weeks ago
    I believe there definitely has to be a way for a visitor to the site to see all the past shirts, whether it be thumbnails or full comps with links to the artist's websites. But, either way, it must be done.

You could use this page as a style guide or template (its not mine btw):
    http://www.homeiswherethetvis.com/wootshirts/

Each thumbnail lead to the Woot page selling that shirt. In this case, it could be used to link to the artist's website.

311 weeks ago
    Yep, I'd like to see past shirts. I was trying to find the one I bought yesterday to show a friend... it's kinda weird not being able to look back on your purchase.
    311 weeks ago
    I agree whole artedly. As a shirt artist, I love any residual exposure, plus I think it's neat to look back through if I (gasp) forgot to check Teefury on a given day.

311 weeks ago
    I second being able to see past shirts. It doesn't have to be anything fancy like someone else said even a thumbnail gallery with click through links to the artist's site would be great. Besides being able to see past designs I think it helps newbies (like me - when I got here I clicked all over the place trying to find an 'old tees' section ;) get a feel for what kind of place tee fury is and for artists - the kind of designs that'll get accepted/printed.
    311 weeks ago
    While you're waiting for this feature to be implemented, you can see all past TeeFury designs in the Shirts on Sale TeeFury archive.
    311 weeks ago
    Also...if you have the RSS feed. You can see past shirts there also.
    311 weeks ago
    The RSS feed is great because it has both the model and detail pictures.
    311 weeks ago
    Thanks for the link, Shirts on Sale.

I've forgotten to check the site a couple of days, so I definitely like to see what I missed. I'm still getting used to have a new site to check every day. ;-)

It also helped because a friend of mine received a wrong or extra shirt on accident, and I was able to look up which shirt it was she received.

In short, I'm all for some sort of gallery of past shirts!
    310 weeks ago
    I think an archive of past designs is a really good idea in terms of building a bit of 'equity' into the Tee Fury proposition. I think it will add some character to the brand/site which in turn will encourage punters to buy into it. As it stands right now, if I were a new customer coming to the site for the first time I think I might find it a bit bare and one dimensional.

That's what I think anyhow
  • Load More Comments