Back to forum
rss 252 weeks ago
I added this comment to my front page note and since it runs the risk of being deleted in that location, I will also add it here:

I have to say I find some of these t-shirt wonks to be tedious in their inability to forgive or forget any misstep on the part of any t-shirt merchant in their myopic little online world. Now we get to hear about "the sin of 6-19-09" forever into eternity, until we're right sick of it.

I hope everyone has enough largesse and imagination to MOVE ON soon... otherwise we'll all be treated to the nightly mewlings of a small cadre of self-congratulatory mini-fascists in search of the next geekinese way to express their need for universal adherence to their ephemeral, unwritten "laws of what is acceptable in the world of t-shirts".

You sniveling lot become tiresome in the extreme after a while, so step off and try to get yourselves all growed up, if that's possible, okay? TeeFury made a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes. There's no reason they should have their noses rubbed in it ad nauseum.
7Comments
    252 weeks ago
    I saw the tshirt, but I didn't see what exactly happened... what was the mistake they made?
    252 weeks ago
    Apparently it was a copy or remake of an old design that had once been printed years ago. The PC bloodhounds sniffed it out and were immediately in full cry against the artist and TeeFury. Insults were hurled, imprecations and implications handed out, and behavior was generally at about the level of a bunch of 13-year-olds. That's per usual with that bunch.
    251 weeks ago
    omg really guys, the whole remember whatever date it was thing is just a joke really, the fact that the guys are still hanging around on teefury is a perfect testiment to that. It's a meme and a laugh, and the fact that you're giving them that attention is what gets them happy about doing it.

Granted, I think it's funny, and yes, I will still support teefury :)
    251 weeks ago
    I love how you're moving on.

Practice what you preach, man.
    251 weeks ago
    Some took it slightly too far, I agree. Yet as Tucker Max once said, "If you can't take a joke, frick you."

I love the community of this site, including you TBS3311. We're one giant mixing pot. I felt a great bonding moment with this site on that day, we stood against something that was unfair.

Do you support people who download music, movies, video games, and television shows online without paying the people who crafted them? That's the same as what happened that day.
    251 weeks ago
    god forbid people try to put a fun spin on on the other days drama. I feel that any artist who had his work rejected from this site should have felt offended that that was chosen for print even if it was original subjectivity aside. if people want a community they shouldn't be upset when it dose communal things
    251 weeks ago
    The shirt was not just a remake of an old shirt. It was what looked like a doctored copy of an older shirt. All of the lettering had identical outlines. The only originality included was that the Intel swoosh was reversed (though otherwise identical to the older shirt).

Unlike how Someone made this seem, this isn't quite the same as downloading movies and television without paying. The difference is that if you download a movie, you still acknowledge that such-and-such studio did the production. In this case, the artist claimed they were the creator of that shirt idea 10+ years ago.

With that said, FingRad took down the shirt after he had time to read into things. Teefury reacted to this appropriately, though it would have been nice if it hadn't happened at all.

Biotwist is correct. That printing was a slap in the face to real artists, and if we wish to lampoon it as a community there is nothing anyone can do to stop us. At least that one bad shirt brought us together through our disapproval.