Back to forum
image
rss 236 weeks ago
Who needs an app for TeeFury, when you can check ALL YOUR DAILY TEE SITES AT ONCE. Epic, right?





Coming to an App Store near you.
35Comments
  • image
    236 weeks ago
    oh man, my shirts on there. so cool
  • image
    236 weeks ago
    Okay so I know what 3 of those sites are but I can't figure out the other 3...what are they?
  • image
    236 weeks ago
    sick

    what sites are included and when is this coming out?!
  • image
    236 weeks ago
    First row:
    DBH
    Uneetee
    Shirt.woot

    Second row:
    Teextile
    Teefury
    teefurycopy Apparel


    personally, he's missing loads more.
  • image
    236 weeks ago
    If this is being extracted from http://www.teemagnet.com/ as it appears to me, you can see the sites that are shown on that site. Considering the hours that I have invested in coding that site, I would strongly recommend that the app gives a whole lot of credit to the source.
  • image
    236 weeks ago
    row = column
    it's been a long day and it's not even 3 yet.
  • image
    236 weeks ago
    JadenKale - What other sites would you like to see? I'm obviously open to more.

    bluchez - I actually contact the head of teemagnet, and they weren't interested in a partnership. I'm getting the images all on my own, nothing is coming from teemagnet at all. The list of t-shirt places came from my personal list that I frequent every day. If there are other daily tee sites that I'm unaware, I'd love to toss them up.
  • image
    236 weeks ago
    vilcsak said: The list of t-shirt places came from my personal list that I frequent every day. If there are other daily tee sites that I'm unaware, I'd love to toss them up.


    Wow, weird coincidence that the daily sites you check are the exact same ones I chose for TeeMagnet. What are the odds :/

    Kind of annoying that your response to the fact that I couldn't afford your fees was to duplicate my site's content.
  • image
    236 weeks ago
    Your site has infinitely more content than mine does - I have nothing beyond those 6 sites.

    As far as I am aware, those are the only daily tee sites on the internet, no? If that's the case, then we're obviously going to have the same list.
  • image
    236 weeks ago
    I've redesigned it with an idea from Coty Gonzales - it looks nothing like TeeMagnet now. I was never intending to steal your users - I just wanted a more convenient way to check the sites from my phone. You have my email, if you'd like to drop me a line, by all means, please do. I'd gladly include the news items from your site within the app or something if you're interested.

    b996zd.jpg
  • image
    236 weeks ago
    vilcsak said: I've redesigned it with an idea from Coty Gonzales - it looks nothing like TeeMagnet now. I was never intending to steal your users - I just wanted a more convenient way to check the sites from my phone. You have my email, if you'd like to drop me a line, by all means, please do. I'd gladly include the news items from your site within the app or something if you're interested.

    b996zd.jpg


    Oh yeah, when can I get it!!!
  • image
    236 weeks ago
    I like the first version better with just the pictures.

    and to teemagnet/mj: those are probably the 6 most popular sites to check within the online daily t-shirt world. while it was a good idea to make a site that shows all 6 in one place, you can't get mad at this dude for stealing YOUR content, cause it's not yours. it's teefury's, designbyhuman's, teextile's, teefurycopy apparel's, shirt.woot's, and uneetee's.
  • image
    236 weeks ago
    matt2kool said: and to teemagnet/mj: those are probably the 6 most popular sites to check within the online daily t-shirt world. while it was a good idea to make a site that shows all 6 in one place, you can't get mad at this dude for stealing YOUR content, cause it's not yours. it's teefury's, designbyhuman's, teextile's, teefurycopy apparel's, shirt.woot's, and uneetee's.


    Heh. As I stated previously, I was annoyed that he asked me for money to create this for my site, and that when I declined his price he used the exact same formatting as my site to do it for himself. The content I was annoyed about was the format of my site, AND the specific sites featured. If it was one or the other, no big deal (and in fact the redesign is 100% cool with me). I just think the similarities made it look like all the research he did on daily shirts (and on how to display that information) was limited to looking at my site.
  • image
    236 weeks ago
    MJ said:
    Heh. As I stated previously, I was annoyed that he asked me for money to create this for my site, and that when I declined his price he used the exact same formatting as my site to do it for himself. The content I was annoyed about was the format of my site, AND the specific sites featured. If it was one or the other, no big deal (and in fact the redesign is 100% cool with me). I just think the similarities made it look like all the research he did on daily shirts (and on how to display that information) was limited to looking at my site.


    Agreed that the format looks very similar but at the same time your site just features thumbnails of the images from those 6 sites. that's no groundbreaking format and is very commonly used all over the internet these days. (every blog ever for example) And as I stated before, those 6 sites are the most popular daily tee sites, which is why you chose to put them on your site, so it could easily be a coincidence that he featured those 6.

    I'm not on anyone's side here, just saying that this dude is using public information/images that are available for anyone to post anywhere they feel like. It might look similar to your site, but that's what happens when someone comes up with a good idea.

    "Imitation is the sincerest of flattery."
  • image
    236 weeks ago
    "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

    (still no edit button HINT HINT)
  • image
    235 weeks ago
    Thanks everyone. Hopefully available within a week. It's been submitted for approval, I'll let you know as soon as Apple gives it the green light.
  • image
    234 weeks ago
    vilcsak said: Thanks everyone. Hopefully available within a week. It's been submitted for approval, I'll let you know as soon as Apple gives it the green light.


    Can't wait to download this app.
  • image
    234 weeks ago
    It's approved! It should be in the app store around midnight tonight.

    I'd really like to grow this in to an app for looking a ton of epic tees, not necessarily just the dailies, but that all depends on how this version does. Download it, tell all your friends to download it.
  • image
    234 weeks ago
    free? and did you go with the original or newer layout?
  • image
    234 weeks ago
    whats the name of the app?
  • image
    234 weeks ago
    never mind i just typed teefury and found it im adding it now.
  • image
    234 weeks ago
    The app is called DailyTees, it's free and I went with the second layout as not appease the tshirt gods.
  • image
    234 weeks ago
    It's live! It's live! http://appsto.re/dailytees
  • image
    234 weeks ago
    Er, click HERE.
  • image
    234 weeks ago
    downloading now
  • Load More Comments


Back to Top