Back to forum
rss 248 weeks ago
My boyfriend usually buys American Apparel shirts because they are slim and fit a tall skinny man. Does anyone know if these shirts are slim fit and long or if they're the wide and short fit. Also, how do they shrink?
9Comments
    248 weeks ago
    The tall slim fit is available on teefury, as I need the same, except dont buy the male sizes, the best one is the large female, they are loing and slim. None of mine have shrunk at all.
    hope this helps
    248 weeks ago
    if you're a dude wearing a girls shirt, you probably look pretty dumb. they are cut a lot different even if you're buying a larger size.
    248 weeks ago
    Eh, I wear Medium AA and Teefury's M works for me although it isn't slim as say, DBH or anothersite's shirts.
    248 weeks ago
    I also wear Medium AA and I really like the way those fit me. Similar fits: Medium Tultex, Medium anothersite, Medium DBH Perfect, and Small DBH Original.

I wear Teefury's Small shirts and they fit like the above before washing, but when it's washed it gets a bit snug. I haven't tried out a Medium, but after comparing on the size chart, I figured it's easier for me to stretch out the Smalls a bit rather than get a Medium that is too loose.
    247 weeks ago
    Thanks for the help. I think we are going to go with a large for the first buying.
    247 weeks ago
    I'm 6"1 and my two mediums that I have, I definitely wouldn't call snug. They're more baggy and comfy than a great fit.
    247 weeks ago
    They shrink less than AA, but have a similar long cut, but each size is just a wee bit bigger compared to its AA counterpart.

I wear L and XL AA equally well (L is a snug fit, XL is baggier)- Teefury L fits me like a glove.
    247 weeks ago
    I found that teefury L is pretty much the same fit as AA L on the shoulders and waist, but it is a bit longer, so they may fit your boyfriend even better
    247 weeks ago
    i'm a girl who normally wears a guys xl t-shirt, but I can comfortably wear american apparel in guys large....