The last couple shirts I've gotten (including Monster Hat by missmonster) have felt really different than my usual TeeFury's. The more recent ones seem to fit a little better, but they also feel scratchy and less soft.

Then I just found a thread on emptees that jimiyo stated something about Gildan 2000.

http://emptees.com/posts/47511-teefury-tees-how-do-they-fit

Has TeeFury switched from the Alstyle blanks they've always used???

223Comments
    246 weeks ago
    gildan? really...?
    246 weeks ago
    I agree with them feeling less soft though. That's pretty disappointing if they're using gildan instead of alstyle and didn't tell us...
    245 weeks ago
    hmmm ill have to investigate my collection and get back to you....
    245 weeks ago
    I really wish Teefury would just go AA. That would make it easier for everyone... I would take the price hike for it!
    245 weeks ago
    I mentioned this before but I think it may be relevant here...

I have gotten a Gildan from TeeFury in the past. It was, like you said, a little scratchy and less soft. Oddly though, it fit worse on me than AlStyle - too boxy, too wide of neck, to be specific - although it was not as long as the AlStyles.

I don't remember if it was a comment from staff or just a member here, but I was told that if TF runs out of AlStyle blanks while printing a design, they switch over to Gildans. I don't know how true that is, but that may have been the case. Whether or not they permanently switched to Gildan I can't say, but I just bought a shirt a couple of days ago so when it arrives, I'll compare it to both the AlStyle and the Gildan to see what's what.
    245 weeks ago
    I really wish Teefury would just go AA. That would make it easier for everyone... I would take the price hike for it!

it wouldn't make it "easier for everyone" though. not everyone wants or likes AA shirts. as proved in the previous discussions/arguments.
    245 weeks ago
    the neck on one my last shirts was definitely wider than usual...

can someone from Tee Fury please shed some light on this?
    245 weeks ago
    I've noticed that the shirts seem bigger.

The lady's medium, which previously fit me like a normal small shirt would, now (as in the last couple t-shirts I've ordered) fits like a lady's large or xtra-large. (where my old lady's mediums still fit like a small).

I would also like to know if the shirt bases have changed...
    245 weeks ago
    So many people keep saying they want AA... I've never ever owned an AA t-shirt. What's so special about them?
    245 weeks ago
    they're not that special, but some people to seem to think so. they are very soft and fitted but not the BEST SHIRT EVER OMGZ! not everyone wants a shirt like that.
    245 weeks ago
    Isn't it just the 'AMERICA! pika YEAH!' attitude speaking?

I still gotta try the S on, cos previously the M was a bit big for me. Being in South Africa means I usually get the tees at least a month after everyone... Grrr.
    245 weeks ago
    I just wish I could get some athletic fit shirts. :P
    I don't care who makes them, I just want me good shirts!
    245 weeks ago
    so are we gonna get any answers?
    245 weeks ago
    Matt, if I was 100% sure I'd let you know- but I don't have access to that information. If the blanks were changed for some reason, we'll probably get more information on that on Monday when people are back in the office.
    245 weeks ago
    thanks MJ. please let us know when you find out.
    245 weeks ago
    any news?
    245 weeks ago
    Like I said in the emptees thread, we have changed to Gildan 2000.

We had been using various brands over the past few months, but now have bulk orders of Gildan for blanks.

Although odd colors, we still have other brands, but the main colors we sell, are now mostly all Gildan.

Women's are different though.
    245 weeks ago
    wow

that is very disappointing to hear. the gildan 2000 isn't nearly as nice as the alstyle shirt you were using. the gildan 2000 is the shirt everyone uses for screen printing because they are cheap and easy to get. they are much boxier and not as soft (cause they're not ringspun cotton) than the alstyle.

I really liked that Tee Fury used the Alstyle shirts. they are nice shirts that are soft and fit well and not the same thing (American Apparel) that everyone else uses.

if you're trying at all to keep up with other t-shirt sites, you just went the complete wrong direction. most newer sites are using american apparel or something comparable. and I personally am not a huge AA fan boy, so i liked that tee fury used something different but still nice. gildans are used for free t-shirt promotions and office parties, not beautiful art.
    245 weeks ago
    Gildans? I already wasn't a fan of Alstyles, but Gildans are even worse. I'm a little bummed about this, as it pretty much ensures I'll never buy another shirt here. Maybe this won't affect the site much, though, since most of the purchasers hate the kind of blanks I like (AA, the dbh perfect tees, basically anything with a fitted cut).

I hope someday you guys reconsider and go with another blank.
    245 weeks ago
    oh yea. forgot to mention that gildans definitely turn me off to buying shirts here. I love tee fury and love the designs and love that they're only $9. but gildan shirts...i do not love.
    245 weeks ago
    we have changed to Gildan 2000.

:-(

There's a shirt that I should really love, but wear it rarely due to the fact that it was printed on a Gildan. It simply is not flattering to wear due to the shirt's boxy cut, and as has been mentioned, it is not nearly as soft as the AlStyle (and not even close to AA). I'm saddened to hear all future shirts will be on the same blanks (and that my most recent purchase will be on a Gildan too. noooooo!).

If you are going to stick with Gildan, can you at the very least offer sizes down to Men's XS? Sure it won't make the shirts any more softer, obviously, but at least they'll actually fit!

gildans are used for free t-shirt promotions and office parties, not beautiful art.

Residence Halls 2005... Summer Camp Staff... Senior Grad Night... etc. All these old, terrible shirts that I have and don't wear.

All printed on Gildan.
    245 weeks ago
    Since which shirt have you started printing on Gildan?
    245 weeks ago
    Gildan?? Really?? Wow..

Well, if the women's are really on Gildan, I guess I can order women's sizes for a change. They are very boxy, but they won't choke the "girls."
    245 weeks ago
    Women's are variable. Gaziani, or Tutlex depending on supply. Women's have been the same for a long while now.
    245 weeks ago
    The last shirt I bought here was the Giraffe Crossing...was that on AIStyle or Gildan? What is the difference?

I have always been happy with the T-shirts I have gotten here, nicely sized, thick, and soft. Why are you changing what works? I would be fine with paying a little more to get quality shirts!

Which brand was Giraffe Crossing printed on?
  • Load More Comments