Back to forum
rss 256 weeks ago
I just got my first Tee Fury shirt today the DUEL. I love the shirt design, but when i tried it on it felt itchy so i washed it according to shirt instructions. The shirt Completely faded it looks like ive owned the shirt for years now. Anyone have any advice for a next shirt or should I expect it to happen to all my shirts?
22Comments
    256 weeks ago
    I cant give you advice... but today is the first time that I have bought a shirt in a very very long time... so I hope this isnt a normal thing for the shirts to fade so fast.
    256 weeks ago
    Did you wash it inside out? Agitators ruin the heck outta prints.
    256 weeks ago
    Yeah. Wash them inside out and in cold water on the lightest setting possible.

Sadly, ever since the change to these Gildan shirts, the prints are not holding up as well on these types of tees.

This has kept me from buying any more tshirts like I used to.
    I so want this shirt today (Salvador Zombie
    by Ryan vs. Clark), but I've been bummed by how things are turning out
    on Gildan. I've washed them, even with fabric softener. I love the fit, but hate the way they feel and have a lack of holding the ink.

The only T I see buying next is the Omnibus 3.

I really wish this would be addressed.
    256 weeks ago
    I recommend just hand washing them in the sink/bath inside out in cold water. They don't shrink or lose much colour that way.
    256 weeks ago
    OMG really? They are fading and even the prints are coming off? I always wash in cold water and even hang dry my tees but there is no firggin way I will hand wash my tees. When I do laundry I usually have about 5 tees in my laundry basket and I put a Downey ball in the washing machine.

I have tees from shirt.woot that area year old that the print/color looks as fresh as the day I got them and those shirts have been washed a million times. Those have been in the dryer too. AA shirts FTW.

This is not good.
    256 weeks ago
    I might add that most of the time, even for the shirts from here, a lot of times I forget to turn them inside out and the prints have never degraded.
    256 weeks ago
    I've only experienced fading with 2 or 3 tee fury shirts. One that I remember specifically was "the bird in a tree shirt". the print was completely faded after 1 wash and looked horrible. hasn't really happened besides 1 or 2 other shirts though.
    256 weeks ago
    I've never had any fading on my 40+ TeeFury shirts.

I don't think fading issues can be attributed to the blanks (interesting note: my oldest shirt ever is 15 years old, and a Gildan- the ink is cracked, but it didn't fade). They might not be as soft as some other brands, but there are not any known fading issues with printing on them.

If you have bad fading, email [email protected] - it probably means that the ink didn't cure properly (something that is possible on any blank).
    256 weeks ago
    The cracks are worse than fading. The itchyness is worse than cracks.

This whole thing has been talked about and I know you guys have already made yer decision but dang. I was hoping this was going to be a temp issue,(Due to the lack of available blanks, which is good, that means you're selling more!!!!) that so many people complained about in a previous post.

http://www.teefury.com/forum/1169/Has_TeeFury_switched?

LONG list of posts.

Being as I feel SO bad saying these kinds of things to a place I love so much because of the people that work here and come here to talk on a day to day basis, I want to find out a way to overcome my fears of buying again.

Quitting cold turkey is harsh to my soul.

Will check out some expensive fabric softner for the water.
    We have water softners at the apartment I live in.

More Later if I find out something that can help.
    256 weeks ago
    TheBeast.
    Any pics we can look at to see what fading occured?
    256 weeks ago
    damn! i forgot about the new blanks and bought the dali zombie shirt yesterday. o, how i hope it's not all itchy and sucky! i REALLY loved the old tees.
    256 weeks ago
    I've never had a shirt fade, from anywhere. I have a 6 year old Gildan that is the same color green it's always been.

There is always the RIT dye that someone else mentioned in another discussion. Maybe that can help?
    256 weeks ago
    Kimoppi said: I've never had a shirt fade, from anywhere. I have a 6 year old Gildan that is the same color green it's always been.

There is always the RIT dye that someone else mentioned in another discussion. Maybe that can help?

