have two days every week for pop refreshes and once fay a week for something artsy or something like that
19Comments
    230 weeks ago
    There is no problem.
    230 weeks ago
    There is no spoon.

Oops. By saying that I just proved the pop culture reference problem. Woe be the paradox!
    230 weeks ago
    Raikus said: There is no spoon.

Oops. By saying that I just proved the pop culture reference problem. Woe be the paradox!

Har Har.
    230 weeks ago
    i cant find the right words now to explain but you read the comments section on any shirt then clearly people don't agree
    230 weeks ago
    I don't like the pop culture reference shirts either, but obviously some people do. Tee Fury originally didn't do many shirts like that, but they're trying to appeal to a bigger audience now and it's working. It would just be nice if they weren't all the exact same reference. (star wars and obama)
    230 weeks ago
    matt2kool said: It would just be nice if they weren't all the exact same reference. (star wars and obama)

I'm still waiting for the perfect blending of those two worlds: the Obama Wan Kenobi tee.
    230 weeks ago
    Factoid: The best selling shirt this week was the most hated by the people who commented. Does that tell you something?
    230 weeks ago
    jimiyo said: Factoid: The best selling shirt this week was the most hated by the people who commented. Does that tell you something?

It tells me that it is very easy to judge the tastes of a fanbase where you already know their tastes. What it doesn't say is that the shirts are better. It also says that you are going to draw a very particular customer base to the loss of everything else completely limiting your ability to sell anything else causing a downward spiral after which you will have no choice but to sell Star Wars shirts everyday because you've alienated everyone else.
    230 weeks ago
    Hahaha. That reminds me of how some people were ranting about how "3 Keyboard Cat Moon" was going to be the downfall of anothersite if it printed (didn't happen). You can't print any kind of shirts without alienating some people.
    230 weeks ago
    thestray said: Hahaha. That reminds me of how some people were ranting about how "3 Keyboard Cat Moon" was going to be the downfall of anothersite if it printed (didn't happen). You can't print any kind of shirts without alienating some people.

That was one shirt in hundreds. The point is that you can't only print one kind of shirts without alienating people.
    230 weeks ago
    You can't NOT alienate people if you're a business, because it's impossible to sell something for everyone. My point was just that people make a big deal out of nothing.
    And comments don't necessarily reflect what the majority of people feel. People with extreme opinions just like voicing them more than people with more moderate opinions, and also the internet has bred a culture of negativity. So you're going to get a lot of complaining no matter what, "Ugh, a skull." "Ugh, an animal." "Another black shirt? Seriously?" "meow." "Just no." "This is the 3rd Star Wars tee this week!"
    I doubt any kind of "downward spiral" will happen because they've printed a lot of Star Wars tees or that they'll be forced to print any one kind of thing. I think it'll all be alright.
    229 weeks ago
    You guys take this stuff too seriously. You get seven shirts a week, 30 shirts (on average) a month, YOU'RE NOT GOING TO LIKE SOME OF THEM, and some of them you will, it's simple math guys. Just chill. There's room for everyone.
    229 weeks ago
    jimiyo said: Factoid: The best selling shirt this week was the most hated by the people who commented. Does that tell you something?
    Ehh, the only people who comment are the ones who complain?
    229 weeks ago
    If you dont like the art, then design something yourself and submit it. Pretty sure one of the mods said they arent getting many submissions so they are printing what they can get. So until you have your own art up on a Teefury shirt, stop complaining.

I get it, not every shirt they print is for everyone, but when all you do is come on day after day and complain, why are you still here? Like Roboroller said, there are roughly 30 shirts a month, you arent going to like all of them, and yes there are recurring themes. Get over it. It happens everywhere, I mean half of the clothes we wear in this century are based off of clothes from the 50's and 70's.

I Like all the shirts on Teefury actually, because as an artist myself, i can see why people do the art that gets printed here. Art is meant to be fun, not cater to your every whim. You have to remember that the Artists arent going to have the same tastes as you.

So please stop with the Bashing? Constructive Criticism is more than welcome everywhere on Teefury and here, but the blatant bashing everyday needs to calm down some.

P.S. I had to post a variation of this on Facebook too.
    229 weeks ago
    Ultimate Factoid: The factoid wins!
    229 weeks ago
    i'm always on the lookout for sweet art designs :). obviously a lot of them aren't great sellers, because while they're awesome, they have less mainstream appeal. it's a difficult line to cross, because you don't want to offend the designer by having it end up selling poorly.

that being said, i don't necessarily think the current wave of pop culture designs is a problem, because it doesn't define what will be printed in the future. it won't always be pop culture designs. this is an evolving business with awesome new artists being constantly discovered. you never know what may turn up!
    229 weeks ago
    sonmi said: i'm always on the lookout for sweet art designs :). obviously a lot of them aren't great sellers, because while they're awesome, they have less mainstream appeal. it's a difficult line to cross, because you don't want to offend the designer by having it end up selling poorly.

that being said, i don't necessarily think the current wave of pop culture designs is a problem, because it doesn't define what will be printed in the future. it won't always be pop culture designs. this is an evolving business with awesome new artists being constantly discovered. you never know what may turn up!

+1

Sonmi brings in the cool artsy stuff. There are some Im excited that Sonmi has been able to get for TF.

229 weeks ago
    thestray said: You can't NOT alienate people if you're a business, because it's impossible to sell something for everyone.

And comments don't necessarily reflect what the majority of people feel. People with extreme opinions just like voicing them more than people with more moderate opinions, and also the internet has bred a culture of negativity.
    jimiyo said: There is no problem.

Quoted all this for truth. This week, two dudes kissed on TV, garnering 1500 calls of complaint. The rest of America didn't care, yet when it came to the news headline it was "Americans complain about TV Kiss".

Also, businesses need to make money, and a good strategy for that is by appealing to people with something you know they will like. Billions of dollars and three decades of marketing show people like SW, and a variety of other memes.
    229 weeks ago
    It also says that you are going to draw a very particular customer base to the loss of everything else completely limiting your ability to sell anything else causing a downward spiral after which you will have no choice but to sell Star Wars shirts everyday because you've alienated everyone else.

Business does not work the way you think it does.