Back to forum
rss 246 weeks ago
Submissions should be sent through the Submit page:

http://www.teefury.com/submit.php
55Comments
    246 weeks ago
    Its hard trying to figure out what curator likes what. it would be cool if you had one big flickr pool that all curators can call dibs from
    246 weeks ago
    We will be creating a new sub area for the site where it will be like one big pool. It's good that you mention it cause it makes me think it might be good if the artists knew if they were approved or not.

Although looking at the archives is a good idea of what we like...

246 weeks ago
    well i know what you like

this was the best i could do for lolskulls

246 weeks ago
    and non links worked. I=fail.

points is lolcats and lolskulls
    246 weeks ago
    Here's my curiosity... I'm not an artist, per se... but I was thinking about submitting an idea/drawing I doodled once for the amusement of my coworkers.

Does teefury prefer artists, or is it just good designs? I'm just worried that if my design were actually selected that I'd get snarked at by the teefury community for being a non-artist without a portfolio.
    242 weeks ago
    Don't worry about that Kimoppi, a good design/art will garner respect from people regardless. If you don't have a fully developed portfolio yet I don't think people will knock you. good luck!
    241 weeks ago
    CPUT99 said: Don't worry about that Kimoppi, a good design/art will garner respect from people regardless. If you don't have a fully developed portfolio yet I don't think people will knock you. good luck!

Awww... thanks. I made a good sketch and scanned it into my computer. Now I've got 25 days left on my Photoshop test period to make it work. I'm having trouble because it feels a bit disjointed to me. I'm trying to decide if I should edit it into less, or just move things around a bit. My boyfriend is going to think I'm insane when I print it out and staple it to a shirt to get a better feel for how it sits. :-)
    241 weeks ago
    biotwist said: well i know what you like
    funny-pictures-cat-has-loving-mother.jpg

this was the best i could do for lolskulls

that is one cute fat cat
    241 weeks ago
    I e-mailed [email protected] It's been a few weeks, I didn't hear back. Does anybody respond to that? Should I just e-mail a specific curator?
    241 weeks ago
    thestray said: I e-mailed [email protected] It's been a few weeks, I didn't hear back. Does anybody respond to that? Should I just e-mail a specific curator?

If you sent it to [email protected], then a curator has it. You will be contacted if TeeFury is able to use the art :)
    241 weeks ago
    I e-mailed a curator before I read your reply, oops, haha.
    241 weeks ago
    I've heard of curators suggesting that something be changed. Now do you only get a response if it's yes and nothing if they don't want to print the art. I have something that I've been working on for quite a while but I'm scared to sub it because I feel like I won't ever know if there's something that I need to change. Basically I'm worried that if it's not perfect then I shouldn't sub it at all.
    241 weeks ago
    liner13 said: I've heard of curators suggesting that something be changed. Now do you only get a response if it's yes and nothing if they don't want to print the art. I have something that I've been working on for quite a while but I'm scared to sub it because I feel like I won't ever know if there's something that I need to change. Basically I'm worried that if it's not perfect then I shouldn't sub it at all.

You'll get a response if we want to print it, and you'll also get a response if we'd like some edits/changes to be made.

If you're feeling like you'd really like some feedback, you might want to try posting your design to the TeeFury forums. Posters here tend to be a helpful bunch, and it might help you to get past those nerves :)
    240 weeks ago
    Thanks for starting this thread. I have submitted work but not heard back if it was approved. It feels like my email fell into a black hole. A friend of mine also submitted more than one and has heard nothing. I realize you guys are all artists and you have your own work to be doing. But since your site depends on having new designs every day it seems that responsiveness to submissions would be important. Even if it is in the negative. If you guys are overworked (which I suspect you are) then maybe you need additional moderators? Or a more seamless submission process? Or even a time frame in which we might expect to receive a response? Love my TeeFury shirts, love hanging out here. Thanks for listening!
    239 weeks ago
    how long would it take to hear back from a curator if your design was picked?
    239 weeks ago
    If your design is not selected do you guys send an email back saying it wasn't?
    237 weeks ago
    bryan_el_rabano said: If your design is not selected do you guys send an email back saying it wasn't?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no- this varies from curator to curator, so there isn't a set rule. If it's been more than a week or two, though, signs probably point to no.

I'd suggest that if you have a design you didn't get a response on and would like feedback, these forums could be a great place to get ideas from the community :)
    237 weeks ago
    Thanks MJ.

I sent it to jimiyo.

Here's a link to my site.

MEANINGLESS METAPHORS-NOTAPHORS
    This is a social experiment about communication. It is human nature to look at something and try to make meaning out of it. No matter how much meaning you think there is in these pieces, there really isn't. In fact, I wore one of these images on a t-shirt the other day and could see people look at my shirt and try to figure it out. The joke is on them because...It doesn't mean anything.
    237 weeks ago
    is there a specific size we need or no?
    233 weeks ago
    It'd be very nice if you replied to the all artist that their design was not selected. Waiting is so much hurt. ;P
    231 weeks ago
    I'm curious as to how long it takes from a design being accepted to going on sale, anybody have any insight? I had two designs accepted a little over two weeks ago...
    231 weeks ago
    deepspacemonkey said: I'm curious as to how long it takes from a design being accepted to going on sale, anybody have any insight? I had two designs accepted a little over two weeks ago...

You are slated for late November. The other one will be December. I'll send you a confirmation on the days soon.
    231 weeks ago
    Awesome thanks jimiyo!

didn't wanna be a pest--but also wanted to make sure it wasn't lost in the 1's & 0's
    227 weeks ago
    just curious. i have 1 desing acepted. to send others desings i must send it via e-mail or i must use the artist site?
    227 weeks ago
    Either way would be seen by someone on staff :)
  • Load More Comments