I have two shirts that I've recently noticed are QUITE fadded from here. I'm super disappointed.
    256 weeks ago
    also, how is RIT going to help with the fading of the actual print itself? I have the shapeshifter shirt, and the black print on the shirt is now a dingy grey'ish color.
    256 weeks ago
    kizat said: also, how is RIT going to help with the fading of the actual print itself? I have the shapeshifter shirt, and the black print on the shirt is now a dingy grey'ish color.

I thought they were saying the shirt faded. Can the prints fade? I don't believe any of mine have.
    255 weeks ago
    Kimoppi said:
    kizat said: also, how is RIT going to help with the fading of the actual print itself? I have the shapeshifter shirt, and the black print on the shirt is now a dingy grey'ish color.

I thought they were saying the shirt faded. Can the prints fade? I don't believe any of mine have.

I've had two prints fade now. *shrug*

I dont want to stop buying shirts from here but if the quality is less than what they had 12 months/8months/6months ago, I dont really see why I should continue to pay the same price for less. *shrug*

I'd rather pay 12 dollars and have a shirt I can wear more than once than have a shirt I have to hold on to and not wear.
    255 weeks ago
    Only my tees that are a one color print have faded, like my TF logo shirt and two others that i'm too lazy to look up the names of.

All my other Teefury PRINTS have been top notch.
    255 weeks ago
    snarkygal said: OMG really? They are fading and even the prints are coming off? I always wash in cold water and even hang dry my tees but there is no firggin way I will hand wash my tees. When I do laundry I usually have about 5 tees in my laundry basket and I put a Downey ball in the washing machine.
    I have tees from shirt.woot that area year old that the print/color looks as fresh as the day I got them and those shirts have been washed a million times. Those have been in the dryer too. AA shirts FTW.
    This is not good.

Snarkygal said exactly what I was going to say...except the Downey ball, that's so femmy!

My Robotic Propaganda shirt totally faded after one wash. Light cycle, cold water, inside out and hang dried. That dosen't happen with my woot shirts. Bummer, it was so vivid. I thought the ink might not have set up, I could smell it when I opened the plastic packaging. Maybe I should have ironed it first or just let it hang for a week before I wore it, I don't know.
    255 weeks ago
    If the ink wasn't properly cured I don't think there's anything you can do about it. The way to tell if the ink was adequately cured is to grab a bit of the shirt and stretch it- if the ink stretches then awesome, if it "spiderwebs" it's ok, if it gets straight vertical fissures then it's not ruined, but you'll have to take extra care with it.
    255 weeks ago
    I saw this in the "Has TeeFury Switched" thread and thought it really belonged here.

mrwednesday said 5 minutes ago Quote
    I also have to add my disappointment to the list. Not only are the Gildan tees uncomfortable and awkwardly sized, but they do not last. For a shirt site that makes its money off of unique designs that are gone forever, why would you print anything on shirts that will not keep the design intact?

The thin weave combined with the cross-hatched weaving leads to a lot of space between threads and the ink not directly attached to a thread breaks down really easily. I'm wearing my teevil collab for the first time today and I can already see the shirt showing through near the intersection of threads inside the design.

Incredibly incredibly disappointing. I don't even want to buy the shirts I want anymore because I don't want to waste the money on a shirt that's going to look like charmeleon in a few months even if I baby it during washing.

These are a giant. massive, hamstring-tearing step down from the AIstyle......
    255 weeks ago
    Wow. I'm saddened to read this. :o/

So my plan is now to wait until my Dali-Zombie shirt gets here and give it a good wear and wash. If the quality isn't up to par, I won't purchase any additional tees until a change is made somewhere/somehow. If no change is made, I won't be buying any more tees. Which socks, because they seem super extra awesome. But I don't have the money to keep buying shirts that won't last.
    Arrgh.
    4 weeks ago
    I bought and tee-shirt too the "Inhaler of world", go it after 2 weeks. worn it once I was surprise too see it started to fade after one single hand wash
    Kirby's shadows size juste tripled and Earth too

This is bad, I hate see this, I feel bad for me I really like it