Back to forum
rss 261 weeks ago
Okay gang, we've been hearing all your input regarding posts on the front page, and based on that feedback we're posting some guidelines on what is and what is not okay to post.

Keep it on-topic (at least for 2 hours)
We're asking that the conversation stay on-topic and about the shirt that is for sale for the first two hours, at a minimum. I think this shows respect to the artist, and allows him or her to get feedback on their work. For example, in the first two hours, posting that the shirt reminds you of a movie is fine. Posting that you just saw a completely unrelated movie is not.

Criticism should be constructive
When you comment, if you criticize it is a MUST that your criticism be constructive and kind. It is encouraged to let the artist know if you love their linework, but think one area is confusing or has a color combination you don't like. It is a deleteable offense to leave unhelpful and generic comments like "This looks like something I could buy at the mall" or "meow."

Respect other posters
Everyone at TeeFury, whether they're a forum poster, artist, or curator, is a human being deserving of basic respect. It is absolutely 100% unacceptable to insult or demean members of this community. If you disagree with another member, respond to their opinions and counter them politely, but never attack them as a person or as a group. It is okay to disagree, and no one is right all the time so please give each other the benefit of the doubt.

This is a family-friendly site, keep it PG-13
Our goal is to make this site a place where people of all ages can discuss art and design, and just plain have a good time. So the front page has to remain a safe zone where everyone feels comfortable, and that means no racism, sexism, homophobia, etc and definitely no images that exceed a PG-13 rating (when in doubt, don't post it).

I think most posters already do most of these things, and that's awesome. I'm posting this to make sure everyone knows all the rules and so that there is less confusion when a comment is deleted.
238Comments
    261 weeks ago
    If there are repeat offenders, I've been given permission to release the hounds, and actually put people on probation. No ability to log in whatsoever as long as we choose.

Watch for the Teevil for the warnings.

261 weeks ago
    If you see Ohai Teevil, you are on the radar for probation.

ohai.jpg
    261 weeks ago
    Bwahahah @ ohai teevil.
    261 weeks ago
    weeding is always a great idea
    261 weeks ago
    Haha Jimi I thought that was basement cat!!
    261 weeks ago
    i love tee fury but I should have the right to I don't like a color combination. art my be subject but to furry has put out a bunch of stuff the the majority of the tee fury "community" has thought bad and people have the right to express that
    261 weeks ago
    Good call.

Perhaps there could be a forum thread somewhere for each tee, somewhere where it can be critiqued - dumped on if it's not to your taste - or just plain lauded.

I don't think a "shopfront" is the place for it.
    261 weeks ago
    Biotwist, MJ's own example of what is ok to say critique wise was something along the lines of "I don't like this color combination"... so I think you're in the clear...

The one thing that's pissed me off about Fury the past several weeks are the front page post-a-thon's that happen pretty much every single day now.
    By the time I wake up in the morning, there's a novel of random charmeleon posted - really it's pretty annoying.
    261 weeks ago
    Ohai Teevil =
    261 weeks ago
    yea all the jigglypuff is pretty annoying. ie - lolcats, stupid internet jokes, etc. its funny every once in awhile, but not every day.
    261 weeks ago
    omg tee with ohai teevil PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEASE?
    261 weeks ago
    A couple of days ago got really bad. If I want to see Lolcats, I can go to the Lolcats (and Loldogs) website.
    261 weeks ago
    i agree for the most part, i think this is a good idea to set up guild lines.

however, i do agree with biotwist. i think we should have the right say things such a colour combination. though i do not design teeshirts, i am an artist. i know in a critique i would want to know if something as big as colour combination wasn't working. and if as an artist, you have enough people say they don't like it, and it's not working... you know something isn't right. i think things like that should be included and encouraged, maybe just add their has to be a reason, not just "i don't like these colours together"/etc.
    261 weeks ago
    @ biotwist & eludingsun:

please read this sentence carefully: "It is encouraged to let the artist know if you love their linework, but think one area is confusing or has a color combination you don't like."

you CAN and are ENCOURAGED to say you don't like the color combination.

thx :)
    261 weeks ago
    HeyReputah, i actually did read that incorrectly, thanks for the clarification. :)
    261 weeks ago
    you got it dude/dudette!
    261 weeks ago
    Thanks for posting this. I have to admit that the front page forum was starting to turn me off a tad on coming here.
    259 weeks ago
    on the front page you keep sending people to this post for personal attacks... so does that mean i should do any and all attacking here?
    lol j/k
    the internets will never be rid of trolls people, the pen has always been mightier than the sword so to speak. develop thicker skins.

personally, i think the balanced and consistant nature of the deletions here is refreshing after the lunacy and wild reasoning of woot deletions. i hope the moderators here (now and in the future) can remain as unbiased toward friend or foe as they are right now. :)
    259 weeks ago
    How about I just not post since it's going to get deleted anyhow.
    259 weeks ago
    I have only 1 problem.
    I'm really hungry and too tired to fix food.
    Someone make me dinner I'll buy them today's T. :)

That reminds me.... Someone weeks ago was bummed they couldn't afford a specific T. I offered to get it for them. Sent them an email. They didn't even respond with a thank you, but no thank you.

Weird.
    259 weeks ago
    What a sweetie you are!!! That was rude for them to not say thanks anyways. You have a good heart.
    259 weeks ago
    fuzzy: buy me a shirt and i'll buy you one!
    259 weeks ago
    Fuzzy you're too awesome. The dude probably wasn't serious about it. Or he was afraid to give out his details online. People can be paranoid. No loss for you!
    259 weeks ago
    oh i forgot about the first 2 hours thing...guess i'll have to wait till the morning
    259 weeks ago
    matt2kool said: oh i forgot about the first 2 hours thing...guess i'll have to wait till the morning

Matt, this is the part you are running into problems with:

Criticism should be constructive
    It is a deleteable offense to leave unhelpful and generic comments like "This looks like something I could buy at the mall" or "meow."

Saying that a shirt looks like the style of another store, site, or whatever does not help the artist and does not contribute anything meaningful to the conversation. TeeFury always has and always will print a variety of styles. If you dislike the style, say that in a way that helps the artist (ie, "This is too cartoon-y for me, I would rather see a realistic cookie murder").
  • Load More Comments