Back to forum
rss 246 weeks ago
Anyone else notice the shirts that come kind of vary in size.
For example i always order mens medium and they are always shipped as a medium but some of the shirts i get fit very small on me, some too large, and some absolutely perfect. Is different material used on different tee's from the site?
13Comments
    246 weeks ago
    I've never noticed it myself, but pretty much every brand of tee will vary in size. It's just a product of having multiple slightly-calibrated-differently machines churning out the shirts.

The best you can do is shrink any big ones.
    246 weeks ago
    I totally know what you mean! It's the same thing for me with womens mediums.
    246 weeks ago
    I've had the same problem with some of the MS shirts. It's also not just slightly different. I have one that's several inches shorter than the normal sized ones, and one that's much longer than it should be. The one that's very long might have been on a different blank though since it's the oldest of any of the shirts I own, and might have been made before TeeFury started using Alstyle. But when I sent an email about my short shirt, Andrew (I believe) said it should be been printed on Alstyle so I'm not sure why it's so short.
    246 weeks ago
    The womens shirts run way small in my opinion.
    246 weeks ago
    I order women's large and I know I have a huge problem with inconsistency. I've figured out the women's black and dark brown run about the average fit of a standard size. But a lot of the coloured tee are weird fit. Sometimes I get them them and they are a completely different size by several inches. My last light blue tee shirt I bought if you held it up to my last black shirt it was 2 inches longer, and 4 inches more narrow in the chest area, before any washing or trying on. (Which was a problem, considering I wear a large for the room in the chest size.) But overall, I would say the sizes are very inconsistent, and generally run a little small for women's at least.

also, my boyfriend's however, have all been exactly the same cut, and size with every colour and order so far.
    246 weeks ago
    icecube, I can say though, all my my shirts have run longer in length. I myself have a pretty long torso, and I always am happy that the shirts don't fall short on me.
    246 weeks ago
    yea eluding, i dont know if the colors have to do with it or what but i have and very light grey colored shirt and it fits perfect while i have 3 or 4 black/navy blue colored ones which all seems to be either too narrow or too short. and it socks not knowing how the shirt will come out because there is always shirts that im like 50/50 on but with the inconsistency i usually dont buy.
    191 weeks ago
    i noticed this too! I based my order size off my first shirt purchase size, (which fit perfect) now, the last two shirts I've ordered in that size are HUGE on me?
    191 weeks ago
    My Women's Small was huge! I still like it though, very comfy. :-)
    191 weeks ago
    I can honestly say that I haven't noticed inconsistencies as I always get a men's large so that I don't have to worry about it being too short(I'm a six foot tall chick) and if they shrink in the dryer, they don't get tight. I've only ever gotten men's sizes because most women's shirts are just too short on me and I figured I'd be safe and not risk the women's shirts here being as weird as it seems they are.
    191 weeks ago
    My black shirts (WXL) fit SO well. Missmonster's Diablo is a great example. The colored shirts are almost always shorter, and some are SO much tighter, even before washing. I bought white Rats of NIMH shirt a few months back, and it was soft, and a WONDERFUL fit. It hardly compares to my green, grey, and yellow shirts, which are so small comparatively...

The women's sizes are really small in general though. I wish they went up to 2X at least, especially considering how tight fitting they are.
    191 weeks ago
    I've not noticed this with mine (mens xl) I have a dark grey one, an army green one and a slate blue one...

I tend to stay away from very light and bright colours though, so maybe it will happen if I buy any of those...
    183 weeks ago
    i think this tends to happen with grab bags. For $5 u get whatever they stick a label eg. tees that got messed up by the manufacturers (wrong labels for the wrong sizes).

Hence, an 'S' which is 3 inches longer and 1 inch wider than it should be.

Don't think they replace Grab Bag tees :( but could be wrong