Back to forum
rss 269 weeks ago
You'd buy this, wouldn't you

I know I would...
21Comments
    268 weeks ago
    With some more...."robust" colors, I'd totally buy it. As it stands, it's a little too pink for me.
    268 weeks ago
    Why did you chop all their noses off??
    268 weeks ago
    I drew the square background first, so I wanted to teebird to fill in as much space as possible with having equal space above the bird and below it. If I had the whole bird, there would've been too much negative space, or they wouldn't be squares. Of course, I suppose I could just make the squares smaller, but proportionally, it would look the same.
    268 weeks ago
    That might be too many colors to print on a single shirt.
    I'd buy it if you could get it printed like that.
    268 weeks ago
    It has too much pink i dont think me (a male) would wear that. Change up the colors and i would.
    268 weeks ago
    Indeed, it does have a few too many colors. Here's a modified version with a few more manly colors.
    monroe_try2.jpg

I don't know if teefury has ever printed one with more than 6, or if they would let it slide. This one currently has 10 colors. I'm going to try and make one with just six colors... but filling 9 squares with 6 colors if awfully hard.
    268 weeks ago
    Actually it has 9 colors, I believe. (This is a very good example of contrast... how the same colors can look different with different backgrounds/foregrounds etc).

is there no way to edit your post on the teefury forums?
    268 weeks ago
    if you used small halftones & stripes, you could probably drop it to 4 colors pretty easily.
    268 weeks ago
    You're right jecrt, didn't think about that.

Here's it halftonized.
    tee_monroe_halftone.jpg
    The original is 21inchs by 21inches, so obviously, this is just a resize.
    265 weeks ago
    Love it! I would buy.
    265 weeks ago
    I do love the Andy Warhol concept. Yet if you got the whole bird in frame it would be a total buy from me. It looks weird without the tip of the beak, and not a good weird.
    265 weeks ago
    What about rotating the bird about 45 degrees? I know it wouldn't keep the same sort of look, but it would keep the whole logo in without resizing... or at least that's what it looks like...
    Just an idea.
    265 weeks ago
    I would get the right one on the 2nd row, or on the half toned version, top center or middle left.
    265 weeks ago
    yes
    265 weeks ago
    um, philly, I think all of the birds are going to be printed on one shirt. I don't think it's a pick and choose sort of deal.
    265 weeks ago
    I would buy it if you could just show the beak. It throws it off for me. But I absolutely love the colors. (Except the middle one. I think the brown is a bit too dark and sticks out too much.)
    264 weeks ago
    dont knock the beak loss. it was just another michael jackson tribute!!
    264 weeks ago
    AlexWillms: Good suggestions, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

I'll also re-size it so you can see the whole bird and see how it looks.

@kxsoccer lol, funny.
    264 weeks ago
    And here's the new one with the full bird. It doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.
    T_bird_monroe_fullbird.jpg
    264 weeks ago
    id buy it! great colors!
    261 weeks ago
    Hey guys, sorry for bumping this tired thread, but I didn't want to make a new one... If you're a fan of this tee-fury design, you may like my latest one which is inspired by this one. It's up for vote on somewhereelse, here's the link: http://www.somewhereelse.com/vote/detail/59587
    Thank you, and I hope you like it.