Back to forum
rss 227 weeks ago
Hey, i've got an idea, but I have a few questions about it. I may as well tell everyone the idea, I don't have the skillz to design it or create it properly.

The design is a colored shirt with a black shadow of someone dancing with a white ipod and ipod cords showing, behind them someone also completely black holding a white knife or a shadow of someone about to stab them or somthing.

The words in bold: 'iGotstabbed' and non bold, smaller font below that 'never heard em coming' both in white using Arial font which I think is what apple used. The name being a take off of the stupid little i in front of Pod to make 'iPod.'

The whole idea is reminiscent/ a take off of the iPod ads AND isn't 100% original, the original ad of course being copywrighted and backed up by the big scary lawyers with big scary dogs which leaves me with ... bo diddley squat and no tee idea.

is it legal? Can I make billions upon millions?
I also didn't know how to post a picture so I just did this. :S
8Comments
    227 weeks ago
    I'm not a legal expert or anything, but I do believe that your ideal falls under "parody" and is, thus, entirely and completely legal. WesleyCrusher, Teefury prints at least one Star Wars shirt a week and as far as I know, Lucasfilm can't touch 'em because it's all done under the guise of "parody" so, I think you're okay.
    226 weeks ago
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it's perfectly legal.
    I might actually give this a shot. I'll PM you the link if I do :)
    226 weeks ago
    I know you didn't ask for a critique, but if you, or someone else, is going to do this I think you don't need all that text. I think simply just having "iStab" would be better.
    226 weeks ago
    You don't want to over explain your joke.
    226 weeks ago
    I agree-wholeheartedly-with thestray
    226 weeks ago
    It's Adobe Myriad. Arial is so over.
    I think I'd like it better without the person in front. Have just the one person looking like a creeper, holding a knife and "iStab" is good.
    I'd like to make that.
    226 weeks ago
    226 weeks ago
    ta people :)
    I've had the idea for sooo long, like I said I have no experience, I just thought of the idea.
    thanks 'Seno' or 'GaleRains' if you guys could collaborate (argue) over the design, the idea could fly into the clouds from an updraft from a post on the forum...

Arial is a bit of a rookie font... :D