Back to forum
rss 244 weeks ago
Hate it when you see a design you love but the shirt is (insert color you hate)? I have stumbled upon a kickass product that has really helped me brighten up some boring shirts. I learned about this fabric spray called Simply Spray... They sell it at like Walmart and Michaels and craft stores like that. It is so easy to use that I do it with my little cousins all the time. Kids really enjoy it. Its a fabric spray that comes in tons of different colors, they even have a upholstery spray for like old ugly couches. I just see a lot of people that say "love the design, hate the shirt color" and I think this is the perfect solution. You can do the shirt a solid color or do some tie dye, thats what I do. It makes it look great. They have new stuff called Puff Paint and it is like the stuff that we used to use as kids when we would make shirts and write our names in the puff paint. Its awesome. Last Halloween I used some of their spray blood for my halloween costume. It was killer. All I do is usually cut out a cardboard piece the size of whatever the design is and place it on top and spray around it or make it tie dye looking... I dont usually spray over the actual ink on the shirt cause I normally like the colors.

Well enough rambling!! I just get excited cause I love it.

www.simplyspray.com CHECK IT OUT!!

You can get it here too... http://spraypaint4fabric.com/

and they were on the today show not too long ago..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ42G5mFVkU

LOVE IT!!!
26Comments
    244 weeks ago
    First off you sound super excited. Stuff sounds cool. I'll have to check it out. Spray color changer. What has this world come to?... Thats not really a question.
    244 weeks ago
    I know haha as I re read that I realized I sounded like a kid talking about Christmas morning. Its just that I know one of the people that worked on the packaging and she had me take a few cans to kinda test out the product and see what I thought and I just got addicted. I had this ugly old chair that my aunt gave me but it was kinda funky so I kept it... and I use the upholstery spray on it and it changed my view of yard sales, haha now whenever i see an old 70s chair with that ugly floral print in my head I think of what color I could spray it. Its like... spray paint for fabric and its the bees knees.
    244 weeks ago
    By the way... I think you have the best profile that I have read so far.
    243 weeks ago
    oooh sweet. i was thinking the other day that it'd be cool to tie dye a shirt that had a print on it.
    243 weeks ago
    I haven't thoroughly scoured any of the sites.. so sorry if it's in plain english somewhere there... but how does this fair through the washing machine?

Also, that youtube was disappointing... was hoping they'd actually use it. stupid morning shows.
    243 weeks ago
    I have never had a problem with fading or bleeding or anything like that and I have done a lot of shirts and even a pair of jeans.
    243 weeks ago
    I'm almost convinced to get the black to reblacken my clothes. ha.
    243 weeks ago
    for the past 3 years my work uniform was all black so that def came in handy. I used to use the dye but it was soooo messy and then i tried this and it was like the heavens opened up!
    243 weeks ago
    Cool link. It doesn't make your shirts less breathable though does it?
    243 weeks ago
    Just poke some holes in it.
    243 weeks ago
    The shirt... not the can.
    243 weeks ago
    melbel said: Just poke some holes in it.

You serious??? o_0
    243 weeks ago
    Well... it will make it more breathable.
    243 weeks ago
    Sounds pretty awesome, might try this out since the color of the shirt is a big factor for buying the shirt.
    Do you have any pictures of the outcome?
    243 weeks ago
    have any animals been harmed in the testing of the product? because if so then im intrested
    243 weeks ago
    Renae... Ill take some pictures of my stuff and post them.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Simply-Spray/145744576076?ref=ts

That is the facebook fan page, there are some really cool pictures of what people have done with the spray.

Biotwist... you creep!!
    243 weeks ago
    Lovin' the green/blue spiral tye-dye. I might have to check this out next time I go to Wal mart. Thanks for the heads up. :]
    243 weeks ago
    Melbel also makes 5 cents on each can she sells. :P
    243 weeks ago
    I wish!!! Then I could afford more t-shirts!!
    243 weeks ago
    sounds cool. im definately checking it out next wal-mart run
    243 weeks ago
    @sirknifesalot... i am an idiot. haha it didnt click in my head when you asked if it would make the shirt less breathable.. its not like other sprays where it changes like the fabric of the shirt... the shirt will still be very breathable. It stays very soft.

another note about the upholstery spray... you dont have to worry about it coming off on your clothes or anything like that.. i have used sprays before that the color would rub off on my white tshirts but this spray doesnt rub off on anything. once it is dry it is dry.

I just got a cool little foot stool that had an ugly floral design on it, but i sprayed it blue and it looks awesome. its an easy way for a college kid or someone on a budget... (or anyone) to make their apartment match perfectly.
    243 weeks ago
    And I just looked at their website and if you have an ugly couch you have a chance to win like $250. They have an ugly couch contest!! Thats a lot of tshirt money!

http://www.uglycouchcontest.com/
    243 weeks ago
    what if i put our ugly roommate on a relatively nice couch?
    243 weeks ago
    Its worth a try!
    241 weeks ago
    bahahaha i love this, and i am definitely trying this on my new lion shirt.
    thank you melbellllll.
    take your five cent comission.
  • Load More Comments